Miscellaneous Pictures #46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah,ok.
trollsparymax192wf.jpg

I don't know about that. Although the look is clearly dated, it still reeks of cool, in my opinion. I can't think of another look from the 80s that holds up as well. Bono's sexy boots? Hello.

High water pants+ black boots= 80s hotness.

:lol: Whatever the 80s were, it's totally not my definition of cool. Fashionwise, horrible, horrible decade.

:lol: Whatever the 80s were, it's totally not my definition of cool. Fashionwise, horrible, horrible decade.

What? You mean you didn't like the big hair, leg warmers and oversized neon shirts? For ladies, anyway. And then there was that dreadful mullet! (Can't believe I even mentioned THAT word!)

I kinda liked their JT look. Maybe not for everyday wear but on stage it was ok. They looked like a band of gypsies which I suppose they were.

Why all the hate about the stage clothes for the Joshua Tree era?

It isn't like Lola Cashman said: Let me make you look like you have no money.

The look of the Joshua Tree era stage clothes fit the album, album art and narrative.

...Simple.

That particular look just represents the 80s style very well. It isn't anyone's fault that they looked like that, it was just the way people dressed back then.

I grew up in the 80s. Fashion wise, if you look back, it was a horrible decade, but it was considered cool and alright to dress like that back then.

Musically, the 80s were an amazing decade. I still look back and get nostalgic. I prefer the 80s over any other decade and think there was some great stuff going on.

That particular look just represents the 80s style very well. It isn't anyone's fault that they looked like that, it was just the way people dressed back then.

I grew up in the 80s. Fashion wise, if you look back, it was a horrible decade, but it was considered cool and alright to dress like that back then.

Musically, the 80s were an amazing decade. I still look back and get nostalgic. I prefer the 80s over any other decade and think there was some great stuff going on.

:yes::up:

The look of the Joshua Tree era stage clothes fit the album, album art and narrative.

...Simple.

:up:

:up: Agreed! The music of the mid 80's brings back a lot of great memories for me! It was a very exciting time to be around especially for music. I loved the diversity and that's where U2 fit in so well because they really were different than anything else being played on the radio at the time. I loved waiting for not only the new music releases but also, the world premieres of new videos! Any yes, looking to see what they wore was apart of all that.

And isn't fashion a representation of a culture during a particular time, anyway? So the boots and jeans and black and white color palate was a stark contrast to all the neon colors at the time. I liked it!

375567_10150488911094504_641232141_n.jpg

Arcane Collective at the Consul General of Ireland and Culture Ireland reception in New York last weekend. From left: The Edge, Cat Westwood, Roxanne Steinberg, Morleigh Steinberg, Oguri, Moses Hacmon

(Photo posted in January 2012)

Oguri is Roxanne's husband

I think I might have known that. I thought her sister was married to someone in the dance company but wasn't sure if it was him. Oguri did a week of performances in my city a few years ago at our modern art museum. But Morleigh wasn't there and tickets were more than I wanted to pay so I didn't go. I would have gladly paid that price to see Morleigh, just more out of curiosity than anything and not because I like watching dance stuff.

Back
Top Bottom