Miscellaneous Picture Mix Vl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more at Yahoo

:laugh:

capt.aucx10307061720.g8_martin_and_bono_aucx103.jpg

Did you read what he said about Paul Martin?

You're infuriating," Bono tells Canadian PM

Irish rock star and anti-poverty activist Bono on Wednesday gave up his fight to persuade Canada to boost foreign aid -- but not before telling Prime Minister Paul Martin he was a pain to deal with.

Bono, like his fellow Irish rock star Bob Geldof, had openly pressed Martin to give a date by which Canada would raise its overseas assistance to 0.7 percent of Gross Domestic Product.

Martin refuses, saying it could be too expensive, and stuck to his guns during a meeting with Bono on the margins of a Group of Eight summit in Scotland. Bono reluctantly admitted he could not force Martin to change his mind.

"He's very difficult to deal with because he won't agree to things that he doesn't believe he can deliver, although that is very frustrating and annoying and infuriating," Bono told reporters while standing next to Martin.

Canada currently spends the equivalent of 0.26 percent of GDP on foreign aid. Martin says he would rather commit to small increases he knows he can afford than make long-term promises.

"We will ultimately (reach) the 0.7 percent, but we're not going to do it ... until we can basically say to Canadians 'Here's how we're doing it and here's when we're going to do it and there are no caveats and conditions'," Martin said.

nurse chrissi said:

really dorking myself out here but by what he is wearing/the sunglasses and the hair style I'd say late summer 2004

I now can Bono date pictures :reject:

If you can't date the man... at least you can date his pictures!
:D :wink:

You can definitely see Rogan Gregory in that first picture posted by Niamh.

He's walking behind Bono.

Thanks for posting these. :wink:

Hey gals you might want to go ahead and start a new thread since this one is just about at 500.

Spank you :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom