Miscellaneous Picture Mix III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonosinging.jpg

beli said:

And the flash of skin on the wrist. lol.

I hope they weren't really caring radioactive substances.

Yup! they are... lol

I read in Bill Flanagans book that he went along with them and there was this woman freaking out at Bono because he was trying to get back into the boat with his boots(that had radioactive material on it)...quite an interesting read.

U2Girl1978 said:

Yup! they are... lol

I read in Bill Flanagans book that he went along with them and there was this woman freaking out at Bono because he was trying to get back into the boat with his boots(that had radioactive material on it)...quite an interesting read.

Hmmm. .......

~BrightestStar~ said:

Huzzah! Congrats! :applaud:
:dancing:

And why was Bono carrying radioactive material? Like I know the album is called "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" and I know Bono wants to save the world..but this might be a touch _over his head_ *snicker*

This happened in 1992. It was a protest against a nuclear power plant in Sellafield, England that was dumping its radioactive waste into the Irish Sea. The waste washed up on the shores of Ireland. U2 carried barrels of radioactive sand onto the English shore to show the English government what was being dumped on their own shores.

sellafieldband.jpg

miss becky said:

This happened in 1992. It was a protest against a nuclear power plant in Sellafield, England that was dumping its radioactive waste into the Irish Sea. The waste washed up on the shores of Ireland. U2 carried barrels of radioactive sand onto the English shore to show the English government what was being dumped on their own shores.

sellafieldband.jpg

*sigh*
Just another reason for me to love U2. :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Huzzah! Congrats! :applaud:
:dancing:

And why was Bono carrying radioactive material? Like I know the album is called "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" and I know Bono wants to save the world..but this might be a touch _over his head_ *snicker*

This was actually back in the Achtung Baby era...It was something called Sellafield...

Oops someone beat me to it! lol

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:

This was actually back in the Achtung Baby era...It was something called Sellafield...

Oops someone beat me to it! lol

I know what Sellafield is, I work in radiation safety. :lol:

Thanks for all your help though. This has been "interesting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom