More camera advice needed! (yeah, yeah)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I looked over MissVelvetDress' thread about cameras at the shows. And now I have a question before heading down to Dallas.

My camera is small, but it has a zoom lens. I'm not talking anything professional like the paparazzi, but the lens can move in and out. The name of the camera is Canon Sure Shot 80 Tele. It also has the letters SAF on it. Because it is an amateur camera, will it still be okay?

The lens stays in while it's turned off. Maybe they won't notice. It really looks just like your normal, black-colored, amateur camera.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

I personally haven't tried anything bigger than a disposable camera, but I saw a girl at Denver get into the heart with a bigger camera than, say, a disposable with a zoom. However, it is probably different for each venue, so you should probably e-mail/call the venue.
smile.gif

------------------
love, lift me up out of these blues, tell me something true, i believe in you..

( I'm a [blank] Girl - a U2 group

Heartland Girl - I have a regular sized Pentax camera with a zoom lens and automatic flash. This is what I used for the Vegas show and nearly all my shots turned out great and were surprisingly clear.

You should have no problem with security, I had my camera hanging around my neck when I went in and no-one even looked at it.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hey! I have a digital camera with a Zoom, and have taken it to 4 shows with no problems.

good luck!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Thanks for the reassurement ladies! As Crzy knows, I took my camera to the Atlanta show, but they wouldn't let me go back to my car to get it. I'm happy to know that my camera should be okay.

And now...I'm walking out the door to drive down to Dallas and get elevated! See you when I get back!!!!
biggrin.gif

Yknow its really hard.. because in Oakland they said no cameras at all, and they were taking cameras away. I had mine in my pants.

In Vegas cameras with small zoom and digital cameras were ok.

So it depends on the venue. Just watch the line as you go in and see what happens. Otherwise to be safe just shove it down your pants.

Back
Top Bottom