Meteor Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me and Sara (Miss Zooropa) were there with VIP passes, we were treated as stars and then went to the aftershow party. It was awesome.
Bono got the award, he accepted the award, thanking Ali and the kids and the band for being so patient and supportive. He also got 100 000 euros to give to a charity of his choice. He's chosen Concern and Goal (two different charities), adding that this amount of money is 273 years worth of salary for people he's giving it to (Africa, mostly). He got a message from Nelson Mandela (written message) read by Colin Farrell who presented the award, also got a video message from Bill Clinton.
Best Group: Edge first, but Bono interrupted him by saying: Edge, you have no time to get emotional now, then Larry invited everyone over for a cuppa to his Killiney home (which is odd coz we thought he lived in Howth).
Also Bono presented Bob Geldof with Lifetime Achievement Award and then was casually sitting on the stairs while Geldof played a song.

Has anyone been watching Model Behaviour? Your man, the winner, Nathan Roberts is from South Africa, he also thanked U2 for all what they've done for Third World countries.

It was really really funny when they were showing the nominees for Best Group. Bono was just sitting there, staring at the screen, watching all the other nominees, they were last to be shown. His face lit up and he started cheering like a feckin eejit!

Last edited:
CatDubh said:

It was really really funny when they were showing the nominees for Best Group. Bono was just sitting there, staring at the screen, watching all the other nominees, they were last to be shown. His face lit up and he started cheering like a feckin eejit!

:lol:

And maybe Larry invited everyone over to some random persons house ;) Wouldn't that be like Larry :tongue:

That's a really cool story! Any thing to tell about the after-show party? :sexywink:

meteorparty1.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:

I sure would hate to meet up with that pair in a dark alley at night. Really, if I didn't know who they were, I'd be scared. Colin looks like a drug addict who's slept in the street for days and is still high. I don't know if it's just the beard that does it, but Bono's had a mean look on his face lately that I don't find attractive.

Congratulations anyway:D

CatDubh said:
Me and Sara (Miss Zooropa) were there with VIP passes, we were treated as stars and then went to the aftershow party. It was awesome.
Bono got the award, he accepted the award, thanking Ali and the kids and the band for being so patient and supportive. He also got 100 000 euros to give to a charity of his choice. He's chosen Concern and Goal (two different charities), adding that this amount of money is 273 years worth of salary for people he's giving it to (Africa, mostly). He got a message from Nelson Mandela (written message) read by Colin Farrell who presented the award, also got a video message from Bill Clinton.
Best Group: Edge first, but Bono interrupted him by saying: Edge, you have no time to get emotional now, then Larry invited everyone over for a cuppa to his Killiney home (which is odd coz we thought he lived in Howth).
Also Bono presented Bob Geldof with Lifetime Achievement Award and then was casually sitting on the stairs while Geldof played a song.

Has anyone been watching Model Behaviour? Your man, the winner, Nathan Roberts is from South Africa, he also thanked U2 for all what they've done for Third World countries.

Catdubh,

Can you PLEASE please please email me: carrie@interference.com? We would be honored if you could write a story up about this to be featured on Interference.com.

Hope to hear from you soon. :wave: :hyper:

meteor awards

I'm very curious as to how Sara and Catdubh got VIP passes.
Please tell if you don't mind.

Was Larry at the afterparty and was Ann with him?

CatDubh said:

Hehe, cute!

That is so cool that you were there! I'm jealous...

Like the pictures.

And congratulations to the guys for their awards!

Angela

what was edge saying that prompted bono to tell he had no time to get emotional?

sue4u2 said:
There are some really great pic's at http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/met-u201.jpg[/url]
There is a great shot of Bono & Ali also.:heart:

Yes, always nice to see those again :) But, indeed, they are from last year

wasn't this thing televised and all too? are we in the twilight zone here? lol

For the life of me I cannot figure out why there is no record of this event happening! :lol:

I think it's being televised tomorrow in Ireland. I'm really surprised there aren't more pictures. I looked on the meteor awards web page and it just says the awards will be given out on 3-3-03 so maybe after it's televised we will see some pictures posted....let's hope!

More pics of the Meteor Awards

bono01.jpg

bono_farrell01.jpg

I believe Edge is wearing the same T-shirt he wore to the MusiCares event

Attachments

• bonoandedgemia.jpg
    bonoandedgemia.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom