MERGED--> Is Bono looking his age???? + Oks, question for saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono Mot said:
In the above Pop Bono picture, I would really, really like to know what he has in his shirt pocket!

Unrelated, but funny: This little repairman (I say "little" because he looked 12, but turned out to be 23 upon interrogation -- goes to show age doesn't mean squat) came by the house today and pointed at the pic of Bono on Rolling Stone, which happens to be on the refrigerator, and he said, "I wanna look like that when I grow up!" Bless. I wish he could, but, alas, there's only one Bono. :wink:

When he "grows up?" Isn't he already a grown up at 23?

Bono Mot said:
In the above Pop Bono picture, I would really, really like to know what he has in his shirt pocket!

Unrelated, but funny: This little repairman (I say "little" because he looked 12, but turned out to be 23 upon interrogation -- goes to show age doesn't mean squat) came by the house today and pointed at the pic of Bono on Rolling Stone, which happens to be on the refrigerator, and he said, "I wanna look like that when I grow up!" Bless. I wish he could, but, alas, there's only one Bono. :wink:

There is a young man (college age) who works at the service desk at the supermarket who looks very much like Bono did at about 20. :wink:

Carmelu2fan said:
Awesome photos! He looks amazing!!

You are welcome, TY..here is one more:wink:
2a1094a6.jpg
[/B][/QUOTE]

OH WOW! I agree this has got to be THE BEST photo of POP Bono!! :up: I'd seen a smaller version of it, but this size I love it even more! WOW........WOW.... ok, better stop wowwing.........

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Carmel!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :bow:

BTW I also think that is a small cigar box in his pocket. Tsk Tsk Bono .........

Heh. No one said you should 'let yourself go' just because you're no longer in your twenties. YehRight. It just annoys the hell out of me when I see women running for the dye just because they got a silly gray hair. Dye your hair because you wonder what you'd look like blond, not because you want to hide a gray hair. Or you're trying to compete with the under-thirty crowd. That sickens me.
And, seriously, Adam looks a hell of a lot sexier nowthan he did before. He's got a lot of dignity in his carriage now. THat gray hair doesn't detract from his looks one iota - it actually enhances them. Same with that pick of Bono with the white streak in his hair. Looked nice. Looked cool.

And, just as an aside, methinks Bono has never really cared whether he looked hot or not, truthfully. I think he just likes his hair dark rather than light. He'll always be about sixteen mentally, anyway. :grin:

Bono looks amazing because whatever beauty he has inside of him ooozes to the outside. the chin and baby blues dont hurt either! I would like to see him keep his look now, just don't go blonde or pop buzz!:huh:

No matter how old Bono gets he will always remain young at heart,and thats what counts.:)

Plus he is only 5 years older than me,so he doesnt seem that old! LOL

Ok Ok all this talk of how close everyone is to Bono's age, or not, made me think, well Edge and I were only born 45 days apart (him being the younger of us)..... Anyone here get any closer to any one of the guys then that? I'm sure there's someone... Tell us! :)

Devlin said:
Heh. No one said you should 'let yourself go' just because you're no longer in your twenties. YehRight. It just annoys the hell out of me when I see women running for the dye just because they got a silly gray hair. Dye your hair because you wonder what you'd look like blond, not because you want to hide a gray hair. Or you're trying to compete with the under-thirty crowd. That sickens me.
And, seriously, Adam looks a hell of a lot sexier nowthan he did before. He's got a lot of dignity in his carriage now. THat gray hair doesn't detract from his looks one iota - it actually enhances them. Same with that pick of Bono with the white streak in his hair. Looked nice. Looked cool.

