Message to all the new girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
FIrst, welcome to all the new PLEBA girls who have joined recently! I haven't been posting here long myself, but I was reading this forum before that as many of you said you have. I have noticed that some of you are already trying to post pics and that is great! It's also cool that some of you have asked how to post pics and some have given you advice. I'm going to say this now once and for all to save a lot of you a lot of frustration:

There are certain websites which will not allow you to post their pics. If the website is hosted by the following, give it up:

1-Geocities
2-Tripod
3-Angelfire
4-XOOM

If you see one of those names in the pic's URL addy, it's not going to work so forget it. BUT......don't think your pics are lost or not able to be posted here, no, no, no! There is something you can do! Go to:
www.webshots.com and start a photo album. You can save pics from those unpostable sites on your computer and upload them to webshots where they will be given a new addy that IS postable here! Watch out though, it can be habit forming! I'm up to 12 albums now, all U2!

If you want to check out my collection go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

all my pics are postable here and yours will be too if you join webshots!

Welcome to PLEBA and good luck posting pics!If you have any more questions, post them here. Me or some other more tenured PLEBA girl will be glad to answer them for you.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

me too Kitten!! I like Webshots...I have so many albums out there now, I can barely keep up with myself!
smile.gif

disco

Originally posted by LuvLady:
But I don't have one of them scanner things so I'm screwed, right?

NO! You don't even need a scanner unless you want to post pics you took yourself! Here's what you do:
When you see a pic you like, either on PLEBA or somewhere else online, right click your mouse on it and then click 'save as.' It will save on your computer. Then when you go to webshots, you can upload all the pics you saved onto an album and your pics will be given an addy that is postable here! It will show you how to do it. Browse will bring up your pics you saved, then you can upload each one into your webshots album!

If you don't want to do the webshots thing you can still post pics this way:
Find a pic you like not on a website hosted by one of the names I mentioned in my first post as unuseable. Right click on the pic with your mouse, then click properties when it comes up. Highlight the URL addy with your mouse, then copy and paste it here (press control c to copy and control v to paste) and add the tags
at the end. That should work for you! m
wink.gif

Discoteque, I know what you mean! How many albums are you allowed to have? I'm up to 12 and it takes up a whole page but you have more! Is there no limit? I hope not!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Flavia! Your albums are cool! They have pics even I haven't seen before. Keep up the good work and have fun!
smile.gif

------------------

LuvLady, have you(or anyone else) tried this yet? Let me know if you got it working.

------------------

Here it is!!!! I remember seeing this and thinking what a good thing it was since 'how do you post pics' is always the first thing newbies ask while they are still a babyface. Everything you need to know is on this thread.

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

SamanthaPuff...girl..you don't know how much you've helped me...
I still find all of this confusing...
But I think I'll try that webshots thing...
So could I get pics off of my hard drive and save them in the webshots thing?
Lordy...could this be any more confusing?!?!
Thanx for "upping" this post...I think I'm going to have to read it over and over again to get it to sink in...LOL...
Cheers,
Rani

Yes, save the pics on the hard drive of your computer and then upload them on the site. You can also post them from other websites(not the ones mentioned that won't work) or old threads by right clicking on properties and copy and pasting here with the image tags.

*bump to help other girls

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Now I'm feeling like a complete idiot...
For some reason...nothing's working for me..
I keep on getting the little red x thing when I post the message...
Girls,
When you're posting your messages with pics, do you interrupt the message, go to webshots, pick the picture you want to use and then go back to your message?
I'm going to do that right now...
editPhotos.fcgi

And you'll see the picture never comes out for me!!!Help!I am sooo frustrated!!!

Hi mmmBono, I cam help you with this.. you are posting the address but of the page of webshots... here you have to post the address of where the pic is.. I will explain it to you..
smile.gif

When you are in the page seeing your photo, click in the right button of the mouse, and a menu will appear, click where says properties and you will see a part where says URL Select the address and that's which you will use to post your pic...

then to post it you just will have to type
but without spaces..

And to be sure that you URL is right, it has to end in .jpg, .gif, or .bmp

------------------
Winter Halcyon
www.u2mexico.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Winter Halcyon (edited 09-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Winter Halcyon (edited 09-30-2001).]

I hope it worked MMMBono! If you need more help just post here and we will help you!

Originally posted by Winter Halcyon:
Hi mmmBono, I cam help you with this.. you are posting the address but of the page of webshots... here you have to post the address of where the pic is.. I will explain it to you..
smile.gif

When you are in the page seeing your photo, click in the right button of the mouse, and a menu will appear, click where says properties and you will see a part where says URL Select the address and that's which you will use to post your pic...

then to post it you just will have to type
but without spaces..

And to be sure that you URL is right, it has to end in .jpg, .gif, or .bmp

Okay...Winter...thank you a million times over...for some reason...when I'm using the webshots thing, highlighting the URL doesn't work for me(as does the copy and pasting thing!!)
But you just made it all SO MUCH CLEARER...
Let me try this now...
Once again...muchas smoochas to Winter!!!
biggrin.gif

XY11340.jpg

I hope this works....
Love Rani

BEAUTIFUL pic Rani, sorry my directions didn't work for you. Congratulations on being able to post, I am sure you'll populate PLEBA with hot Bono pics for us! Don't forget the Bono LEATHER meetings!
smile.gif

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
BEAUTIFUL pic Rani, sorry my directions didn't work for you. Congratulations on being able to post, I am sure you'll populate PLEBA with hot Bono pics for us! Don't forget the Bono LEATHER meetings!
smile.gif

Oh no..U2Kitten!!!
You're directions were fine!!
I'm just a massive computer dumbass!!!
For some reason, any time I have to copy&paste, 8 times out of 10 it doesn't work for me....
Right now the only way I can post the pics is by physically typing out the URL rather than copying and pasting...
Yes..I know..I know...I am a MORON...LOL!!
But much thanx to you too for posting this thread...
You have NO IDEA how much you've helped the newbies here...
((((U2Kitten))))
Luv Rani
biggrin.gif

MMMBono, sometimes it's the keys on your keyboard when the copy and paste doesn't work, maybe it's not you! Anyway, I'm glad to see you posting!

Ok, that pic above, the really completely hot one of Bono with the red about his waist and the blue vest? And the gorgeous long silky dark hair?

:Sherry pauses to remember what she was saying:

Oh yeah. Anyone else here seen the musical Les Miserables? Remember Enjorlas, the one who sang Do You Hear the People Sing? Bono totally looks like Enjorlas in that one. He'd sing the crap outta that song, too.

Anyway, carry on.
biggrin.gif

SD

Back
Top Bottom