MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT ENVOLVING U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ana

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ;
The last one I had was at the movie theather.
Me and my friends were waiting for the movie to start (it was A.I.). I was listening to the music played in the background when suddenly "Stuck in a moment..." came in.

I screamed so loudly, everyone looked at me wondering WTF happened. I just smiled feeling so stupid, and forgot about that moment singing along with Bono...

I said to myself:
"It's just a moment, this time will pass"
biggrin.gif

Even tho I felt soooooo embarrased...

------------------
I've got no hope in this world...
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

another one of these threads.....

Well there was the time I was doin my axl rose snake dance at my locker and singing elevation, but with things about larry, and then the principal came by with ppl in suits.

Larry, lit up like a larry

stupid lyrics
smile.gif
SO embarrassing

------------------
~*Mona*~the Shamrock n rolla!
block champ at Nintendo
queen of innuendo

DREAM OUT LOUD

Okay, I got one:

Just before my roommate and I graduated, her mom and sisters came up to Seattle from their hometown in Nevada and stayed with us for a few days prior to the grad ceremony.

During one of these days, I was eating dinner and watching the Popmart video. My roommate and her family were milling about the apartment, not really paying attention to the television. One of the sisters did note, like everyone does at some point, "Wait a minute...you mean U2 does that song? I LOVE that song! And they sing THAT, too? Wow!"

The embarrassing part was when the lads came out of Lemon, and my roommate's mom gets a good look at the incredible tightness of Bono's bubble pants. This woman happened to be going through a divorce at the time, so she was in total "Men are scum and I don't want to ever have to look at their macho posing ever again" mode. She took one look at Bono's pants, and his...well you know, everything he has to offer, and got REALLY upset!
She starts hollering, "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT HIM! HE CERTAINLY DOESN'T LEAVE ANYTHING TO THE IMAGINATION!" And when Bono starts doing all that pelvis-pumping, she starts to totally rail on him! And I'm just sitting here, trying to watch, and she won't shut up! And THEN she starts getting all smug and pissy and saying, "Girls, that ain't nothing but a roll of dimes he's got stashed in there. That's all it is!"

And I'm thinking, "Dimes? Whose crotch are YOU looking at, woman?"

Anyway, so I can't exactly say her mom lost all respect for me, because she never had any in the first place. But I'm telling you now, you haven't lived until you've listened to a 45-year old mother of three yell at Bono's crotch for fifteen minutes.

-Echo

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

omg, Echo, that is so hiliarious!!!!
biggrin.gif

yep, hell hath no fury as a scorned 45 year old mother of 3...but did she HAVE to take it out on poor Bono's willie??
wink.gif

Did you try to soothe her with pics of 'elevated Bono'?? Or Sparky?
smile.gif
That ain't no roll o' dimes, sistah!!! She might have changed her mind if she saw those!

*Disco thinks of foil-wrapped cucumber that stopped Derek Smalls at airport security in 'Spinal Tap'...LOL*

Originally posted by Echo:
Okay, I got one:

"Girls, that ain't nothing but a roll of dimes he's got stashed in there. That's all it is!"

And I'm thinking, "Dimes? Whose crotch are YOU looking at, woman?"

Anyway, so I can't exactly say her mom lost all respect for me, because she never had any in the first place. But I'm telling you now, you haven't lived until you've listened to a 45-year old mother of three yell at Bono's crotch for fifteen minutes.

-Echo

I was away at university when ATYCLB came out. I was living in a dorm room with no cable, so I hadn't seen the video for "Beautiful Day" yet...heck, I hadn't even heard the song!

One day, we were sitting in the dining hall. They have TV's around the area that play videos, but it is so noisy that you usually can't hear the music. I was watching the screen, and I thought, hey, that guy looks like Bono...then I realized that it was!

I spit out my grape juice, stood up, knocked my chair back, and screamed, "HOLY SHIT, IT'S U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Needless to say, everybody turned and stared at me like I was a freak. *lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-23-2001).]

You know I often encounter the "I didn't know that was a U2 song" phenomenon...what is up with that!

I have to admit I said the same thing about 15 times when my fiend Aaron began to school me on all things U2...I remember riding in the car on our way to Memphis and "One" came on the radio, and I was like "Oh, I really like this song, who sings it?" Aaron almost wrecked the car! For the rest of the day we listened to U2 from JT through Pop! That was my first taste of U2! Aaron created a monster!

Another funny story, althouh it wasn't embarassing at the time, was when Aaron and I were at a resturant and we were playing "If" and the question was if you culd have dinner with three people dead or alive who would they be...Well Aaron, said MLK jr., Bono, and Alanis Morisette, I was thinking to myself...self...He is pronouncing Sonny Bono's name wrong, and why in the world would he want to me him?! HAHAHA later I told Aaron, after my proper U2 schooling, and realizinf who Bono was...LOL! I have never lived that down...

Gosh it's hard to believe that two years ago I didn't even know who U2 was! I didn't know I knew any of their songs it was tragic! Now look at me!

U2 is like the greatest cover band in the world! Becasue everyone knows there songs, but didn't know it was theirs! HAHA!
smile.gif

Has anyone else experienced the "I didn't know..." phenomenon?

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

There are so many typos and mispellings in the above post! Sorry girls!

Apparently I need to go to the "Zoolander Center for PLEABan's Who Can't Post Good"

smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

Okay, I have one that happened at the end of one of the U2 shows in Boston in June. I didn't think it would be a big deal but....

It was after the concert and we were crossing the street to get into the parking garage (there was a group of about 20 people). I am generally fairly shy and reserved but when someone drove by with "Elevation" blaring I decided to 'sing' (yell
wink.gif
) along. I figured everyone would since we had just seen like the awesomest show. But no, everyone just turned around and stared at me. I stopped and said, "Anyone?" And no one said anything!!!! What kind of crowd was this?!

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Mine is probably a bit more disturbing then anything, but here goes. I went to see U2 with my teacher and his wife as I mentioned before, well, during "With or Without You" I happened to see out of the corner of my eye that they were doing some things that I did NOT want to see. Meanwhile, my friend and I were screaming some pretty dirty things to Bono at the time, which is something that I didn't WANT him to hear me say. Oh well!

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

This wasn't embarrasing for me - just my friend!
biggrin.gif

We were waiting to meet someone outside Covent Garden tube station and I was reading the signs on the pub up the road. When I read it was owned by a Mr. Mullen I lost control of my senses and ran down the road shouting 'Look look look!'

My friend was looking anywhere else but in my direction!

Just goes to show what a hot tamale can do to me!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ana:
The last one I had was at the movie theather.
Me and my friends were waiting for the movie to start (it was A.I.). I was listening to the music played in the background when suddenly "Stuck in a moment..." came in.

I screamed so loudly, everyone looked at me wondering WTF happened. I just smiled feeling so stupid, and forgot about that moment singing along with Bono...

I said to myself:
"It's just a moment, this time will pass"
biggrin.gif

Even tho I felt soooooo embarrased...

Hey Ana- I know exactly how you feel........ only mine is probably worse.

I went to the movies over the summer, to see Legally Blonde or America's Sweethearts or one of those movies.......

But anyways, they had a preview for that movie "Bandits" and "Beautiful Day" was used in the trailer......

So me & my sis are singing along, and the music begins to fade but I don't realize it......

And then comes the part when Bono yells

Touch me!!!!!!!!

Of course, you know what happens next.......
Yes, I wail out like my favorite frontman,
And everybody looks over at me and I felt like the biggest idiot in the world... of all the lines in that entire song........

Pretty bad, I know........ but I guess I sacrificed my dignity for my favorite band.....

My little experience isn't anything as good as some of yours... but here's two:

I was watching "Tomb Raider" with my teacher buds from school, and you know the whole reason I wanted to see that movie was because I just KNEW that U2's ELEVATION would be in the movie. So, there I sat, waiting... waiting... and the movie went on and on. Suddenly, the tell-tale sound of the Elevation re-mix came on and I went WHOO HOO! really loud in the middle of the packed theatre. I was so excited, I didn't realize that all there was to the scene with Laura paddling in a boat was just that: Laura paddling in a boat. Only a faint sound of the re-mix. I slunk down in my seat in embarrassment. Even so, I got my revenge: I made my teacher buds sit through the credits so that I could sing along to ELEVATION, even though it had been playing in my truck for months.

Second U2 embarrassment: When the same teacher buds from above got a gander at my license plate. Here's the scene:

Mr. Wang: [takes a look at my license plate.]

Moonie: Isn't it cool? Whooo Hooo! See? And I even have a U2 sticker on my back window, and LOOK! Look at my license Plate frame!

Mr. Wang: U2 rokes? What's a Roke?

Moonie: [stops in mid-WHOO-HOO] Wha--? You mean... I can't believe... WTF???? It's U2 ROCKS, ya moron!!!! [by this time, several teachers have gathered around my U2-mobile]

Mr. Abe: U2 rokes? Is that some sort of cheese?

Moonie: Oh, forgettaboutit. [stomps away]

To this day, I'm still teased about my license plate. I tell Mr. Wang that he's just jealous.

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

[This message has been edited by moon_is_playing_tricks (edited 10-23-2001).]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ok is it just me or did anybody laugh at the name Mr. Wang???? lmfao I just can't stop laughing ok ok that's mean

Anyway I had an embarassing moment but my friend joined in too, we were at some movie I don't remember which one and they were playing a U2 song and we both start singing so loud that the whole theatre starts going "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shut up!!!!!" lmao it was funny but we kept on going
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ok is it just me or did anybody laugh at the name Mr. Wang???? lmfao I just can't stop laughing ok ok that's mean

Yes, I agree with you... if only he saw our humor.
smile.gif
He and I are friends - we tease each other about our last names - I call him Mr. Wong.
wink.gif

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting
(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Back
Top Bottom