MERGED --> The bonosapian research + Bono's DNA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onekea

Refugee
The bonosapian research

I didn't know gluey & co. had already come to some interesting results during their research on the bonosapian. here the outcome published today, I thought it could be interesting and funny:

U2 star enjoys a different sort of homecoming.
By Anne-Marie Walsh
Saturday November 17 2007

BONO has had a sort of homecoming after submitting his DNA for a pioneering test.
The U2 frontman underwent an analysis of his genetic material in order to trace his ancestral heritage back to the earliest civilisations.
The 'National Geographic' Geneographic home test kit showed that the singer's ancestors settled in Viking country -- Scandinavia -- having originally travelled from Africa.
Based on an analysis of his DNA, a map was drawn up showing the migration patterns of his matrilineal and patrilineal ancestors.
Investigators discovered that the Dublin singer's ancestors migrated out of Africa to Europe.
A spokesperson for the famous magazine said Bono's results were bound to have meant a lot to the 'Make Poverty History' campaigner, who has long had an affinity with Africa.
©independent.ie

:shifty:

Bono's DNA

An interesting little item from today's Irish Independent:

U2 star enjoys a different sort of homecoming

By Anne-Marie Walsh
Saturday November 17 2007

BONO has had a sort of homecoming after submitting his DNA for a pioneering test.

The U2 frontman underwent an analysis of his genetic material in order to trace his ancestral heritage back to the earliest civilisations.

The 'National Geographic' Geneographic home test kit showed that the singer's ancestors settled in Viking country -- Scandinavia -- having originally travelled from Africa.

Based on an analysis of his DNA, a map was drawn up showing the migration patterns of his matrilineal and patrilineal ancestors.

Investigators discovered that the Dublin singer's ancestors migrated out of Africa to Europe.

A spokesperson for the famous magazine said Bono's results were bound to have meant a lot to the 'Make Poverty History' campaigner, who has long had an affinity with Africa.

:shrug: Don't see one anywhere, but please forgive my lapse.

(I really hate "Biffy" by the way. In my country it's slang for the outhouse.)

:eyebrow: I could have said that conclusion without the DNA but I would love to be the one that takes the sample from his mouth :nerd: :drool: then I would know that all my years studying Biology are worth it :drool:

MooMoo! said:
Soz, biff then. ;)

http://forum.interference.com/t181710.html

although "bonos DNA" is a better title IMO. I had no idea thats what it was about when I clicked it.

Agreed on the title there. I thought this "Bonosapian" business was the subject of a recurring thread in PLEBANS, with various members having different "research" positions or some such silliness. No wonder I didn't spot it, LOL! (And "biffers" is OK.)

It's interesting that this makes no mention of any Middle Eastern roots, as Bono was pretty sure (and happy) that he was partly Jewish.

Back
Top Bottom