mom? how COULD you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
this is a random u2-ish dream. i want you all to tell me what you think it means...

me and some friends were out practical joking some buildings. just stoopid stuff. i went back home and was looking through the pictures of what we did. u2 was in all of them and i thought "i didn't remember them being there...huh..." i was drawing stars on the pics to tell someone i wanted doubles...or something. anyway...my mom comes in and puts a sheet of paper in front of me. it has a list of options, and my mom checked off one of them. it said something about "for the good of the community." i looked more closely and it was a sheet from a mental hospital. my mom just stood above me knowingly, waiting for me to sign the waiver. she just kept looking at me seriously...MY MOTHER WANTED TO COMMIT ME!!! my jaw dropped, and then i woke up.

is it normal for me to dream that my own mother wanted to commit me? when i got up i kept thinking "would she REALLY do that?" and i feel all weird now. tell me what you think it means!

------------------
Official Town Crier of Willyville

Laura: Dad, don't forget that you'll have to take mom home.
Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

"Here we are in our 40 ft. lemon. F*@k off!" - Bono

HA
HAHAHA that's funny... sorry Laura
wink.gif

I don't think your mom would commit you, although I'm sure mine thinks I ought to be...

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
it has a list of options, and my mom checked off one of them. it said something about "for the good of the community." i looked more closely and it was a sheet from a mental hospital.

eek.gif
Wow. Well... I'm dealing with constant mental state jokes... YOU TOO?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

All parents questions their children's snity from time to time.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Think nothing of it - it is your own guilt taking root.

I'm sure your mother has teased you from time to time about your U2 obsession. Perhaps you (you and your mother or you and your friends) even joked about "being mental."

However, at some level you do recognize your obsession and your subconcious is just bringing it forward in this rather amusing dream.

If anything, I think this is a very HEALTHY dream. It's showing that you can keep things balanced. Your subconcious mind can recognize obsession and this will prevent you from becoming some "stalker."

So relax - and stop looking at your mom funny, or she really will have you committed!
biggrin.gif

I think my parents have wanted to commit me on several occasions.

Like this morning, when I informed them that my outfit for the day was an Extra-Special Bono Birthday Edition outfit. Yep, I think they wanted to commit me then.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Happy Birthday, Bono!

Love,
Emily

heh heh
me =
vogel.gif

no more dreams to report as of yet
biggrin.gif

------------------

Dad: Well, Laura...y'know your mother...she's all that you can't leave behind...

*sings loudly*
"AND I KNOW IT ACHES, AND YOUR CAR IT BREAKS, YOU CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...DRIVE ON"

LOL!
I had a weird U2 dream once. I was on a plane with them, my brother, and a friend. We were all talking and laughing when all of the sudden the plane started to crash. There were enough parachutes for all of us, so we put them on. People started jumping out of the plane. I'm scared of heights and didn't want to jump. Bono told me I had to or I would die. I said I can't I'm scared. So he pushed me out and then I woke up! Very stange.
smile.gif

------------------
We're here for a good time not a long time.
--Bill Huber

*Calls Laura's mother to tell her Plan A won't work...* *looks around* *smiles innocently*
biggrin.gif

*shares U2-related dream*

So, in said dream, Laura (Stories) and I are in Dublin with my parents, and we all decide to go for a walk together. We are just kinda wandering around, and we end up across the street from the studio. All four guys are standing outside, so Laura and I wave, they wave back, and we (and my parents) go over to talk to them. We are making small talk or whatever when my dad the ever-genius busts in and says...*drumroll please*...
"So, this is the infamous Bone-o."
TO Bono!
Needless to say, I turn about
icon38.gif
<~this color red and then wake up.
Then I started laughing because, sadly enough, that is something my dad would actually do.
[/sharing]

------------------
"Well, it could have been an artichoke, but we wanted a more practical fruit." -Larry

AIM: LightMyWay02

*giggle*

must be a laura thing...

now whenever i see me mum, i look at her all funny, and she doesn't know why. o well, i don't put too much stock in dream interpreting...yet...
wink.gif

------------------

*sings loudly*

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
MY MOTHER WANTED TO COMMIT ME!!!

check it, we were driving by a mental hospital today and my mom turns to me and says "We're going to have to put you in there pretty soon!"
I thought of you.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"I have to concentrate so hard not to fook up." ~Larry

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I think my parents have wanted to commit me on several occasions.

Like this morning, when I informed them that my outfit for the day was an Extra-Special Bono Birthday Edition outfit. Yep, I think they wanted to commit me then.
biggrin.gif

Why would they want to do that? Doesn't everybody have an Extra-Special Bono Birthday Edition Outfit? LOL!

Originally posted by Kristie:
check it, we were driving by a mental hospital today and my mom turns to me and says "We're going to have to put you in there pretty soon!"
I thought of you.

uh oh...people see a mental institution and think of me...

tis a bad association
biggrin.gif

------------------

*sings loudly*

Back
Top Bottom