My Babies, one day old!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
One of my three female guinea pigs had babies this morning!!! They are SOOOOO cute and only 3 inches long! They are very curious and talk non-stop. Pics from today, roughly 12 hours old:

pig15.JPG

pig3.JPG

pig2.JPG

pig1.JPG

So the others don't feel left out, this is my Dusty:
pig13.JPG

pig6.JPG

And Dusty with Koala Pig:
pig19.JPG

pig4.JPG

And their cage currently occupied by mom and babies:
pig21.JPG

Their heads look too big for their bodies but they are so cute! They remind me of baby rabbits after like 3 weeks, except they dont have ears. I can twait till spring when i get to bread my bunny fufu! yay! I want a guinea pig now and i want it to have babies! I have hammies though! lol. :hug:

beli said:
Ah how cute. For some reason Im suprised the babies are so hairy so soon. </display of fundamental lack of knowledge>

One of my favorite things about GPs is that they are born completely independent: they have hair, teeth, nails, open eyes, and can eat solid food (though the prefer milk while they learn how/where to eat the solid food). Last night they were walking pretty well already, except their back legs kinda stick out and when they try to scratch, they tip over. They like to keep warm and don't care whether they're sitting under mom or being held, but they second they're out in the open, they start calling for mom. Last night, one felt she wasn't getting enough attention so she took a running leap onto mom's back.

Nope, I'll name them as soon as I am 100% sure of their sex, lol! And when I name them, they always end up being called some variation of "piggy" anyways. The mom I call Fatty Pig but her name is Alissa, Dusty I call PIG (like, I yell "pig!" b/c she's really hyper), and Koala Pig I call Little Pig b/c before the babies, she was the smallest. As of now, I'm keeping the lighter one and the darker one is going to a friend. But if either is male, that one has to go!

Back
Top Bottom