And, just as an aside, methinks Bono has never really cared whether he looked hot or not, truthfully. I think he just likes his hair dark rather than light. He'll always be about sixteen mentally, anyway. :grin:

I think people trying desperately to look younger tend to look older anyway. :yes:

Bono doesn't care and he's got that youthful curiosity about him that makes him still seem boyish. :)

bonocomet said:
Ok Ok all this talk of how close everyone is to Bono's age, or not, made me think, well Edge and I were only born 45 days apart (him being the younger of us)..... Anyone here get any closer to any one of the guys then that? I'm sure there's someone... Tell us! :)

:reject: I feel such a little baby in here...

Kafrun- You are so right. That guy will never really age, not where it counts. I work with a lady who is 52 and has that same kind of mindset. She doesn't mind being 52, and is gorgeous as ever. I seriously thought she was in her mid thirties, so imagine my jaw hitting the floor when she told me her actual age. You'd never know it to look at her.
And, thinking of it, Bono doesn't look precisely 45, either. More like 40, when he's tired.

Devlin said:
Kafrun- You are so right. That guy will never really age, not where it counts. I work with a lady who is 52 and has that same kind of mindset. She doesn't mind being 52, and is gorgeous as ever. I seriously thought she was in her mid thirties, so imagine my jaw hitting the floor when she told me her actual age. You'd never know it to look at her.
And, thinking of it, Bono doesn't look precisely 45, either. More like 40, when he's tired.

I'm usually good at guessing ages... but with Bono.. I really had NO idea... and I still don't know how old he 'looks' like... he's just a guy who likes to be a kid now and then... and well, I feel there isn't the 'generation gap' thingy between him and me, like I have with my parents and other adults.... he knows what's going on in the world.. and he's... I really don't know how to say it... he's more.. connected in some sort of way to everybody in age of 10-100! And thats something not many people have...
I saw OOTS on MTV this morning, (I told my sister the night before that it was the mustC, she was like *woohoo* sarcasm.. and I was like, well be glad, he isn't wearing his shades inthe vid.. she was like, oh great, then I'll only have to stare at some old man.. how old is he anywayz? 50?.. my mom was at the table, and she was like, AHEM, he is younger than your father and me, so quit bashing him!!!!!! (YES she was defending him!!!) )
and when I saw it.. I started looking at it closely... and he looked so young...
oh and I noticed... damn those biceps! anybody got the screenshot when he has his arms at his head, and you can see those muscles :drool:

Devlin said:

Excuse me, but happen to be one those women "running for the dye just because they got a silly gray hair"!!!:grumpy: And I do it, not because I want to "compete with the under-thirty" but coz I'm ONLY 43 and I don't want to look like I'm 60 with a head full of gray hair! Thank you very much!!!:madspit: I don't like your tone and I have a feeling that when you get to my age and you start getting gray hairs, you'll be reaching for that dye bottle too!!:lol: Mark my words!! :eyebrow:

Heh. You wish, chick. You don't have to like my tone. I stand by my opinion. And as for dying my hair? Nope. Not at all. I rather like the idea of going gray. Must come from having learned to appreciate my years on earth. When you get to live in a war zone for a couple decades, you'll grow up and realize that gray hair is /nothing/ to be upset about. I just hope you develop the wisdom to appreciate it sometime.

I find nothing wrong with dying your hair or anything like that to make yourself feel confident/sexy/youthful/whatever:shrug:
In this society women have alot of pressure to look"youthful"
Look a Hollywood today, none of those ladies over forty look like it.
I am almost thirty and if I start to grey before my time I will most likely use dye. There is nothing wrong with that. I doubt I would ever resort to plastic surgery or anything that extream so I would have to completely agree with hcbiggs on this one...

Devlin you are very young and your feelings will change a great deal on alot of issues as you mature. Please do nt take that the wrong way, it is just my opinion:wink:

I think it looks better if you get few gray hairs to dye your hair, and when you know your head is gray/white completely, then stop doing the dying... I mean, a head full of white hair can be very beautiful, but not half colored half gray/white...

It is also up to how that individual feels bout having grey hair. Some people are not ok with it- some are. Some people think it is hot, some do not. So it is all a matter of opinion and people's view on what is attractive.

