Monday, Monday, blech....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok, as it's Monday very soon, :yikes: :angry: how about posting any 'funny' quotes, sayings, pix of the guys to cheer us up. Any funny stories, mishaps, bloopers whatever..The sillier the better..

geez, I so hate Mondays..:grumpy: :madspit:

Bono, on his first trip to America (from U2 by U2):

I just couldn't get enough of New York. I didn't want to actually go into the hotel because I'd stop seeing it. My black, fake-fur coat, was turning white with snow as a gentleman pulled up beside me in a car and offered to have sex with me. I ran back into the hotel and told everyone what had happened. They looked at me as if to say, 'What do you expect? You're in a fucking fur coat, you pansy!'

Nice visual, ain't it :wink:

From the new Q Magazine:

LAST NIGHT ON EARTH: U2 play Oasis at their own game. Steaming rocker with powerful Beatle-y chorus. The last track to be finished, with vocals recorded at 7 a.m. on the day of the album cut.

Bono: "It felt like the last night on earth, all right."

This always makes me smile (if it works:whistle: )

deathglarewi8.gif

Yes it did :D

youvedonewhat said:
Ok, as it's Monday very soon, :yikes: :angry: how about posting any 'funny' quotes, sayings, pix of the guys to cheer us up. Any funny stories, mishaps, bloopers whatever..The sillier the better..

geez, I so hate Mondays..:grumpy: :madspit:

Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats: "I Don't Like Mondays"--wish I had pictures!

U2ChineseFiredrill.jpg

Last edited:
On coming up with a name for John Abraham:

"I just want to kind of get a grip on the baby and pick up on what he is. What I'm getting is that he's like a bank robber."

--Bono

( Mondays: :scream: )

I've always loved the quote that goes something like:

"We belong to the Frisbeetarian order. We believe when we die, our souls get trapped up on a roof and no one can get them down."

mick jagger on Bono

"hes a poet, a philosipher, and last night, i think i saw him walking on water"

corianderstem said:

"We belong to the Frisbeetarian order. We believe when we die, our souls get trapped up on a roof and no one can get them down."
:lmao:

I'd never heard that one before. When/where is it from, do you know?

I remember reading it in that old 80s British music magazine, Smash Hits. They would always have some random quotes in there, and that's where I remember seeing it.

I used to wonder if I hadn't really read it and had completely made it up by accident, but I swear I saw someone else make reference to it on this board within the past year or so.

corianderstem said:
I remember reading it in that old 80s British music magazine, Smash Hits. They would always have some random quotes in there, and that's where I remember seeing it.

I used to wonder if I hadn't really read it and had completely made it up by accident, but I swear I saw someone else make reference to it on this board within the past year or so.
A quick google found a source:

http://www.u2intotheheart.bravepages.com/articles/hotpressrockin.html

The quote is a little bit more than halfway through the article.

last unicorn said:

:lmao: OMG, what is THAT?

If my memory serves right, t's a gif from the bit the 'Making of Electrical Storm' mini documentary that can be found on the Best of dvd.

But yeah, mondays, not always a great fan of them myself, but this monday wasn't too bad, don't have to start school until 13:00 and was able to catch the bus, that goes to Kuopio where my college (and student apartment) is, from right outside our house. :D Usually, I have to travel 10 kms or more to the nearest bus stop. :sigh: Yep my parents house is right out in the back of beyond!! :lol:

This photo always makes me smile....

bonooutsidestudio.jpg

....day after the night before!! :lol:

Last edited:
Two more before I'm off to bed.

BonoDriveThrough.jpg

This one makes me smile, I just love the expressions on their faces.

bwu2berlin.jpg

If anyone has this in a bigger size I'd love it!

corianderstem said:

Haha, I love that one too! I had a different version of it as my sig, years ago... I got it from that book, A Race of Angels, I think. Been ages since I read it.

My favourite goofy pic...
tokyo.jpg

what is it with people and hate mondays? I hate them too... :whistle: for several reasons...

these make me lol pretty badly

bonomacarenaxi6.gif

bonoqueerdancevy5.gif

:sexywink: and this should cheer you up YDW!
bonohairjj2.gif

Back
Top Bottom