Met Bono and Edge all 4 days!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:

I love all the pictures you took, but this one is just so awesome. I want it on my wall.

:applaud: Great job with the bow, April! We were in the lucky corner, between us randomly walking into Edge and Stories getting on stage TWICE!!!

I have to say I am very pleased with my pictures I got! The black and white avatar/sig theme will be over soon. :D

It was such a great weekend...not only meeting Bono and Edge and the kick ass shows but having a chance to hang out with everyone. Makes me love being a fan even more!

Anyway...the marker on my face...which isn't really part of the story but I mentioned it so I might as well finish with it.

After Bono moved on to the next person, I was twisted into this very odd position, with The Edge Sharpie in one hand and ATYCLB in the other. The Sharpie had been open the whole time, and I really wasn't in control of where my arms went as the crowd shifted. When he got back in the car, the crowd backed off, and Kariann turned around and started laughing at me because I'd written down my chin with the marker. :laugh: I really hope that happened AFTER the kiss!

Schmeg said:
Anyway...the marker on my face...which isn't really part of the story but I mentioned it so I might as well finish with it.

After Bono moved on to the next person, I was twisted into this very odd position, with The Edge Sharpie in one hand and ATYCLB in the other. The Sharpie had been open the whole time, and I really wasn't in control of where my arms went as the crowd shifted. When he got back in the car, the crowd backed off, and Kariann turned around and started laughing at me because I'd written down my chin with the marker. :laugh: I really hope that happened AFTER the kiss!

Maybe that is why you got the kiss...he thought poor girl has marker on her face.

Schmeg said:
Kariann has the story pretty well covered! I still can't believe we were so lucky every single day! :hyper:

Some of my Saturday pictures:

Bono pulling up:
3438%3A77523232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D323294%3B482696nu0mrj

Talking to someone:
3438%3A77523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A57%3A%3A92ot1lsi

That's the top of my mom's head. So bizarre in a good way!

kellyahern said:

Maybe he was trying to get the marker off. :wink:

oh darn, it was after he kissed you wasn't it? :( :lol:
I hope it was after he kissed me, anyway!! And if he had started trying to get it off my chin himself...I'm not sure how I would have reacted! :eeklaugh:

I'm a dork so here's a picture of my signed shirt and The Edge Sharpie:

3438%3A84723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A6734%3A9ot1lsi

:D

OH right of course!! :der:

:wink:

I told Jim of this exchange and he said, "Now Edge thinks you're a dumbass," and my reply was, "Yes but at least he THINKS of me!" :laugh:

The shirt and the pen are getting framed! :D

when I showed it to my mom, she read EVIL and not EDGE. :eyebrow:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Thanks, Meg! :D

You guys were so lucky this week - wanna come to Philly this weekend? :hmm: :lol:
Don't tempt me!! I need a job to pay for my little obession here!

Originally posted by Schmeg
The crowd, of course, moved forward as Bono came over, and I was standing literally on one toe on the curb, trying not to squish Kariann or fall over. I wanted my album sleeve signed, but there's time for that...I REALLY wanted to give him my birthday card, which included a simple thank-you. The crowd pushed forward and got more frantic as Bono got closer, but in my awkward Yoga-like position I got this sense of calm. As he came toward me I just started calling, "Happy birthday! Happy birthday, Bono!" and waved my card somewhere over Kariann's head.

Finally he looked over at me, looked me right in the eye, and I know he said thank you...but that's the last thing I remember hearing. He took my left hand...I thought just to shake it...and I squeezed his fingers and just said, "Thank you, thank you so much..." and then realized he was still looking me right in the eye and he hadn't let go of my hand. I felt like I was watching someone else as he pulled my hand in and kissed it.

:combust:

What a great story! Congratulations!

Bono was looking great and his smile is just so gorgeous...:love:

Kariann said:
More cropped and zoomed shots...

Here we are in the shades....I have the pink cowboy hat on...which is now going to every show on tour with me for luck! Schmeg is right above me.

3438%3A73923232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D6%3A8%3D9%3A5%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A58%3B684ot1lsi

Great stories and pics!!

Hey Kariann, I think you're standing right next to eep, on your left, (right side in the pic), well if my eyes don't deceive me anyhow .

Schmeg said:

:wink:

I told Jim of this exchange and he said, "Now Edge thinks you're a dumbass," and my reply was, "Yes but at least he THINKS of me!" :laugh:

:hmm: never thought of it like that before.

Great pics girls. I just love reading all about your ...adventures. Hope I have some of my own some day. Only been trying for 23 years!!! I can feel it though. This tour is going to be it!!! Think positive. :sigh: :sigh: I'm surprised we've had no Adam sightings. Not surprised about Larry...but Adam...where are u??? Has anyone seen him?

Here are a few more of Edge outside of the hotel and one of my favorite Bono pics that I took. :D I love the hat and hoodie look and this particular hat has the Vertigo target on the back :cute: It was an amazing experience all weekend and now that I've had some real food and a lot of sleep I'm very :hyper: about the whole thing! I can't stop looking at all of the pictures!!! :drool:

3438%3B49523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2323%3D94%3B%3D66%3A%3D323294%3B5797%3B4nu0mrj

3438%3B49523232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3232%3E85%3A%3E579%3E232385%3A66%3A6%3C7ot1lsi

3438%3B49523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232385%3A5297%3C%3Aot1lsi

Congrats girls!!! :D:up: You're so lucky!!! :happy:

Great stories :cute: ...and even greater pics! :combust:+:faint:

We need to get the boys to Europe soon! :yes: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom