Movies seen recently: The missing....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halo jones

The Fly
Out there where the buses don't run........
I think that Cate Blachett is brilliant and made the movie. Shis is really talented. Still trying to see Veronica Guerin as I hear that she did really well with that too. Worth watching. Only thing was that some kids skipping school were eating chips behind us and we could have shoved that popcorn sound right up their ****.... apart from that it was worth seeing it. Also liked One perfect day which was pretty cool. What have you seen this week? Any recommendations?

I haven't seen The Missing yet, but I absolutely love Cate Blanchett. Veronica Guerin is OK, I thought she was the best thing about it. The latest movie I saw was Hidalgo (no need to go into that again :D) 50 First Dates is a fun, silly movie. I liked Miracle too.

Some I have rented lately- Capturing The Friedmans, Le Divorce (pretty silly and lame movie, but Kate Hudson is so adorable I think I'd watch her in anything, and Naomi Watts is lovely as well), and Denzel's last movie (which was very good but I can't even remember the title right now).

The latest i seen is Secret Window, I loved it, it made me wince! I love those kinds of movies. And Johnny Depp!:drool: :drool: :drool: He is 41, man I love old guys! YAY! Not too old though... lol

I love anything to do with Cate Blanchette (well, Heaven kinda lost me in the last 20 min, but she was great). Veronica Gurein was terrific, very tense and edgy and I loved her taking the lead in a movie like that. Wish she'd gotten more recognition for it. Very inspiring character. The Missing was good, too, a bit long and I'm not all about Westerns, but Cate was amazing and Tommy Lee Jones= :bow: The two of them were great together as an estranged father and daughter.

:)

sd

i haven't seen many movies lately... which is really weird for me... the last movie i saw the theatre was Mystic River, and yes it is really as good as everyone says it is... man it is... oh man, super good. my mom made me watch the comittments with her the other night and it was AWESOME! v. v. good movie.
my wind ensemble and varsity band director is my movie buddy... he recommends movies to me... umm, anyone seen touching the void? he told me i must go see that as soon as possible. my assignment for him for spring break is to go and rent amelie because he thinks i'll like it, he says, but i am under 17 therefore unable to rent it without a parent... that sucks... anyway, any super good movies that i have to go see?? suggestions welcome.. if they're stupid i'll 'yell'

Last edited:
it's really scary but I haven't been here for a very long time due to other life issues.......and the first time back I clicked in and here was a very old post........... best movie this year..........beyond borders............... really hit home...........

I saw Hide and Seek the other day. It was OK...I kinda guessed the "catch" b/c they made it semi-obvious in the beginning, showing that *one* scene from Emily/Dakota's perspective.

My newest favorite still running to date would have to be Cinderella Man. I LOVE Russell Crowe, period. So the man has a temper and thinks the Hollywood scence is full of shit, but feck can he act! Movies are so expensive these days, but this one was worth every penny. It's not only about fighting, the plot reminded me a lot of In America.

cinderella-man-lg-01.jpg

cinderella-man-lg-02.jpg

There are too many remakes out nowadays. Is Hollywood running out of ideas?

I saw Dark Water last night, and although I am a huge fan of Jennifer Connelly, this one was not one of her top career choices. The movie pretty much 'sank'.
She is a good actress though.

No really good movies out lately...I would like to see War of the Worlds, but Tom Cruise has me not wanting to go see him for 2 hours.

halo jones said:
I think that Cate Blachett is brilliant and made the movie. Shis is really talented. Still trying to see Veronica Guerin as I hear that she did really well with that too. Worth watching. Only thing was that some kids skipping school were eating chips behind us and we could have shoved that popcorn sound right up their ****.... apart from that it was worth seeing it. Also liked One perfect day which was pretty cool. What have you seen this week? Any recommendations?

A must see movie! :up:

Back
Top Bottom