My family is making ? TAMALES? for XMas dinner!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
YUM, YUM!!!
biggrin.gif

*Today in the morning*
Me: So ma, what are we cooking for tonight?
Mom: TAMALES with beans and ?champurrado?(a beverage)
Me: LMAO!
Mom: What is so funny?
Me: Nothing,mom. Nevermind. I am thinking: The PLEBA gals would LOVE to see this
wink.gif

LOL Im actually laughing so frigging hard because I only had to cut all the potatoes and prepare the ?frijoles puercos? (beans).I told mom I had to run to buy the camera film
but instead I come rushing to nearest Cyber coffee shop and rush overhere. Man, Im a crazy PLEBA slave !!!!

Later I will show you the pics of the TAMALES preparation!
Meanwhile: Would you like to eat this TAMALE?

santabono2_s.jpg

Or one of these:
coke.jpg

Merry Xmas, everyone!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 12-24-2001).]

tamaleD.gif
Chiuaua! I am not maiz!

I am a tamale bailando for your pleasure....me llamo Ramon.....ahora...baile conmigo....

vamos....

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Hey after Midnight Mass last nite (This morning? er...) we went to my Abuela's house and ate tamales
biggrin.gif
It was fun, tamales at 1 am
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I am all tamaled-out!! we spent most of the day making them, then eating them, now I am stuffed.....

No mas TAMALES por favor!!!

------------------
"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting. If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident" - Adam

sunlight, sunlight fills my room
it's sharp and it's clear
but nothing at all like the moon..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Later I will show you the pics of the TAMALES preparation!
Meanwhile: Would you like to eat this TAMALE?

THIS ONE!
icon26.gif

santabono2_s.jpg

biggrin.gif
Anyway.. every year at this hotel in a nearby town there is a buffet on Christmas Eve. Anyway, each table at the buffet is from a different country. So we go there as usual, and we are waiting for our table for about 20 minutes, and they have all these different Christmas trees in the lobby, decorated to suit each country they are having at the buffet. And one of them was Mexico. And in the far corner of the room is a tree covered in.. yep, you guessed it: glittery pepper ornaments and TAMALES!
wink.gif

Oh, and the same night I showed the concert pictures to a friend of my mom's, and we had doubles of each picture. And a really good one of Edge went missing. So the whole evening I kept thinking,"She likes EEEEDGE and couldn't resist taking a picture, ha ha ha.." (as a joke of course), and then later I find it stuck to another picture. Oh well, still funny to think of.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

biggrin.gif
I had 2 tamales today. And everyone gives me the olives. I don't know WHY we still put olives in them. No one except me and my mom like them.
biggrin.gif
My neice called them omlettes. Whatever.

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

Hmmm... tamales. Well, this is not tamale realated but it's food related so....

Today we had REAL cranberry sauce and all I could think was... "I want the kind out of a can with the rings and the distinct flavor of tin" LMAO @ myslef trying to be like Bono

------------------
"Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug." -Bono
"Bono, add yourself to that mix!" -hippy

"Then in 1986, Bono's ego officially joined the band, leading the way to a commercial explosion." -Who Can It Be Now?

One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Hmmm... tamales. Well, this is not tamale realated but it's food related so....

Today we had REAL cranberry sauce and all I could think was... "I want the kind out of a can with the rings and the distinct flavor of tin" LMAO @ myslef trying to be like Bono

I had that kind. I wanted to eat it out of the can to be like Bono, but my mom said "No"!!!

I had cranberry sauce... whole, no ridges.
frown.gif
I could draw nothing that had to do with U2 from the food.
frown.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm included to believe... are good things." - Adam

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
I had that kind. I wanted to eat it out of the can to be like Bono, but my mom said "No"!!!

LOL, I was at my GRANDPARENTS HOUSE! So it was even more inappropriate!

ME: *giggling hysterically*
GRANDMA: What's wrong?
ME: Do you have any cranberry sauce with the little rings on it?
GRANDMA: No, I wanted to make special sauce for this Christmas.
ME: Too bad. *pouts at the table like she's 4 again*
GRANDMA: *wonders why her 19 yr old granddaughter is pouting*

LOL

------------------
"Adam, Larry Mullen Jr., and Edge. They're my drug." -Bono
"Bono, add yourself to that mix!" -hippy

"Then in 1986, Bono's ego officially joined the band, leading the way to a commercial explosion." -Who Can It Be Now?

One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

No mas TAMALES por favor!!!

LOL I hear ya, girl. I also ate like a pig yesterday. We had tamales for breakfast and dinner. OMG! My poor stomach is paying now the consequences. And today mi mom tells me before coming to work: Aren't you packing TAMALES for lunch??! I say WHAT?????
eek.gif
MOM! Enough is enough! But will you save me 2 or 3 for dinner???
tongue.gif

Now I'm eating a healthy sandwich
smile.gif

So did you had a great time or what???

Mona: Bailaste con el elote Ram?n???
biggrin.gif

------------------
*God sometimes closes the doors you use. But in another place, he opens new ones ready for you to discover. ~ Unknown

~No one is blinder than me~

All this talk of Tamales is giving me a craving for Mexican food.

My family is so hilarious ... they always insist on eating the cranberry sauce from the can (it's tradition, they insist). I (being the Martha Stewart wannabe that I am) want to make fresh hommeade cranberry sauce, but they just won't let me.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I (being the Martha Stewart wannabe that I am) want to make fresh hommeade cranberry sauce

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
lol

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Brian Eno is trying to prevent me from downloading an MP3 of Bono having an orgasm!!" ~Echo~

All this talk of Tamales is giving me a craving for Mexican food.

me too. HOw'bout some enchiladas, sopes, quesadillas or tacos???

Ohhhhhhhhh yeeeesssssssss.... I love being mexican sometimes...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*God sometimes closes the doors you use. But in another place, he opens new ones ready for you to discover. ~ Unknown

~No one is blinder than me~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

I second that one!
eek.gif
And I suppose you leave your sleeves the way they are and don't think "Boom-cha Boom-cha Gin-ger-bread!" when you see little cookie men?!

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Originally posted by On The Edge:
I second that one!
eek.gif
And I suppose you leave your sleeves the way they are and don't think "Boom-cha Boom-cha Gin-ger-bread!" when you see little cookie men?!

!!! Or deck the halls with Larry balls
frown.gif
ggrr

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"Brian Eno is trying to prevent me from downloading an MP3 of Bono having an orgasm!!" ~Echo~

Okay.. reading a book yesterday.. and the person in the book has this German teacher who doesn't speak English extremely well, and he was doing some thing for the class with billiard balls and he put them on a tea towel to hold them still. And the main character raises her hand and asks,"Why do you use a tea towel?" and he says,"To keep my balls still." AND, of COURSE, right away I start thinking about PLEBA and Larry.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
I just love PLEBA. ^_^

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

LMAO at the cranberry sauce! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU ALL?!

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

LMAO at the cranberry sauce! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU ALL?!

What have you done? *shakes head*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

I second that one!
eek.gif

LMAO ... Actually I do the Bono sleeve thing all the time (my mom always yells at me about that).

You guys are too much! Tee Hee!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I second that one!
eek.gif

!!! Or deck the halls with Larry balls
frown.gif
ggrr

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ROTF LMAO! I actually did get some lovely balls (ornament balls, that is) for Christmas ... They are red with gold sparkles. I have taken to calling them my Macphisto balls!

------------------
Jessica

--Bono

--Bono

Hehe, my mom got me a sparky er...sparkly ornament ball for Xmas...but it had fuzz on the top...*dirty thoughts*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

I have taken to calling them my Macphisto balls!

redface.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

ROTF LMAO! I actually did get some lovely balls (ornament balls, that is) for Christmas ... They are red with gold sparkles. I have taken to calling them my Macphisto balls!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG My tummy hurts from laughin!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I knew who I was I wouldn't be an artist, I wouldn't be in a band, I wouldn't be here screaming for a living." ~Bono~

"The moment an artist loses his personality and magnetism, the moment his secret leaks out, the curtain comes down on his prosperity" ~Houdini~

I had a tamale for breakfast today.
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"There were moments when Bono even earned cheers for simply loosening his shirt"

"Listen....I could be a genius if I weren't so lazy"

Back
Top Bottom