Munich / Muenchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
well, besides the webcam :wink:

f0e97188.jpg

:drool: That smile!
I was in Munich yesterday! And it was great! What a night... And during 'Pride' there were thousands of white balloons! I was really proud that it worked out so well! And we had a lot of fun
Luckily I stood right in front of Edge's b-stage! Edge rocked, Adam was grinning all the time and Bono had a lot of fun! :wink:

"Sometimes..." was great, and "at the start of Sometimes, Bono did what he does without comment every night ­ but this time making a note of it. He takes off his Fly shades, laughing with some of the fans along the way. ‘This next one I must take my glasses off for,’ he explains, perhaps a slightly wistful look in his eye. ‘Because my dad used to say to me , ‘What are you wearing those glasses for? You look stupid in them.’" (U2.com)

Yeah- we had a laugh, but it was also very emotional!

It was my last concert this tour :( (ok, I saw 5, but it is never enough...) and it was a great and special one!

And yes- security was chaos! :mad:
Don't know why the organisation was so bad! I heard, that a
German fanpage wants to write a letter to PM (don't know if I'm right..) but at least lots of fans want to write emails to the concert promoter!

Oh- I forgot to mention Anton! It was funny seeing him on the stage and shooting pictures. I think once he "lost" the Edge, because he couldn't see him standing at the piano :ohmy:
By the way Anton opened a U2 exhibition in Munich yesterday!

Last edited:
Leetah said:
:hug: thanks girls!
I think I will take Kelly's advice and email PM. I also looked on the u2 tour forum and there are a lot of complaints about this..

luckely I did enjoy the show, it was beautiful and Bono really gave everything. The fan-action with the white balloons was also a huge succes!
the rain stopped after a few songs:cool:

I'm glad you still had a good time :hug:. We could see the balloon thing going on with the webcam :lol:. It was fuzzy, but looked cool :up:.

0e9f741f.jpg

It looked better when it was moving.

yeah the security was really really stupid..i got myself a wristband somehow (don't ask me how i just held out my hand and all of a sudden one of those security ppl gave me one).

they started handing them out at around 12. only 600 though, and randomly. loads of people who arrived at around that time got one as well. i was soo angry, we had waited there for more than 7 hours already :mad:

after they stopped handing them out, they just said it doesn't matter if you have one or not, because they will let you in anyway if you're there early (meaning if you're a good runner). they even told us to run :huh:

anyway, i got a wristband, all my friends didn't have one though. when they started letting us in we just ran like hell, down the stairs to the front-of-stage entrance. there were two like always, left and right. so i just ran to the left, i had already lost all my friends anyway. well bad choice, because at the right entrance they didn't let anyone in without a fucking wristband!! people there started complaining because earlier they said they would let everyone else in as well. if i had gone to the right entrance i could have walked in just like that, but i chose the left one.

at the left entrance they were letting everyone in, which caused everyone to go through there of course. all those people behind me were pushing me so hard, i had a huge panic attack and couldn't breath. so i just started screaming for help like mad. it was unbelievable, but finally one of those security guys let me through. i was the only one though, everyone else had to wait, until they said they could go through again. i swear if i had been in there for 2 minutes more i would have fainted. when i was finally inside, i somehow managed to find a friend of mine in the 2nd row right in front of the front-stage. then a few minutes later my other friends appeared there as well. i started crying like mad when i was finally able to sit down there, took quite some time till i calmed down a bit.

anyway, the show was great though. anton corbjin was there as you can see on the photos. he was there through the whole show making photos all the time. during the whole balloon thing he was really suprised, the look on his face was really great :D then he took a couple of photos of me and my friends with our white heart-ballons, and gave us thumbs up afterwards :D

hope we'll get to see those photos at some point.

i made lots of photos as well, especially when bono went down the front stage at cobl, when he was right in front of us :)

@bona vox: hey there, was nice to meet you again in munich :wave:

@leetah: finally got to see you as well :wink:

Bona Vox said:

:drool: That smile!
I was in Munich yesterday! And it was great! What a night... And during 'Pride' there were thousands of white ballons! I was really proud that it worked out so well! And we had a lot of fun
Luckily I stood right in front of Edge's b-stage! Edge rocked, Adam was grinning all the time and Bono had a lot of fun! :wink:

"Sometimes..." was great, and "at the start of Sometimes, Bono did what he does without comment every night ­ but this time making a note of it. He takes off his Fly shades, laughing with some of the fans along the way. ‘This next one I must take my glasses off for,’ he explains, perhaps a slightly wistful look in his eye. ‘Because my dad used to say to me , ‘What are you wearing those glasses for? You look stupid in them.’" (U2.com)

Yeah- we had a laugh, but it was also very emotional!

