Moochie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it before or after you stuck Moochie with it? It really shouldn't make to much of a difference either way actually - if this was before you put it under her skin, it would have been sterile and all you did was give yourself a cut. If it was after you had given her fluids, there is a chance you might have brought something that was on her skin into your finger, but it shouldn't be a problem if you washed your finger out good right afterwards. With cats, the bad bugs for people are in the cat's mouths, that's why alot of people react so badly to cat bites.

I'd just keep an eye on your finger, if it gets really sore or starts to get red or swell, have it checked out - but I think you'll be ok.

bonosloveslave said:
Was it before or after you stuck Moochie with it? It really shouldn't make to much of a difference either way actually - if this was before you put it under her skin, it would have been sterile and all you did was give yourself a cut. If it was after you had given her fluids, there is a chance you might have brought something that was on her skin into your finger, but it shouldn't be a problem if you washed your finger out good right afterwards. With cats, the bad bugs for people are in the cat's mouths, that's why alot of people react so badly to cat bites.

I'd just keep an eye on your finger, if it gets really sore or starts to get red or swell, have it checked out - but I think you'll be ok.

:uhoh: It was a used needle... it had already been in moochie's skin earlier that day.

So far, it just looks like a cut that's healing... I'll think it'll be ok, but I just wanted to ask anyway. :reject:

^ Well, its a silly name. My dad gave her to me when she was like 6-7 months old. My dad got her from a friend of his so we kept the name that she came with.

Ok, her name is Qusita, the Qu sounds like Cu, the si sounds like the word See, and ta justs sounds like ta. So thats my kitty's name. I usually call her Gorda.

My friend who I used to live with has got a cat. He's black and called Merlin, but for some reason we call him The Beast. But he's anything but a beast. He's an odd one - we can't have a cat flap because he's no good at defending his territory, so once a cat came in through the flap and crapped in his food bowl...:madspit:

He also once managed to jump out of the attic window. When he landed he just stood in the same position for about 10 minutes looking all confused.

Another time he pissed on an electric socket. We were wondering why the lights had gone out, when we saw Merlin come running out of one of the bedrooms looking all shocked his hair all standing on end..........:crazy:

He was taken away from his mum too soon when he was a kitten, so he has a lot of issues. If he sits on your knee he'll suck at your clothes like it's a nipple. He also was impossible to toilet train - the vet basically said he was going to need a litter tray for life. He's still got one now and he's 11.

The Beast :love:

She's doing ok... she had an appetite when I went home during lunch to check on her, so that's good news! :happy: I just hope it continues!

Also, just a note: A fellow PLEBAn is coming into town tomorrow and we'll be going to the Rock Hall this weekend :hyper: so I most likely won't be around to provide any updates on Moochie, but will be back in touch early next week. :)

Thanks for asking about Moochie! :hug:

Aww... is your mom going to come take care of her?

Is she eating the right food now? Glad she's doing ok :heart:

Sicy said:
Aww... is your mom going to come take care of her?

Is she eating the right food now? Glad she's doing ok :heart:

No, I'm only going for the day, so I'll be able to feed her and give her the injections in the morning before I go and in the evening when I return.

She's still not eating the kidney food on her own... I have been giving it to her though when I syringe feed her. I wanna make sure her appetite is back and stronger before I start mixing the kidney food in... Mooch has been pretty fussy about what "normal" food she'll eat... sometimes I have to open up several different cans until she'll take an interest in something. Usually she's not like that, usually she'll eat whatever you put in front of her! :lol: But she ate decently on her own during lunch today, so I'm hoping that trend will continue and that I'll be able to start weaning her from the regular food soon. :)

Just a Moochie update... I don't think she's doing well. :( She's not eating very much on her own anymore... the only food she's getting is what I'm syringe-feeding her. I'm taking her to a different vet tomorrow, so I'm hoping to find out more...I'm hoping this vet will be more informative on her condition. But if she's not eating on her own, I don't know how much longer I'm gonna keep her around, that's no way to live imo. :sigh:

I hope this new place is closer to home for you. Don't be afraid to ask the vet what he/she would do if they were in your position - it's still your final choice, but it may better help you to decide to keep going or not. :hug:

Oh no :sad: Good luck.. I am sending all the positive vibes I have for moochie.

I saw a falling star the other night and I wished that Moochie would get better :(

My Sweet Moochie Baby, 1992-2003

moochsun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom