Miscellaneous Pictures #46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
644600_326776414087370_778959786_n.jpg

It's the first time I see this pic! I think it's World cup 1990 in Italy or maybe Mexico 1986?

Now I'm looking better, this MUSt be 1986.

Check the guys 1 row in front of Bono and Edge. That's Larry and goat Adam! Goat Adam happened in 86.

Cannot find the photo right now, but there is one of Adam from 1986 without shirt, lying down with his arms behind his head. And he has the same goat beard going on, pretty identical shades as well. If I'm not mistaken, that's Adam yes.

Cannot find the photo right now, but there is one of Adam from 1986 without shirt, lying down with his arms behind his head. And he has the same goat beard going on, pretty identical shades as well. If I'm not mistaken, that's Adam yes.

I'm pretty sure that one you're thinking of is a 90's pic isn't it??

And I don't know you guys, I'm only going by the way the photo was identified when I got it, and it said 1990 but it could be wrong! To me it definitely looks closer to Zoo era than before JT but :shrug:

Is this the one you mean? This is 1994.

adamNYcentralpark1994AC.jpg

May I try and help you out a little, ladies?

This is a tricky one, as the fella with the sombrero and the chilis tempt you into thinkins he's supporting Mexico. And we all know that Mexico didn't take part in the World Championship 1990...

But Italy played Ireland in the Quarterfinals in 1990. On the 30th of June to be precise. The Quarterfinal took place in Rome, and the roof structure that can be seen in the picture looks indeed as if it was the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.

So this MUST be 1990:wave:

May I try and help you out a little, ladies?

This is a tricky one, as the fella with the sombrero and the chilis tempt you into thinkins he's supporting Mexico. And we all know that Mexico didn't take part in the World Championship 1990...

But Italy played Ireland in the Quarterfinals in 1990. On the 30th of June to be precise. The Quarterfinal took place in Rome, and the roof structure that can be seen in the picture looks indeed as if it was the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.

So this MUST be 1990:wave:

Thanks :wave: Also isn't that the year Larry had a big hand in the writing of the World Cup song Put Em Under Pressure, or something like that? :hmm: (Not that it matters to this photo.)

You're welcome, comet!

Oh yes, Put em Under Pressure, an all-time classic in Ireland!

Since the song mainly consists of samples of Jacky Charlton interviews and melodies of football chants that already existed before, there wasn't too much writing involved, I suppose, but Larry was producing or co-producing the song, as far as I remember...

Bill Flanagan mentioned U2 going to a World Cup game, but this might not have been the same one, because I think the one he talked about was after the ZooTV Tour.

It's definitely WC 1990 in Italy.. There's stories about this visit to the game in old Propaganda Magazine articles (see @u2.com) and I've seen this photo on an italian stock photo site, dating it 1990. Guess it's one of the rare pictures that have surfaced from the period Lovetown-Berlin, which is only 9 months but marked a huge transition.

Here's 2 others I know that are from that period.

Bono outside Dockers pub in April 1990

Bono%2BApril%2B1990.jpg

Bono & Edge Backstage at a Stones gig in August (?) 1990

pic-request-u2-rolling-stones-190379-4.html&h=713&w=1015&sz=233&tbnid=oWUZsESEgh5_TM&tbnh=188&tbnw=268&zoom=1&usg=__wiOLQCZyVdhHA3b4QqSw-BQgKc8=&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Z198UOz0L46k0AW--YD4Bw&ved=0CCwQ8g0

The date on the stones picture is wrong by the way. There is an old propaganda article describing a U2 visit to the stones "Urban Jungle" tour in Turin for inspiration and the stage. This Stones show was later recorded for their at the Max release.

I didn't recognise it was Adam at first and was wondering why you posted the pic Cathleen then I recognised Naomi and figured out it had to be Adam underneath all that hair and ugly cap! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom