Met Bono, Edge and Adam 5/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jam Jar

New Yorker
In the middle of the Pine Barrens with the Jersey
My hands are shaking just thinking about it! Adam drove by first, but didn't get out. Bono came next and did- I couldn't stop shaking, and had the honor of shaking his hand :) After Bono left, Adam came walking up the ramp! He stayed the longest of them all, signing everyone's things. I told him he was the reason I played bass, and that I could play many songs, but for some reason couldn't nail I will follow (it's sad.) He grinned and said "Then you must be *too* good!" He asked if i was in a band and what bass I preferred, telling me that my favorite, the fender precision was his favorite for many years, and that it was with that bass that he played I will follow with. He asked me my name and repeated it to himself, and said nice to meet you! what a gentleman. While he was still out, Edge came up to the fans, too! He stayed the shortest, and reminded Adam that they were running late for soundcheck- I managed to get his autograph, as well :) Soon they left as fast as they arrived...it was all very surreal! :heart:
a couple of pics:
DSC04421.jpg

DSC04428.jpg

To Jam Jar re: Meeting U2....

Congrats for meeting the boys. I met them all a year ago. I am a huge Bono fan. He is my favorite, but I have to say that after meeting Adam, I have a new love for him. After meeting Adam, don't you think he is so cool and down to earth. I felt so relaxed meeting him while I was so nervous meeting Bono and the Edge. But Adam is the least pretentious in the band and now he is up there on my list.

I am so glad you got to meet them. Like me, I am sure it was a dream come true and the pics are great. Congrats again.

P.S. What time did they arrive for sound check. They are coming to Boston next week and I would like to meet them again.

Thanks and congrats again!:up: :rockon:

ahh congrats!!
thats so awesome how you met him and chatted to him about playing bass. adam is so great

well congrats again, and thanks for sharing!

:up: Congrats, JamJar!! Great story & even better pics!!! :drool:

(How am I ever going to wait for my turn in November or December?? :crazy: ) :D

What a great story Jam Jar. Adam is always so nice. Of course, I wouldn't know that from personal experience, just living vicariously through the experiences of other Interferencers. Great phot of him too...Edge looks a bit sunburned and Adam looks like he has a bit of a tan. Maybe the remnants of the Bahamas.

Wohooo!! Jam Jar I didn't know you'd be in NJ!! So where were you in line? I was there too- maybe I have some pics of you talking with our men!! :sexywink:

dmalezi, email coming your way!

Back
Top Bottom