Met Bono and The Edge at Sachs forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So youtwohearts and I are back from the sachs lecture. Now you all know how I feel about the picture of Bono and I that I got back in november after SNL......I was on a mission....We get there nice and early and we hear the NYU security talking about how Bonos head of security is on his way over and how the Edge will be attending as well :happy: We see John and immediately I feel compelled to be friends :) I brought my pictue with me and showed it to him and explained how I waited 20 years to get a picture with Bono and look at how horrific I look and he started laughing and said well atleast you have nice nostrils :lol:I told him I need a do over! He said he'd be back in 45 minutes with him...At this point youtwohearts is so nervous she almost pukes and I was just praying that Bono would stop when he arrived because a crowd began gathering (Hi Diane L ) ! strangers were asking who we were waiting for so I decided to tell people Terence Trent Darby so that nobody would be interested :shifty:
Finally he arrives and there is a decent sized crowd :| but he made his way down to everyone(I love him for that) and finally gets to me and says to the girls next to me I really don't have time for pictures, but that was not acceptable for me :D So he comes over with John and I show Bono the picture and tell him the story, 20 years I look like crap :blahblah: and he just burst out hysterical laughing and says yeah that's a redo :lol: :lmao: So he drew some funny picture on the back and poses for a picture and John says I'll take it! Bono smiled for a second then looked down and continued drawing so I know he wasn't looking at the camera but hey fine by me! Once again I must pray it came out decent! I am hating myself for not taking my sunglases off but I'm still hoping for the best! Next part..

We get inside and 10 seats away from me sitting in his seat is Edge with someone I've never seen before and Paul Mcguinness...I was floored...Some guy behind me said I'm going over and next thing I know youtwohearts and I both went too...I went over and I said I'm really sorry to bother you but I've waited years to say hi and meet you and he shook my hand and I said I can't wait for Friday night! (MSG) and he said it should be great :happy: So after that, hearing Bono speak on poverty and aids and introducing Jeffrey Sachs was so surreal to me being in the same room yards away from both Bono and the Edge... Our seats were really close for the lecture and youtwoheats and I kept noticing and laughing how fidgety Bono was scratching his arms and playing with his hair and I believe I did notice a new denim jacket and of couse took pictures...So that's as much as I can write for now my head is spinning and I can't wait to see the pictures..

Last edited:
:lmao:

Oh my god. I just laughed so hard! You know it is a bad picture when even Bono says, yeah, it's a do over :lol:

I am so happy you got a second chance!!!!! :love:

ramblin rose said:
Oh man that is fantastic!!!!!:applaud: :applaud:

I guess you forgot to mention the playing of Fast Cars on Friday.:|

:lol:

I sware I thought about it lol!

After the fact :reject:

Miroslava said:

Oh my god. I just laughed so hard! You know it is a bad picture when even Bono says, yeah, it's a do over :lol:

I am so happy you got a second chance!!!!! :love:

Honestly, I barely noticed he said that youtwohearts told me I was oblivious!

one4u2 said:

:lol:

I sware I thought about it lol!

After the fact :reject:

I guess that counts for something. Was he at least in the vicinity when you thought about it.:wink:

Will you have your picture by Friday?? :hyper:

ramblin rose said:

I guess that counts for something. Was he at least in the vicinity when you thought about it.:wink:

He was very close :drool: he looked good tonight too!

Pictures by Friday, try noon tomorrow

kellyahern said:
:lol: :up:

That's great that you got a do over :lmao:. Good idea, bringing the previous picture as evidence :wink:.

Although, it still isn't as bad as my Edge picture :shifty:.

:wink:

Why haven't I seen this Edge picture ?:wink:

kellyahern said:

It was so bad, I never scanned it :reject:.

He looks fine btw :wink:.

Scan it :tongue:

meanwhile I don't have a scanner I'm going to beg my friend to scan tomorrow

This was online already

41acce28.jpg

This was great NYU presented them with jackets

Hi one4u2!! I just missed my train and had to wait an hour for another one...I just got home!!!

I came VERY close to meeting Bono, but he walked to the other side of the sidewalk right after taking the picture with one4u2, so I didn't get a chance. It was still a fun night...it was cute seeing Edge standing in the auditorium by his seat next to Patti Smith. Paul McG was there too!

And Bono looked soooo cute in his NYU jacket!!!

Thanks for sharing your story, one4u2!
I'm really happy that you got a second chance to have your picture taking with Bono.
Very nice to hear that the Edge, Patti Smith and Paul McG were there too (to support their friend and his afforts).
And it sure sounds like all of you who attended had a really good time!
I take it the lecture was very informative and interesting as well.

Last edited:
great story--and i actually remember the old picture :wink: glad you got to do the redo, and hopefully i'll get a chance to meet you in NYC friday or saturday!

Diane L said:
Hi one4u2!! I just missed my train and had to wait an hour for another one...I just got home!!!

I came VERY close to meeting Bono, but he walked to the other side of the sidewalk right after taking the picture with one4u2, so I didn't get a chance. It was still a fun night...it was cute seeing Edge standing in the auditorium by his seat next to Patti Smith. Paul McG was there too!

And Bono looked soooo cute in his NYU jacket!!!

:wave:

Glad you made it home OK!

Heather123.jpg

Finally :hyper: he did pose with me then he moved which is why I look like I'm grabbing him! He's signing my picture....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom