Mrs Edge!...LOL!!!!!...................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Ouch ouch Owwwwww!

Mrs Edge! LOL! *is in fits of laughter*??I was at my very first bellydance class last night and all I can say is ?Jaysus Jaysus, its tough!? ???.
biggrin.gif
Oh dear, I need u to tell me (apparently its all ?Eastern? dance), on your first night did she make u all move hips only forwards, backwards, and sides? And the figure 8 shape? And the ?BANG? out to the sides? And the shimmy? All four are difficult, aren?t they, well you are a dancer so it may be easier, but I found it a tad difficult????????however I should stick to it as a challenge????..
biggrin.gif
What makes it difficult is having a ?boyish figure? in other words very little hips, so movement wise there isn?t a little more to make it seen, ya know? And Im NOT meanin that in a ?hah hah? funny way????.the shimmy is difficult????and I thought it would have been fine???.
frown.gif
bet in the end I wont be able to make it??.or be cut out for it??..LOL!!!!!!!!!

Ah well!

How are yours going?

Oh and EXCITING NEWS Mrs E!
Yes!!! On 7th Feb mum and I are heading to Opera House here to see?????.*drumroll* ?????????..?SWAN LAKE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAY! We booked last year but I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We even have first balcony front row so that will be class!!! My very first ballet, dweam come twue?..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to share with ya Mrs Edge!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Oh, Maddie! That's so exciting, thank you so much for telling me!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

First, the belly dancing. I wish *I* had a boyish figure! I have the opposite problem, I have very wide hips. I took jazz for many years, and there they teach you isolations, like your shoulders, ribs, hips etc., so I was kind of used to the side banging, shimmying etc. Although the shimmying is definitely hardest for me, bc I shimmer my whole body uncontrollably! LOL! And then my fat shimmies all on it's own afterwards!
eek.gif

I only took the one class because it's very far away, and I've had too much else on the go, but I am seriously thinking of going back, because they let you perform!

Don't worry, I know you will be sore for a bit, but it's so natural a way of moving (way more so than ballet, which I still do) that soon you will be awesome at it!
smile.gif

And you're going to Swan Lake? That's AWESOME! Is this the London Royal Ballet Opera House, or are you going in Ireland? If they have a ballet company in Ireland, I should be working there!!! Anyway, Swan Lake is a gorgeous, gorgeous ballet and you will love it. The music will make you cry. It's the WOWY and One of Ballet musics. I am going to Romeo and Juliet on Feb 8, and to a mixed program with Sweetest Thing and drumkeeran on Feb 21, so this is really a ballet month! You must write and tell me what you thought of it!

((((Maddie))))

LOL Bellydancing is fun
biggrin.gif
I like it...I've been taking dancing classes since I was 4 years old...Ballet, Mexican dancing until I was 16...so I was pretty eh I guess loose...but I thought it was a little tough in the begining but you get the hang of it...Stick to it maddie...lmao then we'll go belly dance infront of Larry's house when I go to Rub a Dub lmao
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

*Carries picture of Larry in her wallet* (Sad but true)

clarityat3am: Buy our booooos Discobooooos!
MG: Edge can really get his groove on. Look at him go!

..but Mrs Edge, you are very beautiful!!!!
biggrin.gif

LOL, there were like 40 women there..........some 20 some 50.....
smile.gif

personally I think it interests women cause its a very sexual dance but alas!!! (who knows
wink.gif
)

Mrs Edge might it be alright, if ur interested, I can email u my teachers website, if u have speakers u can hear the music she uses to compare!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

u can let me know!!!

Oh and its the famous Grand Opera House here in Belfast for the ballet!!!!!!!!

HOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!

Thank you for the compliment, and I'd love you to email me her site. My email is cunning@interlog.com.
smile.gif

You're right, the other good thing about belly dancing is the wide range of ages, body types etc. It's quite unique to the dance world I think!

The Opera House in Belfast? Is it a local or a touring ballet company? Wow, that is so great!
smile.gif

emailing it to u now Mrs Edge!!!!

biggrin.gif

erm.....let me checky the Grand Opera book tonight, its bound to hav details on which production group it is!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
hopefully mam still has the book!!!

Thanks!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((MRS EDGE)))))))))))))))))))

My sis in law gave me a bellydancing tape. I have no idea why...i'm an adam girl....and i haven't tried it yet, but I will try it soon after reading this thread!!

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
*cough*bullshit*cough*

tongue.gif
wink.gif

Haha, Carrie! I was thinking the same thing as you! I've seen pictures of you Jess--you have a lovely figure! I in the otherhand could use some work, lol. I was going to order a Bellydancing video...now I've got money since I finally got my refund check from school so I'm going to order it. I know a class would be better, but I would probably be too self-conscious cos I'm such a klutz! But I want to try it out!

smile.gif

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

**grunt** groan **

drumkeeran after 50 minutes of power walking to get in shape for meeting Sweetest Thing and Mrs. Edge for ballet in less than a month.

** must get rid of extra pounds from three kids, ice cream at night ** 1000 more Britney situps per day ** should be able to life snake overhead soon!!!

maybe I'll learn some belly dancing from Mrs. Edge???

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

I can show you some bellydancing drumkeeran, but we are going to be much too busy to do a lot of dancing! LOL!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I am banned from ballet dancing for now, while my hip injury is in treatment. Yet another easy excuse for me to stuff my face and lounge around....

LadyLemon and Carrie, you are very, very sweet, but as I told Naya yesterday, once you've been comparing yourself in a mirror to other ballet dancers who look like mad1 (or those with boyish figures), "normal" womanly hips become "very wide" womanly hips! Sweetest Thing would be the first to agree with me on that.

Back
Top Bottom