Mirrorball Girl's Cool U2 in Chicago pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
These pics were taken in Chicago on Oct. 16 by Mirrorball Girl! She emailed them to me to post for her. The first one is Bono arriving at the show and the rest are of the concert! Good job Mirrorball Girl, nice pics!
hf50827.jpg

gI36718.jpg

gW10332.jpg

h638903.jpg

gZ44203.jpg

h249695.jpg

gL77984.jpg

LOOK!!! You can actually SEE Larry!!!!! *grins til her cheeks hurt!*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Thanks for uploading these, U2Kitten!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Mirrorball girl, I was standing just to your right when Bono came out after the car pulled in. I don't remember what you looked like, just remember that there was a group of about 4 girls to the left of me when I was waiting for them out there. Were you the one who asked Bono for a picture after he explained that they were running late for the photo shoot??? Bono was standing about 2 feet away me. After he posed for your picture he turned to me and I got a really good picture of him. That was sooo cool. Anyway, if that was you, i guess it was nice meeting you (even though we didn't really meet).

Yes, that was me, U2One! I was with the 3 other crazy girls.
wink.gif
When I asked if he would mind if I took a picture he was like, "*No...*" as if I was silly to even ask.
biggrin.gif

It was nice "meeting" you as well. Pays to wait there early, eh? I'd love to see your photo, too -- I'll bet his eyes were even open for it!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I love my new camera very, very much.

------------------

--Sheila Roche, on Bono

yea, his eyes were actually open for my picture. bono's flashing the peace sign in it. i'm surprised how well it came out, because i really suck with the camera. i'd post it for all you crazy girls can drool at it
wink.gif
but i don't have a scanner so i'm not sure how to. if anyone can help me with this.....

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by U2One:
yea, his eyes were actually open for my picture. bono's flashing the peace sign in it. i'm surprised how well it came out, because i really suck with the camera. i'd post it for all you crazy girls can drool at it
wink.gif
but i don't have a scanner so i'm not sure how to. if anyone can help me with this.....

Just go to a cyber-cafe!!!!
They have scanners for you to use!!
*willing to beg if necessary to see those pics*

------------------
I've got no hope in this world...
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
These pics were taken in Chicago on Oct. 16 by Mirrorball Girl! She emailed them to me to post for her. The first one is Bono arriving at the show and the rest are of the concert! Good job Mirrorball Girl, nice pics!
hf50827.jpg

Nice pics Mirrorball Girl! You were that close and he was talking to YOU?! How did you survive?! ~~PLOP!~~ WOW!!
smile.gif

------------------
~some days are better than others~

Thanks everyone! I really like Edge's shirt, too. I want one of my own. (An Edge, that is.
wink.gif
)

Hee hee, yes SamanthaPuff, Bono was talking to me. I managed to survive somehow.
biggrin.gif
It helped somewhat that he wasn't exactly whispering sweet nothings into my ear ... the deep conversation went like this:

Bono: "We can't stop. We're late for a photo shoot."

Me: "Would you mind if I took a picture?"

Bono: pause, grin, amused "No... we're *going* to to photo shoot..."

That was basically it.
smile.gif
It was still very cool, of course. Brings my grand total of U2 members I've spoken with up to a whopping 2! Woohoo!

------------------

--Sheila Roche, on Bono

Loved the pics! Bono is so so so cute in that pic!
MirrorBall Girl- What kind of camera was that? Should I bring my digital with a little zoom or should I bring my regular crap camera with no zoom?

My camera was an early birthday present -- an Olympus, I can't remember which model. It has a 170 zoom though.
biggrin.gif
If you have the choice between zoom and no zoom, choose zoom baby! Although I don't have a digital camera, so I can't really comment on relative pros and cons.

Bono: "We can't stop. We're late for a photo shoot."

Me: "Would you mind if I took a picture?"

Bono: pause, grin, amused "No... we're *going* to to photo shoot..."
[/B]

you forgot the part when Bono said (after he said that they were late) "we're always running late for these things" just thought i'd mentioned that since i will never forget that moment, and i'm sure that mirrorball girl won't either

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

Ha! That's right, U2One! Thanks for refreshing my memory. Things get jumbled around in my head when something happens so quickly like that. (Oh, and when I haven't slept in over 24 hours.
wink.gif
) I definitely want to remember all of it. Can you believe they showed up at, what, 2:15?? Were you expecting them early, or just hanging around?

------------------

--Sheila Roche, on Bono

Back
Top Bottom