Met Bono on Monday at HQ!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Tart

Refugee
Got back from Dublin late last night, sore head,sore feet, exhausted but delighted at meeting a very very sexy Bono at HQ on Monday afternoon!!

I can still feel his arms around me and can still smell him!!!:drool: :wink: :drool:

Will post details and pics when I get some sleep 16 hours sleep in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear your report. 16 hours of sleep in 4 days???? Yes, go get the much needed sleep.

Once again, I find the man of my dreams in the arms of four Britgals from Hull! :scream:

(anyone get the Monty Python reference?;) )

OK then short but sweet!!:wink:

We went down to Hanover Quay around 2.30 on Monday afternoon(the usual 4 suspects plus Island Girl!!) and when we arrived there were about 6 other fans along with an Australian photographer.

About 20 minutes after we arrived Bonos blue Masarati flew down the road, quick wave, beep of the car horn and he was in the garage. What we found odd and still do was the presence of security outside the studio doors something we have never seen before. :eyebrow:
Shortly afterwards Adam arrived again straight into the garage.

With that the door opened and he was there black hooded top and beautiful shades!!!!!!!!!:drool: Believe me he looks so very very good!!!!:drool:

As usual there were loads of concrete trucks and as soon as Bono knew the road was clear he waved us over. He shook all our hands in turn and I was stood a little way back and when he camed to me he pulled me up to where he was stood, he looked like he was going to kiss everyone especially my sis Larrys lush!! The look on her face was priceless!! He recognised us all which was fantastic and came out with the gem
"What are you doing here???":huh:

He said that he only had a very short time as he had loads to do, so he asked what we wanted!! I darent tell him what I wanted I was sober at this point so he was lucky!! :wink:
So we all said Photos!!

He pulled each one of us all to him in turn to have our photos taken and as soon as he knew everyone had one said he was sorry but he had to go, sadly the security got a bit heavy pushing everyone away which wasnt necessary as everyone was polite and behaved really well. Bit uncalled for really and Bono wasnt happy when he saw it.

It was a very short (not that I'm complaining as he didnt have to make any time at all) but very sweet Bono moment to treasure.

Then on the Tuesday morning I was stood on the corner of the quay with my sis when he came tearing down the road in the Mas again, he saw us slammed all on the wheels screeched and he came across the road!!!!!!!!! Very frightening as I was stood against the wall with no where to go my life flashed in front of me!!!!:huh: He came to a stop flashed that very sexy grin asked if we were ok waved double beep of the horn and he was off!!
Very nearly Death by Bono!!!!!:wink:

Thanks Bman you are 100 per cent sex on legs!!!!:wink:

Pics to follow very very soon!!

:hyper:

Bono is so nice :cute: Thanks for sharing the story :bow:

Maybe the security was from the people doing the radio show (was that Monday :scratch: ) That's too bad about security guy being rude :(

Almost run over by Bono's maserati - not a bad way to go :lol: but I'm glad you're okay :hug:

Eagerly awaiting the pics :wave:

No the security was from Principle Management and he told us that they will be on tour with the band!!:huh:

I just dont like being pushed around especially for no reason.

Also forgot to say that Sam the studio manager came out and read the riot act to some of the male fans!!:ohmy:

Bono's Tart said:
No the security was from Principle Management and he told us that they will be on tour with the band!!:huh:

I just dont like being pushed around especially for no reason.

Also forgot to say that Sam the studio manager came out and read the riot act to some of the male fans!!:ohmy:

ugh :huh: wonder what happened to the other security guy (John? the bald guy with the beard. I read some fan reports that he was nice :) )

thanks again for sharing your story :wave: I'm glad you got to meet Bono again :)

Last edited:
That is so wonderful about getting photos with Bono. Hope that you can share them with us.

Sounds like the security bit sucked. Guess since the album is almost out that Principle felt they needed more protection.

Bono's Tart said:

He said that he only had a very short time as he had loads to do, so he asked what we wanted!! I darent tell him what I wanted I was sober at this point so he was lucky!! :wink:

:evil: :lol:

I cannot stop giggling at the thought of Bono asking a PLEBAn what they want. :mac:

Great story, thank you for sharing!

Why? I was wondering when Emilie and somebody else always wanted to send a link instead. Is there a reason? Did the band ask you not to? What happened? :huh:

I want to see, I'll email you.

Back
Top Bottom