MERGED--> Keane's Tom Chaplin: I Wanted To Kill Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the thread doesn't exist anymore because the mods have merged it with this one.. it's the first message of this thread...

Oh, please...the guy is obviously joking.

I'm not crazy about Keane's music, but no one in the band exactly strikes me as the crazy, murdering psycho type. And they must really like Bono and U2 or they never would have done a cover of With or Without You.

Aye man, Keane are good. I'm not obsessed with them or owt, but can't some people take a joke? He's blatantly joking! I remember reading about it in Q (I get Q every month, part of my Christmas presents, cuz it's better than shitty Kerrang!) and it amused me. Heh heh heh. And I bought two Bill Bailey DVDs, because he's simply brilliant. On Part Troll, there is that bit where he takes the piss out of U2's 'overuse' of effects. Oh, it's just hilarious. I mean he's being Edge (he's showing what a disaster would be at a U2 gig), playing a U2-esque song and then there's a power failure and the effects turn off, and there's Bill/Edge playing Jingle Bells underneath. A roadie comes on, Bill's looking bewildered (as ever) and the roadie plugs it all back in and it's back to U2-esque song. It's just Bill, he's so fucking funny! Anyways, yes... This should be about Tom Chaplin. Aye, he's great.

^aye as has been said.....it was just a joke...I doubt he has any real desire to kill Bono, Keane in general love U2...and the person saying Tom has a mental illness because of it:eyebrow:

Do you take everything Bono says seriously?

ACK!! and i just bought their CD and liked it, now all i'll think of is the guy killing Bono, lmao. actually I think it's kinda funny. I mean it's not like he'd actually kill Bono, maybe he was just jealous. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom