Met Bono In Chicago 5/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
I was lucky enough to meet Bono again yesterday before the show. We were all waiting outside the United Center for a while before the band started showing up. They all came at the same time, even Paul. But Bono was the only one that came out to meet the fans. He looked good and seemed to be in good spirits. John Sampson said that they all just got back from the Bahamas.

I really only said hi to Bono, because he seemed to be in a bit of a hurry, but he did sign my POPMART tour itenerary book. Really cool. eep and storiesforboys (Erin and Laura) were there as well. I'm sure they'll share they're stories soon.

I only have one really good picture of the meeting. Hopefully, I'll have more by the end of the week. :wink: :hyper:

Picture018.jpg

awesome pics! bono looks GREAT! and i love the pics of the techs... stu = :heart: :wink:

btw, how was the weather? it looks like it was COLD- i am packing for chicago right now, and was wondering if i should bring a winter coat... ??? any advice appreciated! thanks!

Thanks everyone. :D

It was cold at night Ally, but during the day it wasn't that bad. I'd bring warm clothes just in case. Chicago weather changes like crazy.

*Ally* said:
awesome pics! bono looks GREAT!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

But, who wouldn't after a vacation at the Bahamas? :wink:

*Ally* said:
and i love the pics of the techs...

:yes:

:heart: Dallas! :cute:

Congrats Edgette! :D:up:

Last edited:
Edgette said:

It was cold at night Ally, but during the day it wasn't that bad. I'd bring warm clothes just in case. Chicago weather changes like crazy.

thanks for the advice! i guess i'll bring a warmer jacket, just in case... better to have it, than to be freezing! also gotta pack some rain gear... :madspit:

again, congratulations on meeting bono, edgette! :up:

kellyahern said:
Congratulations Edgette! :hyper: :hug:

Thank you for the pictures :bow:

The Bahamas :drool: Explains the return of the hat. :lol:

How early did you guys get there? I just saw the sleeping bag pics. :yikes: :lol:

Thanks Kelly. :hug:

I took 168 pictures yesterday. :ohmy: They're uploading on a better site now (hopefully). hehe.

We got there at 6 on Friday. And we weren't the first ones there. I was number 15 in line. Totally worth sleeping on the concrete for this though. :wink:

Great stuff! :applaud: Fantastic Bono pic! :cute:

Bahamas eh? Lucky, lucky!! :yes:

Great pic of Bono edgette. It does look coooolllldd there....like damp. You're real troopers!!! Are u going to any other shows...Omaha??

I was there, too, with my son and mom. I have a couple of pics up on this site under tour photos chicago 5/7.
You wouldn't have happened to catch Bono shaking my son's hand, do you? His mom (me) was not thinking. He was wearing a cream colored sweater (my son, not Bono).
I would be so grateful if anyone happened to catch that image...! If not, believe me it is imprinted in my mind forever!
Happy B-day Bono!

:wave:

Edgette THANK YOU so much for the rides back to our hotel!!! That was so great of you to do that and we all really appreciated it! I'm so glad we got to hang out all weekend!

Kariann and Schmeg will probably do the honors of our official "we met Bono and Edge" thread later. It was so cool and they were so nice! Especially Edge on Sunday when we met him at his hotel. :drool:

arw9797 said:

Edgette THANK YOU so much for the rides back to our hotel!!! That was so great of you to do that and we all really appreciated it! I'm so glad we got to hang out all weekend!

*seconds all that* :D :hug:

Still :hyper:!!!

arw9797 said:

Kariann and Schmeg will probably do the honors of our official "we met Bono and Edge" thread later. It was so cool and they were so nice! Especially Edge on Sunday when we met him at his hotel. :drool:

Thanks from me again! It was great to see you guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom