Model behaviour pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Its been a while from I wrote anything at all because my rl life has been a real downer this last year.
this kind of popped into my head a good while back, a kind of confrontation with Bono scene, where everything was not so rosy for my character.. I have a few ideas for it to go for another few chapters and see how it develops.. anyway non of it is true and I don't own Bono or any other member of u2, this is just a load of nonsense in my head.......

Tiny’s’ It was a rather peculiar name for a rather upmarket, exclusive restaurant, Anneka found herself musing, as she sat taking a sip of her white wine.
Had it something to do with the fact it was kind of tiny?” she pondered glancing around her, the place was small, cosy and intimate, that was what they were obviously aiming for.

Somehow it didn’t seem quite appropriate for the meeting she had ahead of her, and probably why she was feeling all the more unsettled in this cosy closed in environment. She found the distracting thoughts on her surroundings bringing her reluctantly back to the reason why she was here in the first place

“I must be crazy agreeing to this” she muttered into herself taking another sip of her wine trying to fortify herself.

Setting the glass down she frowned and glanced at the watch on her wrist

Bono was late she realised, she wouldn’t be surprised if was deliberately being late, keeping her hanging on, knowing she was getting jittery as every minute passed, well she was giving him five more minutes then she was out of here.

She was beginning to wish she had not let her personal assistant Julie talk her into this meeting, but it had been hard to refuse and explain why Bono was the last person she wanted to be around when Julie was totally unaware of the history Anneka had with the man five years previously. Her refusal to see him would have seemed churlish under the circumstances.

After all if teaming up with Bono helped highlight her charity work she had going for those in poorer third world countries, for their sakes she had to put her own personal feelings aside for the greater good.

She had been fooling herself that the time wouldn’t come when their two paths wouldn’t cross, especially when they both had the same aims and goals, wanting to see a better world for all and tried to make a difference, using their celebrity status to highlight the problem, he being a big rock star, and she a well known fashion Model.

Bono was a veteran at this campaigning business compared to her, she had only started doing it these past few years after her visit to Africa and seeing the people’s plight for herself.

She had intended to do her own thing, and did not expected or want any help from Bono, after all, they had not exactly parted on good terms on their last encounter all those years ago, somehow she had even manage to avoid ever coming face to face with him again up until now.

As it had turned out he had been the one to get in contact with her agency, offering his help and support, suggesting they should all unite under one umbrella, and try and work at achieving their aims more successfully together.

But it was the fact he had also suggested that he would really like to discuss it with Anneka personally had sent slight alarm bells ringing in her head. The others had been thrilled and had encouraged her to agree to the meeting, thinking it was a great idea.

He had been clever contacting her colleagues first to approach her with the idea and persuade her to meet him, probably knowing if he had contacted her himself , she would have probably not agreed to even speak with him,

So now here she was, convincing herself she was doing the right thing, and that her underlying suspicion that Bono’s motives for wanting to meet up with her again, had nothing to do with what had happened between them in the past. and his only interest was in their campaigning work. She was being been forced to give him the benefit of the doubt, though the longer she sat in Tiny’s restaurant waiting for him, the more uneasy she felt about facing him again as she found unwanted memories of the past started to creep back

She glanced at her watch once more, deciding she had waited long enough. Finishing of her white wine she was about to get up from the table to make her escape, after all she had waited on him, it wasn’t her fault he hadn’t bothered showing up. She told herself justifying her actions

It was then he strolled through the restaurant door, and Anneka sank back into her seat, not quite sure if she was glad he had turned up after all

He had not changed that much, his dark hair was cut shorter cropped close to his head, and he had filled out a little more, he was dressed in black denim jeans and black leather jacket he removed his dark glasses and she found his piercing blue stare on her, which did nothing to make her feel any easier.

She wished she had a few more drinks in her now she had to actually face him

“Looks like I came on the nick of time” he greeted her in his familiar soft Irish lilt as he joined her at the table “Sorry I am late,” he slid into the chair across the table from her, “I got caught up at the recording studio, you know how it is, But still I am here now, so we can talk” he smiled all breeziness and light as if they met every day for friendly chats, she found it a little disconcerting,

She was about to speak with him, only he held his hand up

“Sorry for interrupting you, its just I am absolutely starving, I have only had a ham sandwich at eight o’clock this morning, and I really need to order some food, do you mind?”

Thrown of by his request she found herself shaking her head, “Er, no… go ahead” she found herself telling him feeling the situation was turning out a little surreal

She had almost expected some kind awkwardness in their first meeting after such a long time, and especially after the way they had parted. Yet he was so laid back much to her irritation. She tried to gather her own composure as he called a waitress over to serve him.

He was half way through giving her his order when he stopped and looked at Anneka ruefully “Forgive me I never even asked if you wanted anything to eat” he realised

“I-I am fine” Anneka replied, “I am not hungry” she replied truthfully

“You sure?” he queried.

“Yes”

“Ok” he turned back to the waitress and finished giving his order.

Anneka studied him noticing the dark shadow of a beard growing around his chin and lower jaw, he hadn’t shaved for a few days, despite his cheery demeanour he looked tired, there were dark circles under his eyes probably caused by late nights ferrying between the recording studios and nightclubs, she remembered being caught up in that circle and was now glad to be away from it all, she lived a more sedate life these days.

He was surveying her again now, and despite herself she felt her cheeks heat up and she found she couldn’t meet his blue eyes and looked down at the table.

“You are looking good” he finally spoke up “Nice to see you have put a bit of meat on your bones, you suit it”

You are not looking bad yourself” she replied, and felt uncomfortable that their conversation was taking a more personal tone, she had come here to discuss business that was all, she tried to get back on to the main topic, she came here for

“Look Bono, I appreciate what you are trying to do here, and I think it’s a great idea, but I just don’t understand why you insisted meeting with me personally here today,
I am sure anyone of the other committee members of my organisation could have given you the information you needed” she pointed out

“Bono’s blue eyes stared at her steadily for a moment as if accessing her statement; it took all her effort not to look down at her empty wine glass to avoid his scrutinising gaze.

“That’s true” he finally conceded “But you made yourself the figurehead for the organisation, you are a vital part of the publicity machine, and its the publicity I am after and need right now, that’s why I thought it would be good for us to get together” He pointed out reasonably,

Anneka’s reaction to this was a small ironic laugh

“ So you seriously think we can work together?” she found herself asking him in disbelief

“Why not?” Bono raised his eyebrows questioningly “We both want the same thing, what could be the problem?”

“Well maybe the problem could be with the little thing in our past, y’know the fact my husband Jake ran of with your wife Laurie five years ago” Anneka reminded him pointedly “And that’s not even giving consideration that you thought a good way to get back at them was for me to sleep with you and when I refused you said it was all my fault that Jake ran of with Laurie because I was a lousy wife who couldn’t control my husband”

Bono grimaced “You know I was kindda hoping after such a long time had passed you would not bring that up” he confessed

“Its kindda hard to forget” Anneka replied tersely

“ But you must have known I didn’t mean it, I was very angry and very drunk and striking out everyone around me, unfortunately you happened to be in the firing line at the time” Bono tried to explain looking shamefaced, “ And I did try to get in contact with you to apologise, but you were not having any of it. Then realising how much I had hurt you I decided I deserved to have you totally ignore me if you chose too, though I always hoped that one day, maybe you would find it in your heart to forgive me” he eyed her remorsefully, looking kind of pathetic

“If you want me to get down on my knees right now and beg for your forgiveness I will” he then offered repentantly

“Don’t be stupid,” despite chastising him, Anneka could not hide her ghost of a smile, knowing full well, it was something he was capable of doing just to embarrass her into submission. She decided complete honesty was needed between them before anything else would be decided she leaned forward across the table towards him, looking him straight in the eye

“Be truthful with me Bono. Was this the real reason you wanted me here today? To clear up our messy past, and to convince me to let bygones be bygones?” she enquired

He sighed, dropping the light hearted cocky attitude and became serious

“ Well, yes, y’know I guess that was part of it. It’s been going on so long now and I thought it was time to bring it to an end for both our sakes ” he admitted

Anneka couldn’t hide her triumphant smile “Just as I thought”

Bono looked a little hopeful “So, what do you say? Can we still be friends? I mean we were good friends before all that shit took place between Laurie and Jake.” he reminded her with one of his quirky smiles

“And think about it, we would make quite a formidable team together if we work on trying ending this awful poverty that should not be happening. It’s got to be worth not staying mad at me forever, ” he then pointed out persuasively

“Damn! She forgot this man was good' Anneka realised in slight annoyance, finding herself being swayed into agreeing and giving into him. But at the same time not wanting him to see he could to win her over so easily. He had waited for over five years another ten minutes wouldn’t do any harm

“I will have to think about it” she replied trying to sound as non committal as she could, but finding it difficult to look into those piercing blue eyes which could read her like a book.

“Ok Annie“, he used the shortened version of her name he had always called her, and for some reason it sending a little jolt through her of the familiarity that had once existed between them something until now she had not realised how much she had missed.

yay a new fanfic from you :D

I like the concept, and I'm curious to see the developments :)

btw, that's a really bitchy Bono you're describing there :love: Bad boy Bono

it's nicely written, only on some occasions you use the " thingy when it's not supposed to be there, and vice versa...

Very interesting approach annj. :yes:
I like where this is going. :up:

I have one question...What era is this? I like to visualize what look Bono is sporting in this fic.
:wink:

hmm I guess I was thinking anything anytime between Pop and up until now. as I wrote him with cropped short hair:wink:

thanks for all the input, I will try and keep it going, been a looong time from I wrote.. but I thought the best place to start to practise again was on U2:)

Last edited:
annj,
I know it has been awhile, but
I have been reading this story nonstop!!
Finished the last chapter (#18) you have written so far, today - but there is no more :sad:
Will there be more????? Please say yes and soon. :uhoh: :whistle:

(For anyone interested, this story starts on page 13 of fanfic archives).

hi girls, I know its been ages, I did mean to finish this story and then I ran out of steam and for some reason couldnt finish it, my mind just went blank, or I wasnt happy with what I wrote,

so I thought I would give the fan fiction a rest for a while and just do other stuff, like my own stories and characters and I have been putting them up in fictionpress

annj, you should be happy with what you wrote! :heart: :up:
Maybe you will be re-inspired- come lurking more often-that should work!!
Would you mind us reading your other stuff, then? :hug:

Back
Top Bottom