met Bono and family and Edge and family on holiday !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonolady

The Fly
Holland, one and a half hour flying from "Bubblin'
I met Bono again this summer on holiday !! I met Ali, and the children. I saw Edge, met Morleigh and chatted with her while swimming with her children......was wonderfull. I don't have much time now but I will write more. I'm only gonna post a pic of Bono.
I heard their new CD, it blasted over the beach and it sounds wonderfull !! Lots of rock an very good ballads......:drool: :heart:

Last edited:
I'm glad that you are only posting the photos of Bono, its nice you meet him again but its like I have said in another posting no fans should approach any of the band if they are with their wives/partners and especially the children.

I'm not saying that you personally did and I dont want to upset you but that side of their lives is private and has nothing to do with any of us fans.

I know just how accomodating Bono can be but he must get sick of it, and what about poor Ali?

All these Eze meetings are just making me really uncomfortable, I love reading about everyones meetings with the band and I love seeing all the photos and I always feel really pleased for anyone who meets them.

It just makes me wonder where all of us (as fans) should draw the line?

You're right BT, I know what you mean, and you do not upset me... We repected their privacy on the beach....we talked to their families as you talk to other parents you meet on the beach, we talked about the weather, the children, swimming in the sea....we NEVER talked to them about things which had to do with the band. And it was a coincidence we stayed there in France, as a travel agent I got an offer to stay in the hotel with my husband and children. I met him without his family and not on the beach...that made it more easier for me.

Last edited:
wow, thats really cool. cant wait to see pics.
i do feel for the band and their families having to put up with constant people but it does come with the job i guess. its like working food service and having to put up with people wanting things all day

Here a pic of Bono, driving away in his car after meeting us. This is the only pic I'm gonna post, out of respect for B, his family and the rest of the band (and their friends).

33%3B7786%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3C6%3A%3D975%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C77%3A8432ot1lsi

love his smile !!!:sexywink: :heart:

Last edited:
is there anything more to the story you want or can share with the rest of us :sexywink:

I'm sure you know what you can or cannot share but you sure make us begging for more:drool: :bono: :bono:

Ps: when was this meeting? before or after the republican convention?

Last edited:
bonolady said:
Here a pic of Bono, driving away in his car after meeting us. This is the only pic I'm gonna post, out of respect for B, his family and the rest of the band (and their friends).

33%3B7786%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3C6%3A%3D975%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C77%3A8432ot1lsi

love his smile !!!:sexywink: :heart:

He looks great! :nod:

Thanks for sharing it with us and for respecting their privacy at the same time :)

okay now i can see it
sorry!! must have been a problem with my computer

indeed he looks great, sexy bono wave.... :drool:

Was he in that awesome Maserati that it was rumoured he just purchased? I love stories of him with his family--you are lucky to have met them.

bonolady said:
You're right BT, I know what you mean, and you do not upset me... We repected their privacy on the beach....we talked to their families as you talk to other parents you meet on the beach, we talked about the weather, the children, swimming in the sea....we NEVER talked to them about things which had to do with the band. And it was a coincidence we stayed there in France, as a travel agent I got an offer to stay in the hotel with my husband and children. I met him without his family and not on the beach...that made it more easier for me.

Thanks Bonolady I'm pleased that you understand what I meant. I wasnt trying to undermine your meeting in anyway.

Nice pic of Bono:drool:

By the way did he remember you??:wink:

Bono's Doll said:
Was he in that awesome Maserati that it was rumoured he just purchased? I love stories of him with his family--you are lucky to have met them.

I dont know if he has one in France as well but I've seen the Masaratiin Dublin, and a friend of ours has had a lift in it!!:ohmy:

Yes BT, he remembered !! He has a very good memory !I've been waiting for more than 20 years to meet him, and now...twice in a few months. Meeting him in France was on the 28th of August.

We also chatted with the Edge's father, he came up to us to talk about the weather and our girls etc. very nice man !

There were some fans on the beach who were wearing U2 stuff and who stood there staring at the balcony ALL the time and singing Desire all the time???!! On my last day I coldn't cope with it anymore and as I left I told them how rediculous they were behaving. (my husband didn't want me to do that...but I just felt I had to that.....)

He drives a BMW 6 serie convertable, new model, the Maserati, he drives in Dublin.:combust:

Last edited:
I thought he might!!
Sounds like you all had a great time, I wont tell my daughter as she still hasnt forgiven Bono for not coming out to see her in Dublin at the studios!!

I also waited over 20 years to meet him but I've more than made up for it now!!:wink: And I dont intend to stop at my 5 meetings either I have lots of catching up to do!!

Good for you telling those people on the beach I would have done exactly the same nice one!!

Oh yeah... we had a good time, and me, my husband and the girls enjoyed all of it, they even didn't want to mention band members names on the beach because it was not apropriate to do, so we had code names.

One day I was swimming with my oldest girl in the sea with an inflatable crocodile, Bono was walking an stood still and saw us swimming, we did not wave because we didn't want to look stupid. I fell of the crocodile, while watching Bono, must have looked stupid I guess !!

And ...I also told the fans on the beach that they would never have the chance to meet anyone of the band by acting so respectless.

And BT don't give up...your daughter is going to meet him in the future....I 'm sure !!!
:hug:

Last edited:
DESCRIBE THE NEW ALBUM!!! Please...
Go to "Where the album has no name" and post a review or something...
Do you recognize this titles or lyrics...
Vertigo(that for sure)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
All Because of You
Yahweh
Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table
A Man and a Woman

very nice of you bonolady to act normal. When we were there, we acted the same way, we were just laying on the beach and swimming in the sea as we did on any other beach.
there were also some fans who kept on looking to the balcony and took pictures of every possible corner of the house, they even looked inside where those white curtains are hanging. i was quite shocked but i didn't dare to say...

and c'mon singing their songs, how ridiculous can you be, like they would immediatly come out and congratulate you.. yeah right

so congrats with your meeting, you deserve it!! proficiat!!

I have a question...I have been a fan for 20 years still waiting for my chance meeting. I wouldn't be like the ones on the beach and I certainly would never want my first "chance" meeting to be with his family (I'd feel awful) but how do you give up the opportunity? I don't think I'd be able to speak a coherent sentence if I meet them. Especially Bono. How do you get them to come over? I figure my chance has to be coming, I have waited so patiently.

I am happy you have meet them. It sounds really cool and of course he looked great.

youtwohearts......if you will meet him, the stress is gone the moment he talks to you. Bono makes you feel relaxed. He is warm and friendly. He is always very interested in his fans. Be yourself......And if you have your moment ....ENJOY every minute of it !!

:heart:

About Morleigh:
She is a very warm person, she went swimming with their children in the sea and had fun with them !!!

Last edited:
Wow! Great story, thanks for sharing and for the pic. That is awesome that he remembered you from a past meeting!

bonolady said:

There were some fans on the beach who were wearing U2 stuff and who stood there staring at the balcony ALL the time and singing Desire all the time???!!

but this....what the....?!!! :uhoh: :coocoo:

bonolady said:
youtwohearts......if you will meet him, the stress is gone the moment he talks to you. Bono makes you feel relaxed. He is warm and friendly. He is always very interested in his fans. Be yourself......And if you have your moment ....ENJOY every minute of it !!

:heart:

About Morleigh:
She is a very warm person, she went swimming with their children in the sea and had fun with them !!!

Well I thank you and you guys will be the first to know when I do meet him. I did meet Paul but I don't count that.

no fans should approach any of the band if they are with their wives/partners and especially the children.

mmkay, i was seriously thinking about this at work the other day. at first i was like yeah thats so rude to bother bono while hes with his family. but then i started thinking about how some people go so long and never get the chance to even see him up close. (me being one of them)
so then i started swinging about the notion of ignoring my impulses to even just say hi to him if he was with his wife or kids. so i guess i agree that it sucks for him to have to deal with that when hes out and about with the family BUT (and this may sound a little braveheart:eyebrow: )
if you had that one chance in your whole life to just tell him how much he means to you wouldnt you take it knowing that it may never come again? im not saying asking for autographs or a picture, im saying just to shake his hand or say a few words that you can hang onto forever. thats what i decided i would end up doing if the opportunity came to me, which it never will anyway probably.

Great pic! :D:up:

bonolady said:

^^I really like his taste in cars! :drool: Mercedes, BMW, Maserati - Not bad, not bad at all! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom