Model behaviour pt 11 partB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
haha I wouldnt let her on till I finished :macdevil:

She moved out of his arms, “So what happens now?”

“Well I think its time we made a pact that we are completely honest with each other” Bono replied looking deadly serious again, “So that there is no more of these kind of misunderstandings between us”

“Was it a misunderstanding?” Anneka found herself asking. She studied Bono’s reaction waiting on his answer .

He seem to take a moment to decide how to reply but then self consciously he ran a hand through his hair, his blue eyes meeting her questioning look “You are a beautiful young woman Annie, and to say I am not attracted to you would be a lie, What red blooded man wouldn’t be attracted to you? I just didn’t realise that it showed to the point that even Laurie noticed it, she must be more perceptive than I thought” he realised dryly

“And I do care about you a lot, its true, but you have to believe me I did not approach you about the poverty campaign, as you put it, because I wanted to get into your knickers, and I am truly hoping you never really give that serious consideration. That you knew me better than that” it was his turn to look reproachful

Anneka felt her face heat up to a burning flush of guilt, and lowered her eyes from his. “I didn’t know what to think, during that photo shoot you were sending me very strong signals, and remembering what Laurie implied.. It made her story seem more plausible” she attempted to explain.

“I admit, I did get a little carried away a the photo shoot, but can you blame me, you were kindda hot, in fact the whole shoot was kindda hot” he grinned wolfishly “I had to take a good cold shower after it” he admitted, making her laugh.

“But I am not using our work on the poverty campaign to come onto you, I respect all the stuff you have been doing and I wanted us to join forces because like me, you are a powerful voice in the media and your are passionate in what you believe is right, that’s what we need.. If I gave you got the impression it was something more, and it made you uncomfortable.. I am sorry” he apologised.

Anneka shook her head, “It’s ok, actually I think part of the problem was the fact that lately the attraction thing is not all one sided” she found herself admitting, after all they were being honest with each other, as she glanced at Bono’s she noted his eyes widen and he seem to perk up with interest

“Oh really?” he queried

“Well, y’know a lot of women find you attractive too.. Why should I be any different” she added defensively making him chuckle and relieve some of the tension

“I guess I am glad to discover you are not so indifferent to me then”

“Which is why I am concerned” Anneka replied, “I mean can you imagine you and me? Us together”

“What would be so wrong with that?” Bono asked, as if he had indeed given it some consideration

“Oh c’mon we would be such a cliché, The rock star and the model, and you know what they would all be saying that the only reason we are working together on the poverty campaign is because we want to sleep together and it was all a cover up for our torrid little affair.

They wouldn’t be interested in anything we had to say on Africa, suddenly we would just be another celebrity couple, all they would care about is what we are wearing eating and drinking and how long before we split up.. I have been on that merry-go-round before with Jake, its not one I want to get on again in a hurry.

“Yeah I can see your point” Bono reluctantly admitted “It’s not easy being in the public eye, but at the same time to let it get to the point where you are afraid to get on with your life, to get into a relationship, because you are going to worry about what they say or think.. Its kindda sad”

“I blame my mother” Anneka replied ruefully, “from I was small she had it drummed into how image is important, and how I always have to present the right image if I want to survive in this world”

“And what about love?” Bono asked, “Where does that fit in?”

“Love can be elusive and hard to find in our lifestyle, it only leads to disappointment as I told you before” Anneka pointed out.

“Not if you have faith in it and believe in it” Bono counter argued

“Well maybe I don’t” Anneka replied quietly staring down at her hands

“Then maybe you should give it a chance” Bono suggested lightly

“Who with? You?” Anneka looked up at him almost mockingly.

“Well we both have more or less admitted we have feelings for each other” he reminded her his blue eyes scouring her face, “Right now we are skirting around them, not exactly sure which way it could go”

“Exactly” Anneka replied, “I value my friendship with you and what we have now too much, I don’t want to ruin it. If we get involved, and it doesn’t work out.. We will lose each other again.. I couldn’t bear that” she admitted shakily

He reached out to stroke her cheek gently “It might not happen that way”

“Maybe, but I am not willing to take that chance, not yet.. I guess I don’t have your faith in love Bono.. It just scares me” she admitted sadly

Bono sighed resigningly, “I guess your faith is a little shaky right now.. But being an optimist, I am hoping it will not always be so in the future, given time, you might feel different… but until then I want you to know I will always be your friend if that’s all you want from me” he reassured her, “but if do you do decide to take that leap of faith, I just want you to know I will be here with open arms, ready to catch you” he added planting a light kiss on her forehead “I just want you to remember that”

She was moved, lost for words how to respond, and only wished she could believe in love as he did, he almost made it sound easy.

He got up deciding he had pushed her enough for one night. “I am glad we had this talk and cleared the air, but I will let you get to bed now, tomorrow is a busy day, and we have to get up early to catch our flight”

He walked towards the door and as he was about to open it she called out his name making him stop to turn to look at her enquiringly.

Her emotions were all over the place, and there was so much she wanted to say to him, yet it refused to go from her brain to her tongue

“Sweet dreams” was all she manage to blurt out not trusting herself to say anymore, scared where it might lead.

Bono sensing this, just nodded, “Same to you” he smiled and turned and left. She watched him close the door after him feeling strangely bereft.

I am glad you liked that bit GG I done it espicially for you:hug:

annj said:
I am glad you liked that bit GG I done it espicially for you:hug:

:love: :hug: Thank you so much....

:flirt: So how long will we have to wait for the next bit?

:lol: Just kidding! take all the time you need :)

I am half way through it just been recovering from getting my gallbladder removed and hopefully finish it soon,

though I have to say I have been enjoying reading everyone else's fan fic at the moment more than writing my own :reject:

Oh well, personal health is more important than fanfic for sure :yes: :hug: Hope you get well soon!

You know I always enjoy your fanfic too :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom