Michael W. Smith and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl02

Refugee
I was watching tv tonight, and I stumbled across a Michael W. Smith concert, I think it was the one his "Worship" cd came from. Anyway, about 15 minutes before the end, he was talking to the audience and he said something about "How long..." and then I heard a familiar tune coming from the bass (or was it the guitar? :huh: ) Then he busted into this awesome version of 40! I was sitting there like :love: Totally random... his playing a U2 song was the last thing I expected, but it was great! When the song first started, you could tell there were a few U2 fans in the audience, because a couple of them screamed and cheered, and the whole audience was signing along with him. Did anyone else happen to see this at all??

Whoa! I'd have really liked to have seen it...i know that 40 is a big song among a lot of the cont. christian music to cover because, well, its U2 ( Yes! :D ) and its christian. Ive got the dctalk version that they do downloaded, it rocks. In fact, one of the guys from dctalk actually named his record company after the song, its 40records..and this great band called circadian rhythm (broken up now :( ) were on it...i went to three of their concerts and they do a great gloria cover...they're all big u2 fans. Went to elevation and went insane apparently. :p .

Neato! I saw a story on the news a couple of weeks ago about an Australian Christian band, the Paul Coleman trio, and they mentioned U2 in that :D And who wouldn't want to play 40 or Gloria? They're super songs!

Back
Top Bottom