MERGED --> Pics of Adam's braces?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgespet

Refugee
Pics of Adam's braces?

My son just found out today that he's going to have to get braces and he's upset about it. I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can find some pics of Adam where his braces are visible. I know I've seen one or two out here somewhere, but I can't remember where. My son adores Adam and I think it would help him feel a lot better to see that his role model has worn braces too. Thanks so much!

cap295.jpg

You need to add me to Livejournal so I can comment on your entries. :mad:

adam had braces??? :eek: i had no idea! there's nothing wrong with that, of course, i just didn't know... thought his teeth looked great on this tour, but assumed it was teeth whitening and/or porcelain veneers.

tell your son not to worry too much- only the cool kids have braces. :wink:

*Ally* said:

tell your son not to worry too much- only the cool kids have braces. :wink:

You know it, I had braces for a year, they've been been off ages and my teeth are nice and straight - I never knew Adam had braces either, I reckon it'd be horrid getting them when you're like 40... jeez.

yeah, much better to have them when you're a teenager- as tons of other kids have them, too. i had braces when i was 13- the clear kind (they didn't stay clear for long, though!). didn't really like having them, but as soon as they were off i was SO glad i did. the end result is totally worth it. :up:

headgear, on the other hand, is another story entirely... :no: :wink:

Souly said:
cap295.jpg

You need to add me to Livejournal so I can comment on your entries. :mad:

That's great, Souly! Thank you! *Sheepish look* Actually, I thought that I had added you a long time ago, but looking over my friends list now, I see that I didn't. Going to remedy that right now!! :hug:

Edgespet said:

That's great, Souly! Thank you! *Sheepish look* Actually, I thought that I had added you a long time ago, but looking over my friends list now, I see that I didn't. Going to remedy that right now!! :hug:

:kiss:

Let's hope your son doesn't worry too much. Over here braces are very popular. Every kid wants them! :)

You can see his braces in this pic too:

jra6gk.jpg

Bibien said:
Let's hope your son doesn't worry too much. Over here braces are very popular. Every kid wants them! :)

You can see his braces in this pic too:

jra6gk.jpg

Yay!! Thank you! Obviously, it's been a while since I was in school, but from what I've seen with my own kids, it does seem like a lot of the stigma of having braces is gone & now it's cool. Or hip. Or whatever the word is they're using now! What a gorgeous pic! Thank you!!

Edgespet said:

it does seem like a lot of the stigma of having braces is gone & now it's cool. Or hip. Or whatever the word is they're using now! What a gorgeous pic! Thank you!!

Yep, my friends son has braces and now everybody in his class wants them, because you can have them in different colours. He has chosen braces in the colours of his favourite football team :huh: :D
So, it's pretty cool for the kids! :up:

He has braces? Didn't know that... but he's still the coolest man in rock'n'roll. And he's starting to be a hot'un too. That's it. The whole set now. First it was jus' Bono being oh so sexy. Then Larry. Then Edge and now Adam. But Bono's still the hottest. Then it's Edge. Cos he's so sweet and adorable. OK, getting off topic here.

I've never worn braces, but they don't look bad on Adam. And neither on my mates that have got them. Your son shouldn't be too worried now he's seen Ads with them on. And it's cool that your son has Adam as his roll model. When I have kids, I'm gonna beat U2 into them. Of course, not literally. But I'll play them when they're young then stop for a while, wait for them to start liking music, me it crap or not, and then, when the crap music subsides, U2 will release a great song and they'll be round at a friend's house, listening to the song and immediately become obsessed with U2. That's what happened to me. When they released Vertigo.

Total U2 Nut said:

You know it, I had braces for a year, they've been been off ages and my teeth are nice and straight - I never knew Adam had braces either, I reckon it'd be horrid getting them when you're like 40... jeez.
:yes:
I have braces at the moment,& I am so cool :giggle:
:adam:

*Ally* said:
yeah, much better to have them when you're a teenager- as tons of other kids have them, too. i had braces when i was 13- the clear kind (they didn't stay clear for long, though!). didn't really like having them, but as soon as they were off i was SO glad i did. the end result is totally worth it. :up:

headgear, on the other hand, is another story entirely... :no: :wink:

ugh, headgear hurt (especially if you didn't wear them every night like you were supposed too and then started wearing them again :reject: )

but don't tell your son that, Edgespet :shifty:

you know, in the HTAAB vids, I kept wondering "what's with adam's teeth, they look so bad, maybe it's all the smoking?" but I guess it was the bad lighting, so now I feel bad because it was the exact opposite! :reject:

Big props to Adam for getting braces in his 40's!! :up: :heart: :adam: :heart: :up:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

ugh, headgear hurt (especially if you didn't wear them every night like you were supposed too and then started wearing them again :reject: )

oh yeah, headgear was the worst! i used to wear it to bed, but then i'd always wake up halfway through the night and just pull it off. :reject: ooops. :wink:

kellyahern said:

Lol! Not a word to him! Although the headgear actually didn't bother me as much as the retainer afterwards did. I've got an unusually sensitive gag reflex & absolutely could NOT wear my upper retainer. Hopefully, that's not something Connor's inherited from me!

Did Bono have braces at some stage?

In some of the early photo's his teeth look pretty crooked, but now they're pretty and straight. I don't think there are any pictures of him with braces, but maybe he got those extra special, extra expensive ones that go behind your teeth.

^:hmm: Don't have an idea, but if someone has, please share it! Very interesting....new fashion trend for the band from the officially poshest member! :wink:

Anyway, I didn't notice it either on the Bomb DVD, but I did notice his accent even more adorable...! So that's the secret behind it!

I keep my fingers crossed for your son to ease about his new "jewels"!...

Meghan said:
Did Bono have braces at some stage?

In some of the early photo's his teeth look pretty crooked, but now they're pretty and straight. I don't think there are any pictures of him with braces, but maybe he got those extra special, extra expensive ones that go behind your teeth.

I'd been thinking the same thing, that he might've had those, round about 2002 or so, around that time I was thinking that his lips/mouth moved a bit strangely and sometimes his speech would be a bit sibilant.

kellyahern said:

OMG Headgear was the worst! I had the works my friends. Braces, head gear, neck gear, those elastic things you put around the hooks on the braces plus retainers after that. That was a fun...4 years I think it was. Luckily I only had to wear head gear and neck gear when I was sleeping!

Back
Top Bottom