MERGED --> OMG! Bono and Ali at Saks 5th Avenue! + More EDUN Pics from Saks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheBrazilianFly said:

Longer hair!! :rockon:

Please let it grow a little more on the end. :hyper:

:up: :happy: Yes!

He looks gorgeous! This is the hottest he's been since 1993, I mean it! If only he'd do without the shades sometimes! Just a peek over top of them and I'm swooning! :cute:

U2Kitten said:

:up: :happy: Yes!

He looks gorgeous! This is the hottest he's been since 1993, I mean it! If only he'd do without the shades sometimes! Just a peek over top of them and I'm swooning! :cute:

I think that's what got me, too. The over-the-shades look. 16 hours later, and I still can't stop staring at it. The man is too beautiful for words...*sigh*

Not recent, I know...but on topic...
This pic gets me *every* time..:drool:
bonoglassesslippingstare.jpg

This is gonna be a good tour. I am concerned, based on his treatment of his new jeans, that we might be seeing the beginning stages of COP (a natural advance of COS). We'll have to pay very close attention, ladies...

very true:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
simply a matter of time.....:D

Thanks a million for all of these FANTASTIC pics!!

I :heart: the one of him peeking over the top of the shades! That is definitely my fav out of these! I'm foaming at the mouth with excitement about seeing Bono look like this in the flesh, oh my!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: That leather jacket looks stunning on him!

Ali looks absolutely gorgeous in her black blouse! Love the look!

:madspit: to those uppity Saks salesgirls!! It's really terrible when they treat people like that at stores such as Saks!

While i think those sizes are crazy, i think it's totally brilliant what Ali is doing with Edun! Go Ali! :up: I too hope the prices may come down! :wink:

This was posted earlier but I thought it's worth mentioning again. There's a video of the Edun launch on the BBC News site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Type 'Bono' in the search box and the video link will be on the right of the page. They show Bono speaking at the press conference. I'm not sure how long the clip will stay on their site but it is there now if you want to check it out.

I can't watch the video.:(
It writes that "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users only.".:(

youtwohearts said:
I'm sorry but I was at Sak's yesterday and these clothes are far from moderatly priced. The jeans are $170.00 a tank top was $80.00 and a mini jean skirt was $110.00 (that you can purchase anywhere) There was a denim shirt for $312.00. That seems high to me.

It is Saks, you can't expect inexpensive items to be sold at their stores. I had a friend who worked there and she would hook me up with some really good deals. Best time of the year to hit them is right after Christmas.

riderka said:
I can't watch the video.:(
It writes that "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users only.".:(

That's weird. I'm not in the UK (at least last time I checked!) and I was able to view it. Strange.

Someone mentioned quite a a few pages back that Katie Couric was there.. Which means she should have a special report on the Today show on Monday.. I would think? anyway, I'm checking it out tomorrow morning to see if there's any mention of it.:wink:

Edited to say: As usual, Great pics everyone. :applaud:

Last edited:
thank you, everyone, who is posting these ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS pics of Bono and Ali at the launch of EDUN yesterday at Saks. :yes:

I'm almost certain that the girl in that one pic WAS Eve - it looked just like her.

Ali has the gift of Grace to be able to embrace so warmly women like Turlington, Naomi Campbell and others who have been "associated" with her husband and the band over the years.
Her completely heartfelt embrace of Christy really impressed me.

And no thread of Bono pics would be complete without one of him biting his thumb and, of course, letting us all see his tongue. :lol:

Thanks especially for those. :combust:

I ordered probably my only EDUN piece today (most of the clothing is simply out of my price range).

It's the EDUN t-shirt for $58. I shudder to think about spending $58 for a t-shirt, but I did this time to support the principle of FAIR TRADE that is behind EDUN.

Here's what my $58 t-shirt will look like:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...D=1110674966663

With S & H and state taxes, I will end up paying over $70 for this t-shirt!

I really like and admire the Hewsons enough that I spent nearly 2/3 of my daily wage on one of their t-shirts. :bow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my computer is messing up right now - sorry

:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom