My entire webshots page has vanished:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
frown.gif
I know webshots has been down all day, and we have been joking that when it came back up will our pics be here. Well it's back up but it claims to have no record of my account. I asked them to email me my password and they say there is no record of me having an account. I type in my community page and they said it did not exist. I got no email notice from them taking any more albums or terminating my account for any reason, it just vanished without a trace. I have checked some of yours and I know that they are still there. Everyone try yours and see if it's okay, if your account is still there and if you have all your pics. Good luck.
frown.gif

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
frown.gif
I know webshots has been down all day, and we have been joking that when it came back up will our pics be here. Well it's back up but it claims to have no record of my account. I asked them to email me my password and they say there is no record of me having an account. I type in my community page and they said it did not exist. I got no email notice from them taking any more albums or terminating my account for any reason, it just vanished without a trace. I have checked some of yours and I know that they are still there. Everyone try yours and see if it's okay, if your account is still there and if you have all your pics. Good luck.
frown.gif

holy sh!t
that sucks so bad

I dont' have webshots, but I know a lot of ppl here have been havin probs with it
frown.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I was already feeling bad I didn't need this. If I got shut down wouldn't they just tell me? It just disappeared.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mona have you ever had any problem with your snapfish? I've never heard of anyone complaining about it other than it shrinking big pics.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-04-2002).]

Shit. I'm so sorry. I'm so worried that's going to happen to mine. Ive got soo many pics there. Webshots has been so fucked lately.

GOD what is wrong with them????

mad.gif
WEBSHITS
mad.gif

Snapfish is ok but its sllllllowwwwwww and it does shrink pics.

P.S. If anyone can tell me another good place to host pictures please do.. I am really thinking I should start moving/saving my pictures somewhere else.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 01-04-2002).]

i am sorry about your page U2kitten.
frown.gif

a similar thing happened to mine about 2 wks ago, unlike other webshots ppl, i was not even warned with an email, they just vanished.
i am using snapfish for some of my Adam pics, but it is very slow.

------------------
Bono would search for that higher state, improvising lyrics on the microphone, allowing the words, the feeling -- at it's best the ecstasy -- take hold. - AdAm

*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

U2Kitten, that really sucks that your entire page and user information has been wiped out. I just checked my webshots account and they have not deleted my account, at least not yet. I am going to start transferring my stuff over to snapfish tonight.

BOO TO WEBSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

*THROWS ROTTEN TOMATOES AT WEBSHOT DEVELOPERS*

Kitty, if you need me to email some of your pics back to you, just let me know.
smile.gif

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Oh No. I am so sorry U2Kitten. I don't have too many pictures, but mine are still there. Feel free to take any of them. It is under spinninghead77

That's crap I say! Mine are still there for the time. I don't have very many but I know I have some of yours. My account is leahagd01.

------------------
ScottPhisto's Offical Bed and Martini Shaker
If you dream,
Dream out loud

OMG that is terrible. Alot of pics I have I don't download anywhere on Webshots unless they are from a site that this forum doesn't like like Geocities.

I know the WEBSHots got bought out by another company and they were switching things over. Did you get that email about the services and changing accounts etc.

I don't think they would deliberatley delete without telling you - did you get a warning about copyrighted material and to go through your albums?

Totally suckas and I'm sorry for you - I know you loved those pics. I'll send you some of my links for the pics that I love k?

Chin up, you always have me to post pics that make you smile.

smile.gif
((HUGS))

Kitten, SO SORRY about what happened. You already have my 2 cents on the matter.

Sicy is right: WEBSHITS!!!!!!!
mad.gif

I have all my pics on my drive or on CD, but it's just ALL THE WORK, time and effort taken to upload them, caption them, sort them, etc....

*blinks*

Oh good Lord. I just checked my pic count. (shudders) I have approx. 1,860 to 1,900 total on my accounts.
eek.gif
That just makes me feel *very* squinchy inside.
frown.gif

So I'm off to make all of them PRIVATE. Yet more work. I don't know if this will help matters any, but if it will help prevent too many prying eyes...god, I hate doing this. It's not fair to you guys or me, or other U2 fans...

Of course if you'd like to be added to my invite list (so snobby!), email me at either gudagirl@hotmail or goudagirl@yahoo...and be sure to tell me what your Interference name is as well.

BLARGH.
frown.gif
mad.gif

disco

*Sniff* Thanks everybody. Yes, I would recommend making your pages private, even though that will not always help it will cut down on those who snoop. I had over 42,000 hits and over 1000 dowloads on my page, that's a lot, you never know who's watching. I would also say it would be wise to stop advertising your page addy in your sig. I did and I loved showing my pics off but for your own good maybe you should take it out if you have it there. I DO believe someone ratted me out. It was strange the same album kept being deleted, then, when I made them private it was like whoever was ratting on me got sore and turned in my entire name. It's likely someone who has it in for me personally and thinks it's funny, but since so many of you have lost albums and pics it's best to be safe because you never know. I don't think I can trust webshots anymore, doing all that work again for nothing? I will post someone else's pics unless everyone has to make them private in which case I don't blame you. There are other services, but they don't allow all pic forms (no gif, bitmap,etc) but it's better than a 'cool' site like webshots that dumps on you. I was among those joking the other day when the site went down, yeah the must be deleting our stuff, and though I was upset I was not at all surprised or shocked. I expected to ax to drop, every time I logged in I was afraid they'd be gone. I am a very negative person but I am usually on the right track, unfortunately. Good luck everyone, do what you have to do to protect your collections.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I'm so sorry this happened to you, U2Kitten.
frown.gif
Do you still have all your pictures saved, or are they all gone? I had a few I really wanted from there, unfortunately, and by the time I went to get them, your album was already deleted.
frown.gif

Anyway.. it's so disappointing someone could be so angry at you, for whatever reason. *hugs*
smile.gif

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
I'm so sorry this happened to you, U2Kitten.
frown.gif
Do you still have all your pictures saved, or are they all gone? I had a few I really wanted from there, unfortunately, and by the time I went to get them, your album was already deleted.
frown.gif

Anyway.. it's so disappointing someone could be so angry at you, for whatever reason. *hugs*
smile.gif

Thanks mole. Yeah, I have them all saved on my computer but it took me months to get my page built up like that! It will take so much time and trouble to rebuild it, just to have it happen again? SIGH I'm looking into other options, but thanks.
frown.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom