Met Bono last year in front of studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
or were you saying he was being a little cocky the first day, and wasnt being funny or sweet, except the next day?

were there any fans being rude or going overly-nutty or something during this time that may have caused himto maybe be that way?

the first day you met him, was he still nice and all? but except just the part about coming on over?

To MattNYC: Re: Meeting Bono

Bono was very nice and approachable. The first day I met him, he just got back from America. So, he was very tired and jet-lagged. Plus, I have a feeling the rest of the band was giving him crap for not being there to record. He came out and he was nice, but not in a very good mood. When the Edge came out, he scooted in. He just told everyone he had very little time. He was nice though and hugged me and signed auto-graphs etc. He is cocky in the sense that when he waited for the fans, he waited at the studio door. That was the same day. The second day, we saw him drive by. He stopped and waved to us. Then he came out and was in the street signing autographs, taking pics, etc. He was on his way to Paris for auto-racing, so there was a black van out front waiting for him to take him to the airport. He was much more friendly and much more himself the next day. The next day is when I took the pic with him and he signed my autograph. He is so nice, I don't want you to get a bad impression. He was tired and cranky from the trip, that is how everyone is when they are jet-lagged. He was nice, though, you could just tell he really did not want to be there. That is all. He was not his perky self that Bono always is with his fans on the first day. BONO IS VERY FUN TO MEET. DON'T BE AFRAID. HE LOVES HIS FANS. HOWEVER, HE IS HUMAN. HE GETS IN MOODS, LIKE WE ALL DO. You know what I mean?

Bono is the best! He is much better looking in person, not that you would care. But, for a girl, he is smashing!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :wink:

Re: Delphine, your meeting

Delphine said:
Bono was very nice and approachable. The first day I met him, he just got back from America. So, he was very tired and jet-lagged. Plus, I have a feeling the rest of the band was giving him crap for not being there to record. He came out and he was nice, but not in a very good mood. When the Edge came out, he scooted in. He just told everyone he had very little time. He was nice though and hugged me and signed auto-graphs etc. He is cocky in the sense that when he waited for the fans, he waited at the studio door. That was the same day. The second day, we saw him drive by. He stopped and waved to us. Then he came out and was in the street signing autographs, taking pics, etc. He was on his way to Paris for auto-racing, so there was a black van out front waiting for him to take him to the airport. He was much more friendly and much more himself the next day. The next day is when I took the pic with him and he signed my autograph. He is so nice, I don't want you to get a bad impression. He was tired and cranky from the trip, that is how everyone is when they are jet-lagged. He was nice, though, you could just tell he really did not want to be there. That is all. He was not his perky self that Bono always is with his fans on the first day. BONO IS VERY FUN TO MEET. DON'T BE AFRAID. HE LOVES HIS FANS. HOWEVER, HE IS HUMAN. HE GETS IN MOODS, LIKE WE ALL DO. You know what I mean?

Bono is the best! He is much better looking in person, not that you would care. But, for a girl, he is smashing!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :wink:

Everyone has bad days - for me its good to hear that Bono is a normal guy! I just hope i get the chance to talk to him like you did Delphine, though i have no idea what id say! What were you like when you first saw him? Were you speechless? The most famous guy ive met is Johnny Depp and i couldnt speak to him so i reckon ill be about the same if i ever get the chance (please) to meet Bono! What did you say to him?

Re: To MattNYC: Re: Meeting Bono

Delphine said:

<<< is a girl:giggle:

Having met Bono in LA...I have to say that HE IS SO FRIGGIN GOREGOUS IN PERSON OMG!!:drool: :ohmy: I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful face! The strong jaw line, freckles etc.. Just mind blowing... And yes, he's so genuine! Down to earth, funny and really and truely cares about the fans. I was amongst 100 people and he was conversing and joking with everyone. Taking his time with each person and really listening to what they were telling him.

And Edge...wow! :drool: I couldn't get over how good looking he is in person. The one thing that struck me about him was his beautiful PORCELAIN SKIN and bright blue eyes! :ohmy: :drool: Photos don't do him justice! Now, he is definitely shy... He didn't say much but spent a lot of time signing autographs, pictures etc.

SORRY U2 FANATIC

You are a girl! :reject:

Sorry.

I have to tell you that Adam is very sexy in person. He is so genuine and cool. I was not nervous at all talking to him. He just makes you feel so comfortable. I was a little nervous talking to the Edge because he is shy, but so sweet and incredibly nice and cute...I agree. I would date or marry any one of the band. To me, they are all gorgeous, sexy, charming and brilliant in their own way.

I was never a big Adam fan, but now that I met him...I think his is AWESOME AND I really am impressed by his humility, his gentleness, and his grace and humbleness.
:adam: :sexywink:

LISA.....WHEN I MET BONO.....

It all happened so fast, it did not even really hit me until it was over. The first time I met him, I was so nervous that I didn't even look him in the face. I couldn't even look at him. I pulled myself together and I was fine, though. The second time I met him, I was a bit nervous, however, he makes you feel so comfortable and he can tell when you are nervous to talk to him, so he goes out of his way to talk to you and make you feel special. Even if you say something stupid, Bono will make you feel like a million bucks. If I can meet Bono and not drop dead or crap my pants...you can. He is my dream guy and my boyfriend is so patient and understanding of my U2 obsession and the posters and pics all around our apartment. However, he is beginning to hate Bono and he is sick of hearing his name. I think he is jealous.

I wish I could be there when you meet him. Where do you live?
What concerts are you going to. I wish we all could go to the same one..wouldn't that be fun!!!:dancing: :applaud: :rockon: :bump:

Re: LISA.....WHEN I MET BONO.....

Delphine said:
It all happened so fast, it did not even really hit me until it was over. The first time I met him, I was so nervous that I didn't even look him in the face. I couldn't even look at him. I pulled myself together and I was fine, though. The second time I met him, I was a bit nervous, however, he makes you feel so comfortable and he can tell when you are nervous to talk to him, so he goes out of his way to talk to you and make you feel special. Even if you say something stupid, Bono will make you feel like a million bucks. If I can meet Bono and not drop dead or crap my pants...you can. He is my dream guy and my boyfriend is so patient and understanding of my U2 obsession and the posters and pics all around our apartment. However, he is beginning to hate Bono and he is sick of hearing his name. I think he is jealous.

I wish I could be there when you meet him. Where do you live?
What concerts are you going to. I wish we all could go to the same one..wouldn't that be fun!!!:dancing: :applaud: :rockon: :bump:

Delphine, I live in Surrey in the South of England. I'm Jo btw, Lisa is my sister. We live together so share the ID! Shes as into Bono as I am so its cool!

Im going to Manchester on 14th June and Twickenham on 18th June. I cant wait!! It would be cool if we could all go together!! :hug: What shows are you going too? Will you try to meet B again? Maybe he will remember you :)

BTW, I like the "when" you meet him, not "if"!! Thanks for the positive thinking hun! I need some of that.. I worry about everything! Like, what if he doesnt stop? What if he goes in another entrance? Etc etc.. I need to stop worrying!!

Jo.

LISA

Hi,

I am a total Bono freak so YES, I will try to meet him again. I live in Massachusetts, near Boston. So, I am going to 4 of the Boston shows. They are coming in May, Oct. and Dec.

I am psyched. I will definitely meet him and the rest of the band again. I cannot wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom