Met Bono today Barneys New York ... got a kiss!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes we were inside, I did see you with your little girl. Did you have on a pink poncho? -- I did see another person from the Times Talk there also .... anyway we went outside after the presentation ... and got lucky ....:wink:

I traveled from Akron OH to Chicago 1, stood in the right place for about 3 hrs, only to find out that the band had gone in early for sound check about an hour before I arrived. Very disappointing! Also would have been nice if security had told us that before we stood there 3 hrs. It killed me to see pictures posted showing that I just missed it!

BEVERLY56 said:
I traveled from Akron OH to Chicago 1, stood in the right place for about 3 hrs, only to find out that the band had gone in early for sound check about an hour before I arrived. Very disappointing! Also would have been nice if security had told us that before we stood there 3 hrs. It killed me to see pictures posted showing that I just missed it!

:hug:

PRICELESS!!!!! That is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Seajewel, I haven't seen them so far...just through this great board. I have FAN GAs for Atlanta show #2. My friend and I (same one) are taking off work on Fri and hoping to score tix for that first night. We are making a weekend of it (Atlanta is 2 hrs. from us) and hitting a couple of pubs that weekend in hopes of seeing them. There is a great Irish one in Five Points...I stole a Guiness glass last time I was there (shame on me :ohmy: ). We are camping out Saturday in the wee hours of the morning, so if I ever meet him, I will definitly look like crap. Oh well....

Let me know any tips you have since you are so good at meeting the boys!

Congrats, again!

Last edited:
ree5669 said:
PRICELESS!!!!! That is INCREDIBLE!!!!

Seajewel, I haven't seen them so far...just through this great board. I have FAN GAs for Atlanta show #2. My friend and I (same one) are taking off work on Fri and hoping to score tix for that first night. We are making a weekend of it (Atlanta is 2 hrs. from us) and hitting a couple of pubs that weekend in hopes of seeing them. There is a great Irish one in Five Points...I stole a Guiness glass last time I was there (shame on me :ohmy: ). We are camping out Saturday in the wee hours of the morning, so if I ever meet him, I will definitly look like crap. Oh well....

Let me know any tips you have since you are so good at meeting the boys!

Congrats, again!

Good luck in November in Atlanta! Have fun!

youtwohearts said:
You are so lucky. Didn't your sister get her guitar signed by him? Or am I thinking of some one else.

Yes she did! I have pictures of that night but not digital - don't have a scanner either - sorry, but a memorable night! He is so sweet to his fans! :heart:

He truly is. Well now I know who you are next time he is doing something in the city, I'm sure we'll meet up. However that won't be for a little while :sad:. Oh well I'm going to go to MSG early and hopefully catch him there.

youtwohearts said:
He truly is. Well now I know who you are next time he is doing something in the city, I'm sure we'll meet up. However that won't be for a little while :sad:. Oh well I'm going to go to MSG early and hopefully catch him there.

We've met him and got pictures what's the problem??

I know it's never enough :wink:

seajewel....congratulations!!! :applaud:

But now I'm confused :scratch: :huh: . As far as i remmber {my mem is usually good, not perfect] at least farirly early last year wasn't it you who had despaired of ever meeting Bono? That you had had so many close calls that you'd finally given up. And I encouraged you to keep on trying, anyhow. . And NOW you've met him FOUR times?!??

If it wasn't you.....:scratch: :scratch: ...who was it? :uhoh:

dazzledbylight said:
seajewel....congratulations!!! :applaud:

But now I'm confused :scratch: :huh: . As far as i remmber {my mem is usually good, not perfect] at least farirly early last year wasn't it you who had despaired of ever meeting Bono? That you had had so many close calls that you'd finally given up. And I encouraged you to keep on trying, anyhow. . And NOW you've met him FOUR times?!??

If it wasn't you.....:scratch: :scratch: ...who was it? :uhoh:

No, I'm sorry that wasn't me - The first time I met and talked to Bono was November 2002 outside the Marriott Marquis Hotel - (can't forget that he held my hand) you must have me confused with someone else. I've posted all my lucky encounters with pictures - I wrote a story about meeting Bono at the Peter and the Wolf auction at Christie's November 2003... Is someone else using my name?? :huh: - - Christie's (sorry so big)
IM000280.jpg

Last edited:
wow Your ipod looks sooo cool - I wish I had bought that ipod case for my u2 ipod now - I dont like the case I got.

Brilliant pics :up:

Thanks, that's actually my second case - I found it after I bought my first one - everyone tells me I shouldn't use the signed one - but everytime I open my ipod I get a little thrill!:drool:

Last edited:
Wow..Bono IS beautiful in that picture but Seajewel is as well..:sexywink:
That ipod case is SO cool..whered you pick up something like that? I'm dying to know..it almost looks custom made? heh
My ipod is still lying around naked and getting abused daily..:shifty:

Badgrrl77 said:
Wow..Bono IS beautiful in that picture but Seajewel is as well..:sexywink:
That ipod case is SO cool..whered you pick up something like that? I'm dying to know..it almost looks custom made? heh
My ipod is still lying around naked and getting abused daily..:shifty:

Thanks! - I purchased mine at an Apple Store I believe it is available on line as well - it's a really nice case and worth the price! Bono really liked it!

Back
Top Bottom