It was my last concert this tour :( (ok, I saw 5, but it is never enough...) and it was a great and special one!

And yes- security was chaos! :mad:
Don't know why the organisation was so bad! I heard, that a
German fanpage wants to write a letter to PM (don't know if I'm right..) but at least lots of fans want to write emails to the concert promoter!

Oh- I forgot to mention Anton! It was funny seeing him on the stage and shooting pictures. I think once he "lost" the Edge, because he couldn't see him standing at the piano :ohmy:
By the way Anton opened a U2 exhibition in Munich yesterday!

u2com mentions that the balloons appeared during Ms Sarajevo, not Pride.
They've got their wires crossed again, I reckon?

It was planned to do the 'balloon action' during 'Pride', but some fans did it too early! But I'd say that most people waved with their balloons during pride...

Hey anjarw!!! :wave:

anjarw said:
yeah the security was really really stupid..i got myself a wristband somehow (don't ask me how i just held out my hand and all of a sudden one of those security ppl gave me one).

they started handing them out at around 12. only 600 though, and randomly. loads of people who arrived at around that time got one as well. i was soo angry, we had waited there for more than 7 hours already :mad:

after they stopped handing them out, they just said it doesn't matter if you have one or not, because they will let you in anyway if you're there early (meaning if you're a good runner). they even told us to run :huh:

anyway, i got a wristband, all my friends didn't have one though. when they started letting us in we just ran like hell, down the stairs to the front-of-stage entrance. there were two like always, left and right. so i just ran to the left, i had already lost all my friends anyway. well bad choice, because at the right entrance they didn't let anyone in without a fucking wristband!! people there started complaining because earlier they said they would let everyone else in as well. if i had gone to the right entrance i could have walked in just like that, but i chose the left one.

at the left entrance they were letting everyone in, which caused everyone to go through there of course. all those people behind me were pushing me so hard, i had a huge panic attack and couldn't breath. so i just started screaming for help like mad. it was unbelievable, but finally one of those security guys let me through. i was the only one though, everyone else had to wait, until they said they could go through again. i swear if i had been in there for 2 minutes more i would have fainted. when i was finally inside, i somehow managed to find a friend of mine in the 2nd row right in front of the front-stage. then a few minutes later my other friends appeared there as well. i started crying like mad when i was finally able to sit down there, took quite some time till i calmed down a bit.

:yikes:

Don't these :censored: security companies know how dangerous that is? I'm glad you're okay :hug:. People could have been seriously hurt, or worse. By hiring idiots like that (guy who told people to run) or not training them properly, they're opening themselves up to lawsuits.

kelly, great pics--thanks for sharing!

anjwar, getting onto the pitch sounds like a nightmare in Munich, and I'm glad you are ok. In Glasgow there were stairs going up into the venue and then steep stairs going down, and everybody ran as fast as they could--people were falling left and right, and it was so dangerous. But Cardiff wins the bad-security prize. They let everyone onto the pitch (after people ran down steep stairs that were not lit!) then closed the gate leading into the inner circle, so people were shoving and pushing and we could not move at all. It was the most dangerous crowd situtation I've ever seen at a U2 show.

Anyway, I've loved hearing your concert stories and hope you show up in some Corbijn photos!

:hug: Leetah & anjarw, I'm sorry hear about your chaotic time
Thanks everyone for these great pictures :bow:

Thanks everyone for the great pictures! :bow:
And girls, I’m so sorry to hear about the security mess.
I’m leaving to Barcelona tomorrow and I hope to be back on the 12th with some pictures (from Madrid too) – If I manage to get a wristband or to get in the ellipse. [The thing about running to get in the ellipse is really scaring me. :|]

Leetah said:

yeah, thanks to the guy standing next to me, I met him and his friend outside and they helt a spot for me and did everything in their power to get me there..they were real sweethearts, thanks to them I had a great time at the show!!:heart:

Aww thats so nice :heart: what gentlemen :up:

Leetah said:
:wave: just got home...went to the show yesterday..
it rocked!!!
unfortunately, the security was a mess...they were giving out wristbands for the 'ellips' completely random ( well..maybe not completely random...the security guy who ruined it for everybody may had a thing for begging blondes:| )I was one of the people who were there first, and I didn't get a wristband, my friends didn't get any either.
I'm still a bit upset with all this, it was so unfair...:sad:

They shouldn't have men giving out the bands. It's obvious that they'll pick women who they find attractive. (A power thing - look at me, I can give you a band..ain't I great). Blech..:barf: :barf: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom