Merged ----> Newsflash: U2 seen filming video today... + ELECTRICAL STORM VIDEO PICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Latest report:

August 22, 2002
U2achtung.com reports that Bono and Larry met with fans on the beach of Eze during a break of the filming of U2's new video
Wednesday afternoon. Having completed several scenes during the afternoon, Larry indicated to the fans that the "real" filming
would begin later that evening.

Around 9 p.m., a fireworks show was seen in the sky over Bono's home to honor Bono and Ali's twentieth wedding anniversary.
There were a large number of security guards surrounding the home, preventing fans from seeing too much of the video shoot.
Part of the set was visible from a distance; the other was protected by a wall surrounding the home.

U2achtung.com staff could hear the song being played for the filming. They describe it as a "magnificent song that begins slowly
and ends with a roar." It was played repeatedly.

During the shooting, fans could see Paul McGuiness, Ali, Morleigh, Ann, Jordan, and Eve watching the filming of the video. Paul
McGuinness approached the fans and asked that no one take photos of the filming.

The video shoot went on through the night, with the band taking only a few breaks of no longer than 5 minutes.

Around 1 a.m., a small number of fans were allowed to move closer to the set, where they could actually see the band. Bono wore
a black leather jacket and sunglasses. The Edge wore a white cowboy hat, t-shirt, and jeans. Adam and Larry were dressed "as
usual." Bono was visibly exhausted, but took the time to acknowledge the fans with a wave. When the band wrapped up the
video shoot, Adam came over and spoke to the fans briefly.

Read U2achtung.com's report (in French) at http://www.u2achtung.com

heheheh....

Tabby said:
Latest report:

Paul
McGuinness approached the fans and asked that no one take photos of the filming.

The video shoot went on through the night, with the band taking only a few breaks of no longer than 5 minutes.

The Edge wore a white cowboy hat, t-shirt, and jeans.Read

These are my thoughts about the points shown above......

1. HEHEheh, it's a good thing I wasn't there. No pictures my :censored:!!! :evil: :macdevil: :mac: I would have snuck in the spy camera that looks like a beeper:up:

2. AHhh, the guys are working so hard......taking short breaks :love: :heart::cute:

3. Edge wearing a cowboy hat.........Like that's a big shock:der:
Teheeee!!!! Ride em' Edgie!!!!!

Re: heheheh....

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

These are my thoughts about the points shown above......

1. HEHEheh, it's a good thing I wasn't there. No pictures my :censored:!!! :evil: :macdevil: :mac: I would have snuck in the spy camera that looks like a beeper:up:

Ha! I wish you'd been there, I'm dying to see pics! Maybe someone had a long zoom lens, or maybe there will be pics of the fan meetings after the shoot that have things in the background. It's the way the guys look that I'm most interested in! I think the fireworks were so sweet! Maybe they'll be pics of the anniversary celebration!

She must be playing the mermaid..

http://www.irishecho.com
August 22, 2002
From The Irish Echo:

Morton to act up a 'Storm' in U2 video
By Eileen Murphy

This thought occurred to us recently when we heard that U2 has hired actress Samantha Morton to appear in the video for their
new single, "Electric Storm." The 25-year-old Morton, who starred as the main, waterlogged oracle opposite Tom Cruise and
Colin Farrell in "Minority Report," will pose in a series of "sexy and seductive scenes" in the video, according to the Sunday
World. We think this is fine, as long as they cast Colin as well. Or at least, get Larry Mullen Jr. to show a little skin . ( :drool: :D )

Samantha-I thought she was very good in Minority Report, and she was nominated for an Oscar in 2000 for Sweet And Lowdown

fcs_JY26_2_35.jpg

:yes: Good Lord I am so incredibly excited! After reading this thread i'm about ready to pee in my pants! J/K, I won't....come to think of it, when that video and song hit the airwaves, maybe i should invest in some diapers...what am i talking about?:shrug:

Pictures, pictures!!!! The making of the video!

Thanks to @U2.com

elecstorm1.jpg

elecstorm2.jpg

elecstorm3.jpg

elecstorm4.jpg

elecstorm5.jpg

Life of Eze? Not for hard working U2

Evening Herald, August 23, 2002

Dave Kenny

Late august and the South of France is heaving with holidaymakers, kicking back and enjoying the sweltering heat.

All over Le Midi suntan oil being applied, ice buckets are being filled and the great Gallic summer holiday has banished all thoughts of work to mid-September.

Except one small corner of the Cote d'Azur - Eze sur Mer - where the hardest working rock band in the world (and a mermaid) are slaving over a hot camera, putting together the video for their next single, Electrical Storm.

The shoot directed by veteran photographer and filmmaker Anton Corbijn - is heavy on the pyrotechnics, not least those exhibited by heart-throb Larry as he gets to grips with a gorgeous mermaid, played by Hollywood actress Samantha Morton.

Filming on the seafront at Eze sur Mer dragged on from 6am on Wednesday to 3am yesterday [Thursday] and Dublin's Evening Herald photographer Kyran O'Brien was on hand to snap these exclusive pictures of the lads at work.

It proves that life as a rock star is not all lolling about on sun loungers by the pool. However, the U2 crew and their partners still know how to relax and after shooting finished and the rushes had been perused, they put on their glad rags and jetted off to Caroline Corr's wedding in Majorca, where they are currently....Staring at The Sun.

NicaMom said:
In the 3rd pic Ali is holding a little boy, you can also see him in the 4th one, could that be Larry's son?
In the last pic it looks like Anton next to The Edge.
Morleigh looks :shocked: looking at the monitor, I want to see too!

I wonder if it's Larry's bebecito!!?!?!??!
COOOLNESSSS!!! :shifty:

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I want to see the video!!!
Morleigh does look :shocked: !!!!
I wonder what it is!!!?!?!?
MUST KNOW:banghead:.........CAN'T WAIT!!:eek: :eek:

ELECTRIC STORM VIDEO PICCIES, WOOOHOOOOOOOO

Late august and the south of France is heaving with holidaymakers, kicking back and enjoying the sweltering heat.

All over Le Midi suntan oil being applied, ice buckets are being filled and the great Gallic summer holiday has banished all thoughts of work to mid-September.

Except one small corner of the Cote d'Azur -- Eze sur Mer -- where the hardest working rock band in the world (and a mermaid) are slaving over a hot camera, putting together the video for their next single, "Electrical Storm."

The shoot directed by veteran photographer and filmmaker Anton Corbijn -- is heavy on the pyrotechnics, not least those exhibited by heart-throb Larry as he gets to grips with a gorgeous mermaid, played by Hollywood actress Samantha Morton.

Filming on the seafront at Eze sur Mer dragged on from 6 a.m. on Wednesday to 3 a.m. yesterday [Thursday] and Dublin's Evening Herald photographer Kyran O'Brien was on hand to snap these exclusive pictures of the lads at work.

It proves that life as a rock star is not all lolling about on sun loungers by the pool. However, the U2 crew and their partners still know how to relax and after shooting finished and the rushes had been perused, they put on their glad rags and jetted off to Caroline Corr's wedding in Majorca, where they are currently...Staring at The Sun.

elecstorm1.jpg

elecstorm2.jpg

elecstorm3.jpg

elecstorm4.jpg

elecstorm5.jpg

WWWOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Is this their new video? I need to see more but I'm disappointed. They're all dressed like bums except for Bono, his outfit is cool. But his hair, what happened?? It looked so good in those studio pics a couple weeks ago but now it's all gone but the frizzy stuff on top? It doesn't look good at all. His face looks kind of haggard. Sorry to be so negative but this was so disappointing. I'm in a bad mood because someone broke a date with me :( I have been looking forward to this video, but now, oh well.:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom