Miscellaneous Pictures #43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He posed for that photo and gave his consent to let it be printed in a magazine. I doubt he's losing any sleep over people discussing it. Because frankly, there's nothing much to see except for a load of hair and two hands. So I don't really get the big fuss.

sure, but was that around AB time? maybe he didn't quite envisage it flashing up on everyone's computer screen at some point in the distant future and being zoomed in on and discussed on a public forum :D

uh yeah, i was kind of there... but there was nothing like the access to information we have today...

Taken out of context, where there's a will there is a way.
Its published, so I don't get the point, 1000's of people seeing it in 92, or 10000's of people in 2010 isn't that much of a difference. It is a lot of people. just different era's.

It might have been shocking back then , but imho it isn't now.

But again its just my dibs. I see what your point is and that it bothers you. I can't help that.

sure, but was that around AB time? maybe he didn't quite envisage it flashing up on everyone's computer screen at some point in the distant future and being zoomed in on and discussed on a public forum :D
True, Internet wasn't as advanced back then as it is now.
But do you expect Adam to hate the fact that his AB shot ended up online? THat he's embarrassed by it?

Cause he was rather proud of it, last time asked. He's even quoted his only regret was not having a stiffy. So I really don't think they're very bothered by this. If it were Larry, yeah, he'd have a problem with it. But then again, he wouldn't let a press photographer take a pic of him with his hands in front of his crotch.

Another pic of Edge and Mario Batali

AadaEywCQAAAuLS.jpg

Twitter

Taken out of context, where there's a will there is a way.
Its published, so I don't get the point, 1000's of people seeing it in 92, or 10000's of people in 2010 isn't that much of a difference. It is a lot of people. just different era's.

It might have been shocking back then , but imho it isn't now.

But again its just my dibs. I see what your point is and that it bothers you. I can't help that.

True, Internet wasn't as advanced back then as it is now.
But do you expect Adam to hate the fact that his AB shot ended up online? THat he's embarrassed by it?

Cause he was rather proud of it, last time asked. He's even quoted his only regret was not having a stiffy. So I really don't think they're very bothered by this. If it were Larry, yeah, he'd have a problem with it. But then again, he wouldn't let a press photographer take a pic of him with his hands in front of his crotch.

i'm not saying anyone (band member or whoever) is embarrassed by anything, and i for one am not easily shocked LOL

i just feel that it's inappropriate really - for instance, i could have signed in here while talking to my young daughter, and unwittingly have had the image load up on my screen while randomly checking the thread, and that's one of the reasons why i think it was a tricky situation... maybe you should have a separate thread if you like looking at more explicit piccies?? because not all of us do... :shrug:

plus, really, i seriously did think it was against forum rules to "discuss the band members' privates" anyway? no? ok, i shall leave you to your crotch fest :D

I agree with that. It's probably a good idea to use a spoiler tag for these kind of photos, and a little discrecy is welcomed. But I don't think it should be completely 'banned' per se, as it's not really that horrible. It could be awkward tho. Maybe I'm just too liberal on this, I dunno. I've seen worse shite on the internet I guess..

And that's indeed against the rules.

I agree with that. It's probably a good idea to use a spoiler tag for these kind of photos, and a little discrecy is welcomed. But I don't think it should be completely 'banned' per se, as it's not really that horrible. It could be awkward tho. Maybe I'm just too liberal on this, I dunno. I've seen worse shite on the internet I guess..

And that's indeed against the rules.

yep, spoiler tags would be perfect for that :up:

I think that's why they have a forum for that kind of discussion. So, I apologize for my Burger King comment. Sometimes the comedian in me forgets my audience.

I think I prefer Wendy's anyway- if I have to eat fast food.

I don't think that looking at that or thinking about Bono like that is disrespectful. It's just natural. I have a shit ton of respect for him, doesn't mean I can't lust after him (if we're being perfectly frank here).

If the picture makes you uncomfortable personally, that is perfectly understandable. I was 15 the first time I saw the Adam picture and it freaked me out a little bit. :lol:

But I don't think the picture is innapropriate or against any forum rules- the Adam one has been posted many times. I wouldn't sign on to this place with children around (or my mom). It's not a place for children.

Also, it's not like you can actually see anything. So is it really any different than the one of him in the tub?
Like GG said, it's really just a load of hair and his hands :wink:

I wouldn't sign on to this place with children around (or my mom). It's not a place for children.

now that's just silly and taking it a little too far - this place is mostly just a blue screen with random band images - nothing censor-worthy normally lol

now that's just silly and taking it a little too far - this place is mostly just a blue screen with random band images - nothing censor-worthy normally lol

I go onto Interference with my daughter around, but never pleba. You never know what might show up in here. :shifty:

I feel like the conversation about the Bono pic is going a totally different way than I intended. Well I never intended to have pages of talk about it at all. I said it was a frightening picture in a playful way because I've seen soooo many people (not just here but on FB too) talk about how too bad Bono's hands are in the way, etc. I just don't see Bono in a :drool: :combust: type of way like a lot of you do but the picture does not offend me nor do I think it's offensive nor do I think we should have pages discussing whether or not it should be banned from here or how Bono would be embarrassed by it. Maybe we can move on now from this now as I hate it when picture threads turn into chat threads. So someone post something miscellaneous! I would but I have a dinner to go to.....

I'll just say this since I'm the one who found the Bono crotch pic and posted it first. I PMed Sicy before I posted it and asked her if she felt it was ok to post and she said YES. Also I posted it in context with the entire article, not just cropped by itself. When I did that later I posted it under a spoiler and in a separate chat thread, not here. Aside from that, I'm on the side with those saying you can't see anything here that is inappropriate. :shrug:

Also this thread is over 1000 so i'll go start a new Misc thread, without THE pic. :wink:

And arw I totally understand where you were coming from, the conversation took a weird turn which I don't think had anything to do with your original post. :up:

i wasn't getting at you BC, the photo you posted with the article was tiny, but it was the larger individual scan someone posted later that i felt was more unnecessary and could've done with a spoiler tag tbh... for me, i think it was some of the comments more than anything that i found disrespectful really, like the kind of comments arw just referred to... sometimes i think people get a bit carried away and comments get a bit borderline when piccies like these are posted... i think the pic is lovely anyway, it's subtle and artistic, but some of the comments it generated got a bit tasteless really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom