Met Bono and Edge all 4 days! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Met Bono and Edge all 4 days!

Schmeg, ARW and I are back from the weekend and we had luck meeting Bono and/or Edge each day we were there. We got to the arena early on Saturday and ARW got a CD insert signed by Bono and I ended up getting a couple of good pics of him...

Then on Sunday we had dinner and had decided to kill some time before heading over the Hard Rock at Borders and after we left Borders we were walking by Borders when Amanda casually asked if that was Bono's security guy over on the other side of the road..which it was so we went over and found a few other fans there as well. We hung out a few minutes since there were cars and drivers obviously waiting for someone. Not much longer and Edge came walking out of the hotel. He was so sweet about taking pics and signing.

Here is me with him...

Schmeg getting her shirt signed...

The best part was when while I was waiting for Amanda to take the picture someone had handed him something to sign but no pen so he looked at Meg and asked "can I have that?" Meg pretty much looked like this and then he said "the pen".

I have more pics from Mon and Tues to post in a few!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:43 PM
Re: Met Bono and Edge all 4 days!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

The best part was when while I was waiting for Amanda to take the picture someone had handed him something to sign but no pen so he looked at Meg and asked "can I have that?" Meg pretty much looked like this and then he said "the pen".

Congrats guys

Old 05-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:43 AM

I'm so happy for you girls!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
On Monday we pretty much had a bite to eat and checked in her via an internet cafe and then went back over to the arena to try our luck again. Meg and I had cards that we wanted to get to Bono so that was pretty much our goal. We had a pretty good spot and as soon as Edge got out of the car he came right over to us and shook Amanda's hand and his grazed mine as he walked past. The film crew was there and there were a ton of them and then when Bono came out it got more chaotic and there were some people who had been in the back that ended up pushing their way up. I was within a foot of him but wasnt able to get his cards to him but again got some decent pics.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:43 AM
I suppose the answer to this question is obvious, but did Schmeg finally get her ATYCLB CD booklet signed by Bono?

I suddenly can't stop using the hyper smilie.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
I suppose the answer to this question is obvious, but did Schmeg finally get her ATYCLB CD booklet signed by Bono?

I suddenly can't stop using the hyper smilie.
No....it will still be carried around...we didnt get anything signed this time around. I carried the Peter and The Wolf book around all weeked so it is going to have to make a few more trips as well.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 05:43 PM
Hey!

Congrats to you all I am so pleased for you Karen I know how much you wanted to meet him!

Great pics!!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

The Bono pics from Monday....

Tuesday pics to come.....
Old 05-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's Tart
Hey!

Congrats to you all I am so pleased for you Karen I know how much you wanted to meet him!

Great pics!!
I was just thrilled to be that close to the man and to just hear his voice in person.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #10
Refugee

I want him over in the UK now you've all had him for far too long!!

Makes you want more though!!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:43 PM
Congrats girls!

And @ Kariann's face when Edge asked if he could have the pen.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #12
The Fly

Kariann,
Do you have any more shots from that angle in the top three photos? I see my son Hunter's head in them!
Thanks..now I will be able to prove to him in a few years that yes, he did meet Bono!
Lyzette
Old 05-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Saturday we got there early and ended up getting sunburnt waiting and Schmeg apparently got sunstroke since she started talking to the guy filming stuff for the DVD about the One campaign....Schmeg giving an impromtu PSA! The had put up barriers but people still ran over across the street which again made it chaotic when Bono showed up. He got out of the car and our side started to sing Happy Birthday and he turned around to listen...and flashed a peace sign and bowed. He made it to our side and I was able to give my card and Meg was behind me so he leaned over me and his arm brushed the top of my hat and I heard a something that sound like a kiss but had no idea what was going on since all I saw was his chest! I will let you find out the rest of that later!

I have more pics to share but I have to go eat some dinner and after days of muffin products and bagels I need some real food!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LMAusten
Kariann,
Do you have any more shots from that angle in the top three photos? I see my son Hunter's head in them!
Thanks..now I will be able to prove to him in a few years that yes, he did meet Bono!
Lyzette
I'm not sure if I do. ARW or Schmeg might. I know they have good pics too and will be posting them here later on.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I was just thrilled to be that close to the man and to just hear his voice in person.
That was just one of the best parts!

Niamh, that was actually my face, not Kariann's...she's the cool one and I'm the one that's like, "What? A famous person is actually addressing me?? "
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #16
Refugee

Bono chest that would do me!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #17
The Fly

Quote:

I'm not sure if I do. ARW or Schmeg might. I know they have good pics too and will be posting them here later on.
That would be so cool, thanks!
Your photos are great! It is a lot of fun to see everyone's snapshots from this week. It seems U2 has taken over Chicago.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Kariann has the story pretty well covered! I still can't believe we were so lucky every single day!

Some of my Saturday pictures:

Bono pulling up:

Talking to someone:
Old 05-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

I didn't get any Edge pictures Sunday night but that was so random...just good karma, being in the right place at the right time! My mother and brother have already made fun of me for the face when he asked for the Sharpie.

Some Monday pictures:

Paul McGuinness driving in...about to get carded by security:

That was actually really funny; there were all sorts of cars and delivery vans going in and out, but when Paul pulled up in the fancy-schmancy Towncar they carded just about everyone in it while all the fans yelled, "It's the band's manager! He's OK!!!"

Edge coming over to say Hi:

He's so sweet and quiet!!

More to come...
Old 05-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Thats wonderful!
What luck