Miscellaneous Pictures #46

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just take a photo of someone after a lavish breakfast/lunch/dinner plus unflattering angle: Voilà.

Seriously: Bono is NOT slim, he's had a belly for years and years, no problem with that, sometimes it's just more obvious and I'm sure he doesn't exactly think about sucking his belly in when he's singing because that isn't very helpful when you need to take some deep breaths.

This was posted on Tumblr, it might have been in one of those links...
725fedee.jpg

...what's up with Bono's body? Something doesn't look right :lol:

I don't know what you mean, I think Bono looks great in this pic!? :drool: Thanks for posting!! :up: And I personally think some of these flippant comments about his weight are very rude, even if they're only meant as a joke!! :angry:

I don't know what you mean, I think Bono looks great in this pic!? :drool: Thanks for posting!! :up: And I personally think some of these flippant comments about his weight are very rude, even if they're only meant as a joke!! :angry:

His t-shirt is hanging quite highly above his belt. That's what people mean. And how is it rude when it's just an observation? It's not like we're saying OMG BONO IS SO FAT WHAT A JACKASS.

We're simply observing that his t-shirt looks a bit funny this way. Could be the food, could be the photographers' angle, who cares, really. We're not judging him, we're not insulting him, we're simply observing him.

As long as he's happy, we're happy. And he's looking more healthy these days than he did on his heavy tour regime. Even if that means a couple more pounds.

"Bono from YouTube"!!! :lmao:

I love that! :lol:

His t-shirt is hanging quite highly above his belt. That's what people mean. And how is it rude when it's just an observation? It's not like we're saying OMG BONO IS SO FAT WHAT A JACKASS.

We're simply observing that his t-shirt looks a bit funny this way. Could be the food, could be the photographers' angle, who cares, really. We're not judging him, we're not insulting him, we're simply observing him.

As long as he's happy, we're happy. And he's looking more healthy these days than he did on his heavy tour regime. Even if that means a couple more pounds.

True, no one's been calling him fat. The picture isn't doing him any favors and to be honest, Bono has put on a few pounds in recent years. I don't have a problem with it, as long as he's fine.

Yeah calling him pregnant is a joke since, he's like, a guy. And unless he has more working parts than we know - it's not possible. This coming from a person who like Bono has a little more to love but not fat. Because of something I wore on Christmas my own mom asked if I was pregnant!! I'm staying away from anything with high waisted bow from now on.

It's all about perception I suppose!? Actually it was the one comment about him being pregnant that really vexed me!! :huh: I mean, not only is that rude and obsurd, but it's also medically impossible!! :| But I guess that's just me?!? :shrug:

:shrug: I always think Bono looks great. I'm sure he doesn't think about "sucking it in" when he's singing, why would he? I watched him singing at close range many times and his tummy doesn't look like that picture- not that I would give a crap if it did, I was just pointing out the funny angle like GG said.

I love Bono more than I should, so you can all be assured that I will never have anything mean spirited to say about him :wink:

It's all about perception I suppose!? Actually it was the one comment about him being pregnant that really vexed me!! :huh: I mean, not only is that rude and obsurd, but it's also medically impossible!! :| But I guess that's just me?!? :shrug:

But that's exactly the joke. Saying he's pregnant when someone wonders what's up with his shirt.
usually when people ask what's up with someone's belly, it's a female. And the first thing people ALWAYS think of that female is "Oh, she must be pregnant". And now it's people wondering what's up with Bono's shirt. So the joke is to say he's pregnant, which is a perfectly acceptable excuse with any female, but in this case it's a male so entirely not possible. Which is funny.

Damn, jokes really get unfunny when you explain them.

i was always told NEVER to ask a woman if she was pregnant unless you could actually see a baby coming out of her, just in case she wasn't :D

i was always told NEVER to ask a woman if she was pregnant unless you could actually see a baby coming out of her :D

Let me give you my mom's email.....My sister said that maybe it was wishful thinking. It just wasn't something I wanted to hear after spending the month working out 5-6 times a week! :doh:

And because this is called Misc. Pictures....

6723894543_fe60940aa4_o.png

6723895049_53a2b64549_o.png

i was always told NEVER to ask a woman if she was pregnant unless you could actually see a baby coming out of her, just in case she wasn't :D

I was asked that exact same question by one of my students one day after class. I was shocked, even though she assured me she didn't mean it that way. Anyway, after that I lost around 12 kilos and when we met again I told her that I'm quite thankful for her comment today because it made me realise I have to lose weight. Which is, of course crap, because no one should lose weight because someone else might find them fat, it doesn't work if you don't want to change the way you look like out of your own inner motivation. And it's still impolite to ask the pregnant question, I would never do that to anyone.

Bono's fine, I love him, I wouldn't change a thing about him and I'm sure he's fine as long as he's healthy and happy. I don't care about his tummy, he's just built this way and has never been slim, and he loves live too much to keep a diet and go to the gym all of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE5I8qQwPi8

I went to the Music Festival in Mali - Bono and his wife/entourage showed up ... he got on stage after being announced as "Boh-No from YouTube" and proceeded to scream "Viva! Viva la Vivaaaaaaa!" to the confusion of the Malians in the crowd.

Thanks for the link :D

Watching Bono 'dance' never ceases to crack me up.

This. :lmao::cute:

This was posted on Tumblr, it might have been in one of those links...
725fedee.jpg

...what's up with Bono's body? Something doesn't look right :lol:

Maybe due to security being tight there he wore a bullet proof vest? Only thing I can thing off. Regardless of how weird that looks he still looks hot. :drool:

That's really funny! In my commercials banner at the top of this page, i've got " loose your belly in 60 days" with a videolink, the preview show a guy with a belly like Bono before/after.... So funny! :lol:

Thanks for the link :D

This. :lmao::cute:

Maybe due to security being tight there he wore a bullet proof vest? Only thing I can thing off. Regardless of how weird that looks he still looks hot. :drool:

:doh:

Why didn't I think of that? I was too busy being snarky. That actually does make some sense especially on stage. If I were Ali, I'd be having an ulcer attack during those minutes. Maybe she's used to it.

Jem, that's very clever! Didn't consider the need for that either. Scary idea though :yikes: I don't like the thought of him being in that kind of danger!!

That's really funny! In my commercials banner at the top of this page, i've got " loose your belly in 60 days" with a videolink, the preview show a guy with a belly like Bono before/after.... So funny! :lol:

I don't see ads here when I'm signed in, but the other day after the site upgrade or whatever and we had to re-sign in, I had some ads at the top. They were all for wood products and wood grain floor and wood related stuff. WTF. :huh:

Or... :shifty:

:doh:

Why didn't I think of that? I was too busy being snarky. That actually does make some sense especially on stage. If I were Ali, I'd be having an ulcer attack during those minutes. Maybe she's used to it.

I :lmao: at your comment. I'd have posted the same thing but you beat me to it so I went down the practical route ;)

Jem, that's very clever! Didn't consider the need for that either. Scary idea though :yikes: I don't like the thought of him being in that kind of danger!!

It is kinda scary. I'd imagine it is more just a precaution. I'd bet that Brian was with them ( and more security as well - with local knowledge of the area!! ). :heart:

It was only the odd shape of his upper body that made me think it. Its totally different shape to him putting extra weight on. :)

I don't see ads here when I'm signed in, but the other day after the site upgrade or whatever and we had to re-sign in, I had some ads at the top. They were all for wood products and wood grain floor and wood related stuff. WTF. :huh:

Or... :shifty:

Lol that is your ads! Funny and... weird!
I've looked on youtube for abs exercices recently so...

bonoishot said:
I :lmao: at your comment. I'd have posted the same thing but you beat me to it so I went down the practical route ;)

It is kinda scary. I'd imagine it is more just a precaution. I'd bet that Brian was with them ( and more security as well - with local knowledge of the area!! ). :heart:

It was only the odd shape of his upper body that made me think it. Its totally different shape to him putting extra weight on. :)

Yeah, he looks oddly bulky just there, his arms and legs look normal.

Back
Top Bottom