Miracle Drug Part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparky457

The Fly
Here's the new part. Parts 1-5 here:
http: forum.interference.com/t119490.html
(add "//" after http: I can't post links yet!)

Watched HTDAAB DVD while I wrote this for inspiration. Enjoy!

Part 6

It rains again the next afternoon. This time I don’t have to walk in it, or I shouldn’t have to. Please say that he drives a car. Please. I don’t even know what his car looks like. If he has one. Of course he has one. He’s a bloody rock star. He probably has ten. Maybe I should just go home. He probably doesn’t even know where I go to school. I sit down on a bench. I look at my watch. School had been out for almost 20 minutes. I stand up. He forgot. Oh well.

I pull the hood of my sweater over my head and step out into the rain. It’s a long way home. I wish I knew what building my mom worked in. I could stop in there, and get out of the rain. “Hey, where are you going?” And there he is. In the prettiest black car I’ve ever seen. I squint at him through the rain and shrug, “Home.” He winks, “Get in. Come on. It’s raining.” I go around to the other side and get in. “It’s raining?” I ask. “I didn’t notice.” He pulls onto the road, “Fine, smarty pants, I’ll let you back out. You hungry?” I shrug, “Not really.”

“No? Ok… no hamburgers… Oh, hey, I have a surprise for you… no two surprises.” I laugh, “Two? What did I do to deserve two surprises instead of one?” “Well, it wasn’t your sarcasm…Ok, one, here is the new U2 CD.” He hands me a disc. The art on it makes it look like a red and black target. I smile, “Can we put it in?” He laughs and hits a button on the radio panel, “It’s already in.” Vertigo begins loud and upbeat. I notice Bono singing along. He turns it down a bit, “And next, well, I have to go to this like band meeting thing.” He says band meeting as if he’s embarrassed, “But you’re welcome to come and meet the boys.”

I hesitate, “I don’t know… Do you think they’ll be mad?” He looks at me and frowns, “Why would they be mad? I told them all about you. They can’t wait to meet you.” Inwardly I groan. I had nothing to say to U2. I smile though, “That’d be cool then.” I look out into the road and see a car coming towards us. Bono laughs, “Look at this guy. He’s on the wrong side of the road. Well, I’m not getting over. He can shove it, the idiot.” I gulp. I look past the one car coming straight towards us and see a whole line of others behind. “Um, Bono, I think we’re the ones going the wrong way.”

“What? He looks closely, “Feckin’…” He makes a sharp turn onto another street. I cling to the armrests. He grins, “Sorry about that.” I try to breathe calmly, “Yeah, no problem.” Please, please, please be almost there. He pulls to a screeching stop and rolls down the window, “Larry!” I see a blonde man smile and walk towards us. He leans on my door sticking his head inside. Bono asks, “You need a ride?” Larry looks at me and winks, “Bono, you’re driving her to the studio? Poor girl… Has he gone the wrong way down a one way street yet? That’s my favorite trick.” I giggle, “Actually-“ Bono cuts me off, “Actually, nothing. Get in Larry.” Larry grins and hops in the back.

As Bono pulls back onto the road once again he says, “Larry’s our drummer.” I hear Larry smirk behind me, “I’m the cool one.” Bono says, “Oh bullocks. Don’t listen to him, Leah. He lies.” I smile, “Whatever you say.” “What?” Larry says behind me, “I lie? Leah, Leah, never trust a rock star. Always confirm your facts with the drummer… or the bass player. They’re the trustworthy ones.” I turn around slightly to face him, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Larry winks, “Never drive with a rock star either. Their driving is shoddy.” Bono points out, “You’re driving with one.” Larry shrugs, “Yes, but I’m cool enough to take risks. Where as Leah here is really too young to be risking her life so recklessly. Really, what would your mother say?” I laugh, “Probably nothing… I didn’t tell her I was going to be riding with Bono.” He shakes his head, “Lying to Mum are we? I see Bono has already corrupted you. There’s no hope for you now. None.”

Bono rolls his eyes at Larry though the rearview mirror. “Stop filling her mind with nonsense Larry, really.” Larry ignores him, “Yes, I can see it all now, Leah. Riding in cars with rock stars… you’re only a step or two away from-“ Bono interrupts loudly, “Oh look, we’ve arrived.” I get out laughing. This was more interesting than I had thought it would be.

Bono goes in first purposely letting the door close on Larry who promptly caught it and held it open for me. I mumble thanks as I walk in. It was surprisingly plain inside. Stairs to the left, hallway to the front, common area to the right. I yelp surprised as a paper airplane nosedives into my hair. I hear a muffled voice from behind a couch in the sitting room. “Bono?” A man sits up who I recognize as Adam. “Oh dear, not Bono at all.” He comes out the foyer with his hand outstretched. “My apologies. That plane was not meant for you.” I grin and shake his hand. He takes the plane back, “Leah, I presume? I’m Adam.”

Bono comes back with a Guinness in hand, “Pelting my guest, Adam? Honestly, I leave for two minutes and you’ve already assaulted an innocent.” Larry laughs, “Not innocent. You’ve been talking to her, remember Bono? She’ll never be the same.” Bono rolls his eyes, “Let’s get started then… wait, where’s Edge?” Adam shrugs, “Hasn’t shown.” Larry sighs, “4:00 o’clock. We agreed on four o’clock.” I check my watch, “It’s only 3:55.” Larry frowns, “Oh well… fine, he’s not late - yet. Let’s go upstairs.”

Adam sticks behind refolding his airplane. “I think I’ll wait down here for him.” He winks at me.

I'm so glad to see an update. This is really good & I can't wait to read more!!

:wink: I knows it's been long Inearly forgotwhat was about that fic...but soon get back on topic...

BONO and LARRY arguing in the car maked me LMAO!!

ADAM with the fecking plane...so funny!!!

Really love it...it's sweet, cool...

cathxxx

I e-mailed Sparky, so hopefully we'll have inspired her to continue the story.

:scream:

We need new chapters of the current fan fiction stories!

Why are all these ancient stories being bumped? Obviously there are NO new chapters to them, otherwise we would have read them.

Come on girls, write some new stuff!

Back
Top Bottom