more on Bono editing in 'The Independent'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not_Worthy_Edge said:
and later i will retell the tale of the face of the sales assistant in the newsagent and postoffice when i went in and brought 11 copies of said newspaper and to send 10 copies via post

Thank you so much for doing this!! I greatly appreciate your using your valuable time to help out your fellow fans!

I asked my Mum to buy it for me today, and when I got back from school, I asked her if she'd got it and she said to me;
"Oh no, sorry, I've been busy today - I'll get it tomorrow if you want"

My face must've been like :shocked: - Then she laughed at me, and told me she'd bought it.

My family know and understand my love for everything Bono and U2 related :wink:

Man, this would be so awesome to have! I'm going to try and order it online. :drool:

Hmm... on second thought, it's going to cost around $20 from that website. :yikes: Maybe I'll just wait and hope that we'll get copies here eventually.

Last edited:
Hi

Long Time Lurker, and first time poster.

As Pleba has done so much for me, posting droolable :drool: :drool: :drool: pics of HRH :bow: Bono Sexbomb, I have 2 spare copies I am willing to send out FREE!

I figured I have got so so much from PLEBA, I can give a little back :heart:

Anji

Anji said:
Hi

As Pleba has done so much for me, posting droolable :drool: :drool: :drool: pics of HRH :bow: Bono Sexbomb, I have 2 spare copies I am willing to send out FREE!

Anji

I have mine, but very sweet of you!

Welcome, Anji! :) Not_Worthy_Edge hooked me up :bow: but I'm sure you'll have some takers! :wink: It's very kind of you!

Anji said:
Hi

Anji

I'll take you up on the offer :). Are you willing to mail it to the USA?

just read the article about Bono being editor of the Independent...ending paragraph says.. to press, to the airport and on a plane to Africa...I could just cry for the beauty of this man's giving..and his family who I'm sure miss him when he's away. Very touching. you'd think his heart would burst with the love he has for mankind.

Last edited:
633aa34b.jpg

I gots my Independent!! I went to Asda before school, but it wasn't there! *shock horror* I announced rather loudly next to a shop assistant lady that I would not shop here again if they didn't have it! But we all know that's a lie. So on the way to school, I called my mum and she picked it up from Tescos (much better place).

kellyahern said:

Poor Neil McCormick.

First, Bono steals his rock & roll career, now he's invading his publishing world.

Bono wasn't kidding when he told Neil he was gonna have to kill him if he wanted his life back.

:wink:

I want to order one but it says "UK Delivery Only". What's the point of selling back issues if they're only delivered within the region where the paper is widely available anyway?

If anyone wants to order an extra, I can PayPal money for the cost and the shipping.

I think earlier in this thread someone said if you call the phone number on the order page you can arrange shipping to the US and still order the paper from there.

Back
Top Bottom