MERGED--> Is Bono looking his age???? + Oks, question for saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
Is Bono looking his age????

Sorry to say but I just looked at the pictures from the Summit and he looks older. His scruff is a little longer and he doesn't look as good as normal. I know I'm going to get bashed for this but I think the man is showing his true age.

well when he laughs he looks younger I think, but when he starts getting serious and stuff... maybe a little
and I know the scruff makes him look older, but still I love it and want him to keep it:drool: (sadly I am the only person with that opinion.. well besides Bono I hope)
and he looks a bit tired... probably lack of sleep... come to think of it, I can't even remember how he looks freshly shaven! I can't imagine a single picture of the Vertigo era atm without some scruff.... I think it became part of his 'image' ... :D

Yah. He is showing his age these days. But that's no bad thing; he's supposed to look 45. Now if only he could be convinced to quit dying his hair..

Devlin said:
Yah. He is showing his age these days. But that's no bad thing; he's supposed to look 45. Now if only he could be convinced to quit dying his hair..

Noooooooooooooooooooo I like it dark!! :wink:

Yah, well, truthfully, so do I. I just wonder what it looks like sans color. He can go back to dying it after we get a look at it, yes?

Alternative: He could look like Mick Jagger. Who isn't /that/ much older. I think, anyway. :hide:

Re: Is Bono looking his age????

youtwohearts said:
Sorry to say but I just looked at the pictures from the Summit and he looks older. His scruff is a little longer and he doesn't look as good as normal. I know I'm going to get bashed for this but I think the man is showing his true age.

If he cut his hair, shaved his facial hair and stopped wearing the red sunglasses and hat he'd be fine. He's been dressing like a slob these days. I figure if you are at a summit or something that's kind of important don't you want to look your best? Honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's still a handsome guy but he needs a new stylist or something.

We'll both be bashed! :happy:

Yes I would say so. Although he still has that boyish grin that just lights up his whole beautiful face, which I just love lines, scruff and all!!! And his still has a beautiful head of hair., especially when he lets his natural red colour grow. I think his dress sense is just fine. Especially thoughs lovely leather jackets he wears!!:drool:

Last edited:
No one will get bashed for voicing their opinions..:lol: :lol: It's what we're here for. :hug:

Regarding The B, well, in my opinion, yes, sometimes he does look his age but then we all get 'shite look days' and we don't have to be 45 to suffer them! And anyways, sometimes it's just too much effort to try to look good all the time. Besides, he's a man.. *cough* and men haven't got that 'got to make an effort before I go out' streak in them. Regarding the hair, yeah, I wish he'd stop dying it too. I'm sure his natural colour is much better but then I guess he's been used to dying it for so long, it'd feel odd to him to go 'natural'. Maybe he thinks that if he doesn't dye it, he won't look as good - I think his people should tell him that he would. I'm sure we'd all love and drool over him just the same.

As for the facial hair - I love it!!! Ack..I am so shallow..hee hee..but I do. I think it's lovely. At least I do if it's shaped properly like Edge does his. I don't go for the 'unshaven' look simply because a guy can't be bothered havin' a shave...

In conclusion then: The B is still gorgeous at 45. Maybe a little past his sell by date but then for me he's still totally delish.

Long may The B reign...:drool: :drool: :drool:

Bono looks good for 45, goin on 46 I'd say. If he were to cut his hair to the Beautiful Day Video length (or whatever it is on the ATYCLB photoshoot) and shaved the scurff he'd look alot younger.

I'm a dude though so my opinion is when he looks coolest, and as far as im concerned he looks pretty cool all the time. he has to lose some weight though LOL.

I LOVE the way he looks these days and in the Summit photos I think he looks just great. Haha yes we who are the same age as the boys are getting older right along with them. I think they are aging beautifully though, every one of them. So to answer the original question...? Yes he's looking his age and I'm glad of it! Any 45 year old man should be happy to look like he does! I'll take the guys just the way they are! :)

Finally a fellow scrufflover :D
also, if you think when Bono stops dying his hair the natural reddish brown grows back... dream on ^^
our man already has white hair... well the beginning of it at least..
see here, 2004 ... note the beginnings of his hair... :cute:
I really LOVE this picture by the way... great smile he has there :drool:
bonogoofysmilepennysilvaniauni.jpg

Sting said:
Bono looks good for 45, goin on 46 I'd say. If he were to cut his hair to the Beautiful Day Video length (or whatever it is on the ATYCLB photoshoot) and shaved the scurff he'd look alot younger.

I'm a dude though so my opinion is when he looks coolest, and as far as im concerned he looks pretty cool all the time. he has to lose some weight though LOL.

Ahhh but he can't lose the weight until he can exercise again and he can't do that until his back gets better, and well it can't get better until he "tames" down a little..... and I certainly wouldn't wish that on him. ;)

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/url...on&author=Jon+Pareles,+John+Darnton,+and+Bono

:giggle:

Last edited:
B is still gorgeous--when he tilts his head in the OOTS video and shows that perfect jawline of his-I go crazy. Me & B about the same age--you might say we have grown up together. :drool: :drool: :drool: & double :drool: :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
B is still gorgeous--when he tilts his head in the OOTS video and shows that perfect jawline of his-I go crazy. Me & B about the same age--you might say we have grown up together. :drool: :drool: :drool: & double :drool: :drool:

and that neck!!! :drool:
also Bonocomet... well, he did gave a few girls piggybackrides... so I think the tour helped to recover his back a bit :wink:

Here's my 2 cents :p

Bono has a boyish face and an even boyish smile- as mentioned earlier, it lights up his face. Sometimes I want to toss the glasses down a deep hole because certain styles make him look years older than he is.

Sometimes he looks a bit tired and of course that ages any one of us. Sometimes his hair is a bit mussed or matted down and he can look a bit older then.

Bono is always in the spotlight and always in pictures. There are bound to be pix of him where he looks his age or aged. And, of course, he's not always in the best lighting.

Overall, I think Bono is aging very well. He is more beautiful up close than in pictures!! :drool: His skin is smooth and his freckles!! :drool:

It could be that I'm biased. He is an adorably sweet man. Charming and sexy. That, I'm sure, helps me overlook some of his more :crazy: days.

I hope he never does the face pull/lift!!! I want him to age. I can't stand those guys that have plastic surgery and they don't even look like themselves anymore.

Bono is Fine he can turn 80 and I would still find him attractive..He is eternal:heart:

2ff2bc9a.jpg

Devlin said:
Yah, well, truthfully, so do I. I just wonder what it looks like sans color. He can go back to dying it after we get a look at it, yes?

Alternative: He could look like Mick Jagger. Who isn't /that/ much older. I think, anyway. :hide:

Mick Jagger is 62, which is just a bit older than Bono. :wink:
And they are men, not boys.

bonocomet said:

Ahhh but he can't lose the weight until he can exercise again and he can't do that until his back gets better, and well it can't get better until he "tames" down a little..... and I certainly wouldn't wish that on him. ;)

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/url...on&author=Jon+Pareles,+John+Darnton,+and+Bono

:giggle:

Ohhh, i thought it was the other way around. I thought it was : My back has been hurting because I am overweight... not the other way around.

Poor B-man. He will get better though.

Back
Top Bottom