CarmelU2fan:
*Edited becaiuse the first response was snippier than it needs to be*
While I know you'd like to think you know better, this too shall pass. There are those of us who look at getting older as a pleasant experience, not something to be avoided at all costs. I have no wish to deny my age. I actually look forward to getting older - as a matter of fact, I'm rather excited that I will be turning thirty on March 26th of this year. Not as excited as I will be to turn 40, but hey. 30 is a good thing. As A good friend of mine (who happens ot be in his forties) jokingly said to me, "Hey! You're almost a grown up!" Heh. That's been my attitude all along: why sit there and whine that you're not /young/ anymore? It's so not great to be young and whatever. I know, most people forget how much pressure they no longer have, they forget all the uncertainty and upheaval of youth because it's absent when you're a full grown adult. To not appreciate where you are now instead of trying to go backward just baffles me. If you're at ease with your age, no one will notice the gray in your hair much, really.

Last edited:
I never said in my post that I do not look forward to aging, as a matter of fact I would not trade it for anything in the world. I know so much more now than I ever did when I was younger. I was simply pointing out to you that not everyone feels this way. Just because you think grey hair and wrinkels are attractive does not mean the next person does or should feel the same as you. We are all different people that are raised in different ways. Some cultures find things beautiful that we would find bizzare.
BTW- I would have took you for a much younger person. I am 27 and I will be 28 on March 16th. So I realise now that you are most likey pretty set in your ways.

I am just making a statement . That is how I feel on the matter.But am glad that you edited you comment because there is no need to get rude, we are all adults here. I understand that we cannot agree on everything

Devlin said:
Heh. You wish, chick. You don't have to like my tone. I stand by my opinion. And as for dying my hair? Nope. Not at all. I rather like the idea of going gray. Must come from having learned to appreciate my years on earth. When you get to live in a war zone for a couple decades, you'll grow up and realize that gray hair is /nothing/ to be upset about. I just hope you develop the wisdom to appreciate it sometime.

I should also try to understand that people can only live by what they know. I may have never lived in a war zone but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm ignorant or immature!?! And the fact that you may have, doesn't give you the right to be rude, insulting or dismiss other peoples opinions or feelings!! It was just this tone that I was objecting to.
Nor that fact that I choose to dye my hair to hide the gray in any way effects my character! You really do have some bizzare ideas!!:scratch:
And I too am fine with growing older, I'm a much happier person now, more confident and less self-conscious (believe it or not!:huh: ) than I was in my teens, twenties or even thirties. I came close to dying last year, I shan't bore you with the details, but I feel more alive now than I ever did. Live's too short to picker over such a minor thing like 'to dye or not to dye'!!! Why does this bother you sooo much?!:slant:
By the way, I was actually joking about you "reaching for the dye bottle"!! You really ought to lighten up and not take everything so seriously!?!

:wink:

Last edited:
CarmelU2fan: Heh. You aren't the first. People usually do think I'm very young, because I deliberately do not act the way a 29 year old 'should' act. I don't believe everyone should have the same opinion. Life could get real boring real fast that way. I do have a problem with people poo-pooing other people simply on the basis of age.

Hcbiggs: Probably because you seemed to be trying to dismiss my opinions as though I had no right to them, with this lofty 'You're too young to know better' kind of attitude. /That/ is what bugged me. Maybe I misread that. It can happen.
As for why dying gray hair bugs me - I've seen too many people my age and younger die before they can /get/ gray hair, so I don't understand why the thought of it sends so many people, mostly women, rushing to hide them. Bizarre at it may seem to you, there it is. I didn't mean to be rude at all.

Last edited:
*sneaks in to steal the hot ass Bono.*
Ah. All is well.
*scratches his chin for effect, then grooooooooms him.*:evil:

Me likey the Bono. Bad, bad, Bono booty.

Back
Top Bottom