More from U2 By U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
These offerings will get tedious in no time, but for now, here's yet another story:

Bono (then about 18) was pissed off with Paul. He was not doing enough for the band. Why were there no gigs? Why was there no van? And on and on.....

So, Bono decided to go to London on his own, to scare up some business. (You've all heard this story before.)

Here are his remarks:

"I went to London with Ali. It was a big deal in my own mind because I was taking this beautiful girl on a trip, and I was supposed to be in charge but I didn't know what I was doing or where I was staying. I'd never been to London before. We were not married but we were going to sleep in the same room with the agreement that we wouldn't sleep in the same bed. Her old man had looked me in the eye and, you know, I'm going away for a week with his daughter!?
So I had to keep the promise, which was very, very hard."

biff said:
These offerings will get tedious in no time, but for now, here's yet another story:

Bono (then about 18) was pissed off with Paul. He was not doing enough for the band. Why were there no gigs? Why was there no van? And on and on.....

So, Bono decided to go to London on his own, to scare up some business. (You've all heard this story before.)

Here are his remarks:

"I went to London with Ali. It was a big deal in my own mind because I was taking this beautiful girl on a trip, and I was supposed to be in charge but I didn't know what I was doing or where I was staying. I'd never been to London before. We were not married but we were going to sleep in the same room with the agreement that we wouldn't sleep in the same bed. Her old man had looked me in the eye and, you know, I'm going away for a week with his daughter!?

:lol: I JUST read that tonight, and was going to post the story here. You beat me to it.

biff said:

Here are his remarks:

What a great story!! I am so going to LOVE that book!!!:love::up:

Oh no, the whole book will be "leaked" here before I can get my hands on it .... gets me even more excited to have this piece. It's going to be a great fall with all these pictures and stories.

:hyper: More, more!

I've got to say this is one weird lay-down for a book...some people have them already, some have to wait til October. :confused:

haha, funny! Thanks, biff.

That story reminds me of the last trip I took, which was with my fiancee and parents, who were tired and insisted on stopping. The hotel room had two beds so I said "I'll sleep on the floor then" b/c I didn't want to freak out my parents, and my dad looks and me and my fiancee and goes, "there's two double beds, no one has to sleep on the floor." :shrug: :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
haha, funny! Thanks, biff.

That story reminds me of the last trip I took, which was with my fiancee and parents, who were tired and insisted on stopping. The hotel room had two beds so I said "I'll sleep on the floor then" b/c I didn't want to freak out my parents, and my dad looks and me and my fiancee and goes, "there's two double beds, no one has to sleep on the floor." :shrug: :lol:

:lol: The voice of reason!

Say Lies, when's the wedding, by the way? (Or did I miss hearing about it? I was away for a few weeks.)

Thanks, Biff. I pre-ordered from amazon.com last night (it's just too easy!) and can't wait to get it! I think it will be well worth the price, just for the pictures. :wink:

biff said:

:lol: The voice of reason!

Say Lies, when's the wedding, by the way? (Or did I miss hearing about it? I was away for a few weeks.)

I love my dad!

It's Sept. 23 :huh: Right now I can't even think about it, since my last day of my job of four years (that seems like a long time for someone who's only 21) was Friday and I'm now unemployed. And I had a wisdom tooth pulled Friday afternoon. I had no anaesthesia, it was quite an experience, and the dentist called my mom to check on me and told her it was the most impacted, sideways tooth he's removed in 35 years. So yeah, not really concerned for the wedding at the moment...Welcome back!

No anaesthesia? Yipes!

September 23rd will be here in no time! You'll be married at 21, jobless and toothless. LOL!:wink:

Wow, I cannot wait for this book! Unfortunately, I might end up waiting until Christmas if I want the deluxe edition. Patience, patience!

Rachel D. said:
Wow, I cannot wait for this book! Unfortunately, I might end up waiting until Christmas if I want the deluxe edition. Patience, patience!

Yeh, I'm getting the deluxe edition too, but I want it soooooo badly after reading these little snippets!! :hyper:
It's gonna be so awesome :love:

how come some people have the book already?:(
does anyone know what's the difference in the delux edition cause i was wondering which one to get

That is an amazing story. An 18 year old guy able to resist temptation in a hotel room w/his beautiful girlfriend for a week. That did take God's strength!

"What no man can own, No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

what's the difference between the normal and special edition?

:lol: armpits... uh.. I wonder how Bono concluded that..... I can so imagine him going around every woman, 'mind if I take a look at yer armpit? :flirt:'

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Just ordered my copy!! Normal not deluxe...couldn't affort or justify the $NZ229 for the delux which according to the NZ stuff has a different pic on the cover and a gig poster......yup I'll just pay $NZ69.99 for the standard hardback with no poster.....

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :hyper: :dancing: :applaud: :bonodrum:

Whitcoulls.....searched everywhere....there were ones that price online in $US but not $NZ.....where did you order from?

Back
Top Bottom