met bono in london twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anjarw

Acrobat
just really quickly now as my time on the internet cafe runs out lol..

we met bono twice on friday, first time when he left the hotel and then we waited there for a looooong time, and he came back at 1 am. we were the only ones around so he had quite some time for us. got pictures and autographs. this man smells sooo good, its unbelievable.

anyway, gonna tell the whole story later today or tomorrow..

@lisa got to know martin here, such a nice guy, he said he knows you :)

pictures first hehe:

BONO_ICH_LONDON.jpg

bono_patty_550.jpg

the first one is me with bono and the second my friend patty with him..

gonna shorten the story a bit, i could write up a REALLY long one though lol

well, arrived in london on friday and headed straight to hyde park first. didn't have any tickets and just wanted to see how many people were there already. not much going on there yet so we went to bono's hotel which was not far away anyway. didn't really know if he was staying there, but thanks to lisa we knew where he stayed last time in london. when we arrived there we saw someone waiting on the other side of the street, and he wore a U2 shirt :D it was martin, dunno if anyone knows him (well i know that lisa knows him ;-)), he had waited there till 5 in the morning and already saw bono once. after about an hour we went to a local shop to buy MOJO magazine, just so we had something he could sign (we came really unprepared lol).

after about 3 hours, we saw bono's driver right in front of the entrance. so we crossed the street and waited some more until martin all of a sudden said that bono is in the lobby. i took a step forwards and saw him inside talking to someone, ali was right next to him (at least i think it was her).

all of a sudden lots of people came out of their cars and placed somethelves right in front of us :mad: stupid ebay-fuckers, waiting in a car all day and then they had lots of promo photos for him to sign. i was really angry. when he eventually came out, all those people were dragging towards him, so i didn't really know what to do. i just held up my magazine above their heads and got my autograph. martin got his autograph on a huge poster he brought with him, but unfortunately after just a few minutes, bono left right away. i swear it was just because of those stupid people :madspit:

anyway, after he had left we went to the other hotel where the others were supposed to be staying at and waited for another 3 hours. nothing happened and my friend and i didn't really know if we wanted to stay there. martin gave us his phone number because he wanted to stay there, and we left to go to bono's hotel again, he had to come back at some point.

well, it was already around midnight when he turned up. i was freezing cold and just tried to keep myself warm somehow, when i suddenly saw his car and a van behind it appear, and his bodyguard got out!! so we crossed the street as fast as we could and got to talk to him for quite some time. ali and his two daughters were with him, but nobody else was there. he asked where we're from. he was probably confused by my really weird accent (some kind of mixture of american, german and british lol) and we were able to take those nice pictures :love: oh did i say that he smelled reallyyy nice :drool:

well when he left i phoned martin and he had just met larry and edge at the other hotel. so we went to him again to wait for adam. i don't know what happened to him lol, but we waited there till 4 am :huh: and he didn't show up. maybe he just stayed at a different hotel :(

saw live 8 on a screen in hyde park on saturday then. a nice u2 fan who stood right next to me, gave me a ticket for the place right in front of the screen :up: so great weekend in london..definitely worth going there even without real tickets

Thats great :applaud: I'm sooo happy for you and glad my info worked out ok for you! Sorry those dealers were still around, God, they are such a pain. Glad you got such great pix and got to chat to him! Email me sometime :)

Jo.

P.S How was Martin? Bless 'im! Did you mention me to him or something?

yeah i told him, that you emailed me the name of the hotel and he was all like "oh i know lisa" :D we had a really funny day just because of him, he never stops talking lol. he gave us lots of advice for meeting the boys, which was great.

he left to go to vienna on saturday though, but we might see him again in amsterdam

Congratulations anjarw

I just want to know if you found what is the perfum he uses. Melpop mentioned that once he was using Dune (Dior) and in a second time Dolce Gabana.

S.

Back
Top Bottom