Met Bono!! - Best day of our lives! + Piccies to be added Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa2004

Acrobat
What a day! :) We've just got back from the best gig of our lives and earlier today, met Bono outside his hotel!! He is soooo nice and gorgeous! :drool: My sister, my friends and I met Adam in Manchester (see thread below) but missed Bono and Edge by 45 mins and were very gutted! I gave the security some Godiva chocs to give to Bono but I didnt know if they got them to him.

We arrived at the hotel early this morning, hoping we had heard right and it was the right one! We had heard only one of them was staying there.. not sure which one. The only problem was that it is a small area where we were and Bono was being rushed cos lots of people turned up when he came out and just surrounded him and we had been standing there quietly all morning! It was so cool though cos Bono's security came out and said to the 4 of us that they knew we had been there since 8am and knew we were real fans and that the other 3 guys who had been there for a while were Professional collectors/dealers. They told us they would bring Bono over to us to meet first.. and they did just that! Am loving U2's security and driver! They guided him past the dealers and straight to us! OMG! It was like he was just suddenly there :eek: He was wearing a black short sleeved top and his grey army cap. It was getting a bit mad there and he was getting flustered and pushed about a bit.

I couldnt believe Bono was stood right in front of me! I asked him if he got the chocs on Wed and he said he had and thanked me, giving me the loveliest smile, I was struck dumb by his smile and eyes and couldnt say a word to him! I just stood grinning at him like a fool and he smiled right back! :love: We all got to have little chats with him, which was great. We did get a few great pix and will post them on Monday. We did get a piccie with him but unfortunately he has his eyes closed.. nevermind though, its still us with Bono!! :happy: My friend Natz got a great pic with him on her own.. I also got a photo signed by him and ATYCLB CD cover for Lady Rhia. Lisa and Natz also got photos signed and Anna got the Vertigo tour programme signed. We then got our pix and then he signed for the dealers :mad: but was getting even more flustered as they were pushing eachother around to get to him, just mad, so the security moved him to his car and he said bye to us, waved and was gone. Then we just started screaming and the dealers were none to happy they didnt get much signed! HA!

It was so great of him to stop and chat with us at all. He made our year. Sorry this is all over the place but i havent come down yet after the gig.. what a night! :hyper:

Its been the best week ever. I miss U2 already!!!!

ahh amazing story..congrats!!

would you mind telling me the name of the hotel, as we're there for live 8 in 2 weeks and might want to try our luck..if you don't want to say it here you can also email me: junedreaming84@gmx.de thanks!!

Iam so happy for you all!!and thank you soooo much for the treat!Iam over the moon about it.:dancing: :bow:

I know you wont be able to come down from your cloud for a long time! LOL:wink: :happy:

that is so great! I'm glad to hear he got the chocolates, how cool for you that you got the chance to ask him and find out that he really did get them after all. I can't wait to see your pics! I can tell from your post that you are still on cloud 9, and who could blame you???:love:

Great story. I did not realize there were so many dealers trying to get stuff signed to sell on ebay...go figure:slant: That is such a shame. But I am glad that Bono got your chocolates...do you think he really did? So sweet!

Can't wait to see your pics Lisa. Actually love2bmama's avatar looks like a picture of Bono with his eyes closed.....and, yes, it's cute :sexywink: Scroll up a few messages here to see it.

OK, here's one of our pix. Its of B with my mate Natz. I cant post the others at the moment as the photos were scanned in so huge and my damn pc wont download them :( Ill try at work tomorrow.

bono_natz002.jpg

such an awesome story lisa! Congrats! and cool pics... especially the one of bono :drool: and your friend.
My goal is to get a pic with him and/or edge if possible at one of the next few shows in the fall I am going to. *keeps fingers crossed*

Heres the rest of our pix.. I think they are ok considering how crazy it was and how starstruck we all were :)

bonogroup.jpg

bono-4.jpg

bono-3.jpg

bono2.jpg

bono1.jpg

This one is blurry but thought id post it anyway :)

bonocar.jpg

lisa2004 said:
OK, here's one of our pix. Its of B with my mate Natz. I cant post the others at the moment as the photos were scanned in so huge and my damn pc wont download them :( Ill try at work tomorrow.

bono_natz002.jpg

Natz is really pretty! :cute: :yes: Has a bit of a Cat Deeley thing going on there :)

enajh2 said:

Natz is really pretty! :cute: :yes: Has a bit of a Cat Deeley thing going on there :)

I'll let her know you think so Enajh! She only has eyes for Bono at the mo though!! :love:

Any chance of us getting our documentaries soon??

Jo.

lisa2004 said:
What a day! :) We've just got back from the best gig of our lives and earlier today, met Bono outside his hotel!! He is soooo nice and gorgeous! :drool: My sister, my friends and I met Adam in Manchester (see thread below) but missed Bono and Edge by 45 mins and were very gutted! I gave the security some Godiva chocs to give to Bono but I didnt know if they got them to him.

We arrived at the hotel early this morning, hoping we had heard right and it was the right one! We had heard only one of them was staying there.. not sure which one. The only problem was that it is a small area where we were and Bono was being rushed cos lots of people turned up when he came out and just surrounded him and we had been standing there quietly all morning! It was so cool though cos Bono's security came out and said to the 4 of us that they knew we had been there since 8am and knew we were real fans and that the other 3 guys who had been there for a while were Professional collectors/dealers. They told us they would bring Bono over to us to meet first.. and they did just that! Am loving U2's security and driver! They guided him past the dealers and straight to us! OMG! It was like he was just suddenly there :eek: He was wearing a black short sleeved top and his grey army cap. It was getting a bit mad there and he was getting flustered and pushed about a bit.

I couldnt believe Bono was stood right in front of me! I asked him if he got the chocs on Wed and he said he had and thanked me, giving me the loveliest smile, I was struck dumb by his smile and eyes and couldnt say a word to him! I just stood grinning at him like a fool and he smiled right back! :love: We all got to have little chats with him, which was great. We did get a few great pix and will post them on Monday. We did get a piccie with him but unfortunately he has his eyes closed.. nevermind though, its still us with Bono!! :happy: My friend Natz got a great pic with him on her own.. I also got a photo signed by him and ATYCLB CD cover for Lady Rhia. Lisa and Natz also got photos signed and Anna got the Vertigo tour programme signed. We then got our pix and then he signed for the dealers :mad: but was getting even more flustered as they were pushing eachother around to get to him, just mad, so the security moved him to his car and he said bye to us, waved and was gone. Then we just started screaming and the dealers were none to happy they didnt get much signed! HA!

It was so great of him to stop and chat with us at all. He made our year. Sorry this is all over the place but i havent come down yet after the gig.. what a night! :hyper:

Its been the best week ever. I miss U2 already!!!!

Hey Lisa, I met you on Sunday when you came over to Claridges again. I was the one with "the bag"!!! We did eventually meet Bono but not until 4pm and you were right the "dealers" turned up and nearly spoilt it for us, but thankfully thanks to Gavin Friday and John, the Bodyguard we got a fantastic family photo taken and also I got "the bag" signed. My full story is on u2chat.com under the heading Vertigo Tour.

At least U2 staff manage to realise who the real fans are and make sure that we get priority. Congratulations on your photos they are great!!!!!

Re: Re: Met Bono!! - Best day of our lives! + Piccies to be added Monday

BonosCamerawoma said:

Hey Lisa, I met you on Sunday when you came over to Claridges again. I was the one with "the bag"!!! We did eventually meet Bono but not until 4pm and you were right the "dealers" turned up and nearly spoilt it for us, but thankfully thanks to Gavin Friday and John, the Bodyguard we got a fantastic family photo taken and also I got "the bag" signed. My full story is on u2chat.com under the heading Vertigo Tour.

At least U2 staff manage to realise who the real fans are and make sure that we get priority. Congratulations on your photos they are great!!!!!

I saw those pictures at u2log.com :).

Congratulations and your kids are adorable :cute:

Re: Re: Met Bono!! - Best day of our lives! + Piccies to be added Monday

Hi there,

I'm Jo, Lisa is my sister. I was the one who came over to you, wanting to see Bono "One Last Time"!! You know how it is..!! He came out at 4pm? No soundcheck that day then. Im glad you had a brill meeting too and that the dealers didnt get in your way too much.. Damn those dealers, them and touts, my worst enemies!! We left to go back to the Tom Cruise prem as our friends were there.. I kinda wish we'd stayed around but nevermind, we'll see him soon :):) Good luck in Ireland. Maybe pm you sometime!

Jo.

P.S It was great to meet you and your family!

BonosCamerawoma said:

Re: Re: Re: Met Bono!! - Best day of our lives! + Piccies to be added Monday

lisa2004 said:
Hi there,

I'm Jo, Lisa is my sister. I was the one who came over to you, wanting to see Bono "One Last Time"!! You know how it is..!! He came out at 4pm? No soundcheck that day then. Im glad you had a brill meeting too and that the dealers didnt get in your way too much.. Damn those dealers, them and touts, my worst enemies!! We left to go back to the Tom Cruise prem as our friends were there.. I kinda wish we'd stayed around but nevermind, we'll see him soon :):) Good luck in Ireland. Maybe pm you sometime!

Jo.

P.S It was great to meet you and your family!

Sorry for the confusion Jo! You can always email me at carolyn@u2chat.com. Hope to see you again in Dublin!!!

So Bono stops to talk to fans outside his hotel? I'm so glad your wait was rewarded! Ohhhhhh I hope I get to meet him in Toronto!!! Send some of your luck this way!

Back
Top Bottom