Mostly for people from NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
Just curious, but any plebans around that day who happen to catch the infamous ride through NYC when they made their "All because of You" video?

Would like to read some reactions, or if there is a link already about this one, just post it please. THANK YOU!

nope, didn't see it b/c i went to brooklyn early in the morning to line up for the "secret show". however, i did see them drive over the bridge from manhattan to brooklyn... the crowd went nuts when we spotted them! :)

*Ally* said:
nope, didn't see it b/c i went to brooklyn early in the morning to line up for the "secret show". however, i did see them drive over the bridge from manhattan to brooklyn... the crowd went nuts when we spotted them! :)

Same here :drool:

*Ally* said:

Me too! :drool:

Here's a view from my spot

540034115_m.jpg

I guess I can say I've done 1 GA!

Last edited:
thankyou said:
Just curious, but any plebans around that day who happen to catch the infamous ride through NYC when they made their "All because of You" video?

Would like to read some reactions, or if there is a link already about this one, just post it please. THANK YOU!

Like everyone else, I only saw them go over the Manhattan Bridge while waiting for the "secret show" to start. Had to work in the morning so I could get away for the show. Only found out later on that they started their ride just 10 blocks north of my job - had I known I would've left for work early and gone there to send them off before going to work!

:lol:
..........I was following the rumours all weekend.......I beleive
the show was supposed to be originally held in Washington Sq Park {this is right next to NYUniverstiy's main campus} in The Villiage.
But the location got out too early. So it was switched to where it ended up.

I went down sunday night to see this park (that i didn't know about even tho I'd been living in brokklyn for 4 yrs) which everyone was now rumouring about.
I saw big ENtertainment Rental Trucks and tons of electic cables snaking all over...... ans someting was being built.........something was def up!
I called someone over from a knot of workers who were standing in a bunch while others were going back & forth with stufff........
"I'm in the neighborhood........what' going on?"
"there's gonna be a little entertainemnt tomorrow......here."
'oh a little?"
"Yeah, a LIT...tle....be here around 4:30 tomorrow......"
i was jazzed! but hid it "oh........OOOKay.

See there was some rumour also going around about..... i think Bon Jovi being somewhere possibly playing foior feree that mon as well........
so no one was exactly sure...
.....I ran back home to catch the radio's live debut of "Bomb" with a live studio audience who would also be asking the guys questions. Without out a computer at home or an mp3 player etc......i could not listen to all the boots that had been floating around that alot of my friends had ALREADY heard.
I taped the Q&A/interview and the songs. ANd since it was the FIRST time for me to hear them-- I was so thrilled at how great{imho} they were, I then stayed up way too late listening to the songs over & over. :laugh:

Which means I really OVERSLEPT, and had to run to the net cafe at noon to see what was happeneing! I saw the stage set up from the Manhattan Bridge {subway} and later as I came back over the bridge the LONG LINES of fans.

I'd planned of course to TRY to see them in Brooklyn- BUT I didn't fit the "younger fans in front" profile to get the tix-- but i did get in anyway! when they let the gen public in! NAD I did see them cross over the bridge. THAT was SOOOOO funny/Amazingly Exciting!!!!

THAT"S WHEN i found out here at INF---- "U2 riding around in NYC on the back of a truck" !!!!

I tried to find the truck by following ewhat people had said on here on INF already ..... the "closest" I got was after stopping at a netcafe in NYU.....to check the latest "sightings".
I was crossing Washington Sq Park.....knowing i had to get back to brooklyn........but checking to see if they might come across 8th street in The Village and turn down east side and get onto one of the Lower Man bridges.......

SUDDENLY within 3 mins as I crossed the park I STOPPED b/c I heard 3 helicopters gather up....it was TOO EARLY for Traffic reports yet.......they were about 4 avenues over.
I relized IT HAD TO be them.......and I realized I'd never make it over there in time to seem them-- esp if i wanted a to have a chance in a BROOKLYN to see them play.

Well, heh, THANK YOU- thankyou, for letting me relive a frustrating funny mini-u2 adventure............
And NOW to ACTUALLY answer your question......... :hyper:
YES...........there ARE several threads..........that track the...

...whole frustratingly, hysterical "trials & tribulations"of U2fans from the Tri-state here, across the USA, and around the World......either trying to actually:
*FIND the Truck!
*FInd the Webcams that could Find The Truck!
*FIND PICS on the Net of The TRUCK (and the guys :wink:}!!
*PLUS a few stories of fans in Manhattan who ACTUALLY HEARD, or SAW them on The TRUCK...go by!

It really is a really funny set of threads!

You'll have to look in, I think, either EYYKIW or possibly in the Vertigo tour gen discussion sec I think.
it's not too hard tho......
just go back till you hit 11-22-04.........on each of these....
you''ll see as said above.......

":ohmy:U2 is riding around NYC on a Truck!" then parts A, 2, 3 etc!!

I hope you'll enjoy them! I did! :yes: I still look at them from time to time do when i want a great U2 memory with a lot of laffs. :wave:

Last edited:
That's cool, Dazzled :up:

Headache in a Suitcase was there in front of the stage. He said he didn't follow the truck because he was afraid he wouldn't get into the concert so he went there and waited for it. He said it was really cool when the truck came over the bridge, and all the people on the ground waiting cheered.

I used to work with someone whose sister is in the video...she's in a skirt and sweater, skipping down the street. That's my big claim to fame. :)

dazzledbylight said:
:lol:

Well, heh, THANK YOU- thankyou, for letting me relive a frustrating funny mini-u2 adventure............
And NOW to ACTUALLY answer your question......... :hyper:
YES...........there ARE several threads..........that track the...

...whole frustratingly, hysterical "trials & tribulations"of U2fans from the Tri-state here, across the USA, and around the World......either trying to actually:
*FIND the Truck!
*FInd the Webcams that could Find The Truck!
*FIND PICS on the Net of The TRUCK (and the guys :wink:}!!
*PLUS a few stories of fans in Manhattan who ACTUALLY HEARD, or SAW them on The TRUCK...go by!

It really is a really funny set of threads!

You'll have to look in, I think, either EYYKIW or possibly in the Vertigo tour gen discussion sec I think.
it's not too hard tho......
just go back till you hit 11-22-04.........on each of these....
you''ll see as said above.......

":ohmy:U2 is riding around NYC on a Truck!" then parts A, 2, 3 etc!!

I hope you'll enjoy them! I did! :yes: I still look at them from time to time do when i want a great U2 memory with a lot of laffs. :wave:

Awesome story! thanks for the info!!

aww how cute :cute:
damn I wish I would live in america just for that day.... why won't they do something like that here in holland? or in Ireland even...

gee.......

who IS that lovely young woman singing her :heart: out? :shifty:
:D
:wink:

Thank goodness the day was warmish for Nov, but it was really grayish outside most of the day/eve
.....but to us it felt like "technocolor!!!

what a show :D !
such a grrrrrrrrrreat day/eve in NYC that was :love: :love:

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:
aww how cute :cute:
damn I wish I would live in america just for that day.... why won't they do something like that here in holland? or in Ireland even...

They should do something special in Holland. Dutch fans are amazing, and amazing to this band.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

They should do something special in Holland. Dutch fans are amazing, and amazing to this band.

:hmm: would Bono fall for a few thousand autographs to make them play dutchieland again?

and miro... Bono loves you.. I'm sure he personally made that piece of the video air...:wink:

Well if one of the two of us is going to be delusional about Bono loving me, I'd much rather it is you than me! :lol:

You're sweet, but delusional :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom