Mr The Edge in Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ballykissangel

The Fly
Well, this is my first attempt at posting pictures, so hope it works. These are from the Nov. 2001 Pepsi Center, Denver Elevation show. We were waiting outside the back entrance with about 15 other folks. The limos drove in, we yelled and screamed and shortly there after, Mr The Edge came over to talk to us. He was soooooooooooooo sweet, soft-spoken and surpisingly short!! He told us all that we needed to go sit in our cars or something because it was very cold and wet....it was rain/snowing. He went along the line of us at the barricade and spoke to each person. I must say, he has the kindest green eyes! We waited around to see if the other guys would come out, but we got too wet and cold and left. Was any one else at that show, or were you waiting outside there as well? Did anyone else come out...not sure if I really want to know....
Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• twoedge.jpg
    twoedge.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 148
Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I wasn't at that show, but I did meet him at two different west coast shows and I agree with everything you have said.

He is very soft spoken and very sweet. One thing that I noticed was that he took the time to connect with each and every fan that was out there waiting for him!!! I noticed that he took his time and didn't rush. He really seemed to enjoy his time with the waiting fans.

I noticed that he had a method. Before he took an item to be signed he would make eye contact owner. Then, he would slowly signed each item. While he would sign, he listened to what that fan had to say. Most of the fans, like myself, were speechless and just stood there in awe. (However, the second time I met him, I was able to get a few sentences out and he listened to every word I said and thanked me !!) He would smiled a lot and would nod his head a lot, but he really didn't say a lot to the fans. When he returned the item or items he would make eye contact with that person again.

The little things add up. Not many superstars treat the fans the way he does. U2 fans are extremely lucky.

Oh, and those eyes............sigh................

well...I think I've mentioned meeting Mr The Edge in other posts. But I'm not a very prominent PLEBA poster, so maybe you missed it.
The "method" Emerald_Kite mentions was obvious in Denver, as well...he took his time, made lots of eye-contact...and yes, he said "tank you" to me too!!!

Back
Top Bottom