MERGED--> Is Bono looking his age???? + Oks, question for saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sting said:
Bono looks good for 45, goin on 46 I'd say. If he were to cut his hair to the Beautiful Day Video length (or whatever it is on the ATYCLB photoshoot) and shaved the scurff he'd look alot younger.

I'm a dude though so my opinion is when he looks coolest, and as far as im concerned he looks pretty cool all the time. he has to lose some weight though LOL.

I don't think Bono needs to lose any weight!?!:madwife: I personally prefer my men on the cuddly side! I hate the whole 'six pack' thing!!:yikes: To quote the Time article Bono's 'a pillow in a cowboy hat' and the perfect place for me to lay my weary head!!:drool:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I don't think Bono needs to lose any weight!?!:madwife: I personally prefer my men on the cuddly side! I hate the whole 'six pack' thing!!:yikes: To quote the Time article Bono's 'a pillow in a cowboy hat' and the perfect place for me to lay my weary head!!:drool:

Couldn't of said it better myself! ;)

Rather than 6-pack abs he's got a keg belly - and at 45 that's pretty normal for a guy who drinks quite often :D

He's still :drool: though..... :yes:

this thread proves that fans see him totally differently, but still we love him.... isn't that deep somehow?

I love his hair the reddish brownish way it is now.... and I love the scruff.. and I like the cowboy hat(the lighter one, not the yellowish strawhat) and the shades... it was pointed out before, but he indeed needs them now.. and people bashing him because of the shades shoud try to live in continual cameraflashes for about 20 years! I bet they'd be blind as a bat!
don't worry Bono, how old you look/are, we'll always love you because you are yourself, and somebody for us to look up to! You gave the world a lot of good, and try to give it even more!
I respect that, you rule -period-

Okay see what a miss being gone for a little. I still love my B-man and I cherish my picture with him but he doesn't look as old and it is from Nov. 2004.

I wish he would get rid of the stubble and of course I like the JT days and the dark hair. However 30, he will never be again :)sad: and neither will I). I hate the cowboy hat and I would love to see his eyes. I know that they are sensitvie eyes to the constant camera's but they have also become a signiture item of his. That is why he gave his glasses to Oprah and to the Pope. It is his signiture.

I am only 12 years younger than Bono. I will love him when he is in a wheelchair and 350lbs.

bonocomet said:
Ok wow. All this talk about should or shouldn't Bono wear shades all the time and not one mention of the fact that he wears them to protect his eyes! This man cannot set foot anywhere, 24/7 without having cameras flashing in his face constantly, and consider that this has been going on for approximately 25 years, and the fact that he has extremely light blue sensitive eyes. (Not to mention all the years of stage lights). I wouldn't blame him if he wore dark shades all the time. He wouldn't do that though because I think he needs that eye to eye connection with people. But we gotta let him protect them at least a little bit! Poor little Bono eyes! :sad:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if those shades are prescription lenses, either--he probably has the "over 40" eyes by now. :wink:

I am only 12 years younger than Bono. I will love him when he is in a wheelchair and 350lbs. [/B][/QUOTE] OMG--I read that he said one day he would be like Marlon Brando was--fat & naked somewhere on a beach with no responsibilities. Trying not to picture this. :ohmy:

Bono's Doll said:
I am only 12 years younger than Bono. I will love him when he is in a wheelchair and 350lbs.
OMG--I read that he said one day he would be like Marlon Brando was--fat & naked somewhere on a beach with no responsibilities. Trying not to picture this. :ohmy: [/B][/QUOTE]

no... that was actually taken out the conversations book
how he'd picture his end
he'd fake a death, plane crash or so, and move to Marlon Brando's island(he was still alive at that moment) and join him there in the good life, lying on the beach al day... pretty girls braiding his hair( YES PLEBANS!!!!!!:evil: ) drinking coctails.. that kinda stuff.. nothing about fat an naked :huh:

Bono's Doll said:
Don't correct your elders. (just messin with you GG) :eyebrow:

why should I not? :eyebrow:
I mean... you want the truth eh? :lol:

also... I don't mind the naked part of your story... now tell me, where is this beach located? :drool:

The beach is on my private island. :drool: I did have a dream once that he was naked and lying on a beach and a gekko crawled across his back. :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
The beach is on my private island. :drool: I did have a dream once that he was naked and lying on a beach and a gekko crawled across his back. :drool:

so he was lying on his belly??

bummer! :evil:

These posts are just getting me....

I mean, beaches, sun, sand, palm trees, blue ocean, birds, Bono lying on the hot sand wearing "little or nothing".... :drool:

So when are we kidnapping him?? Lets make plans! :evil: I'd gladly go to jail for life if this dream becomes a reality! :D

Did someone say Bono on the beach:wink:
bono0989.jpg

Bono looking his age? Well, that's because he is getting older!!
For those of us who are in his age range, its a reality. Ouch! Get ready, because it's going to come your way someday :wink:

Unfortunately we live in a society where youth is worshipped and ways to look younger are brought up in the media on a daily basis, like it's the most important thing about who you are.
We need to learn to see the beauty & sexiness in every age.

As far as clothing goes, I like his style. It's casual, but it's who he is, and he isn't going to pretend to be something he is not, and dress up just to please or impress people.

I agree with a previous comment made that when he smiles, his face lights up. Like in the song "time won't take the boy out of this man", I can't help but always see that "boy's smile" from back in the early days. The "boy part" is always there.

The two times I've had the chance to see him live, the minute he appears on stage and starts singing I don't know of anyone with more energy than him. He's got the energy of a kid. Enough to carry all of us out of this world! Considering he is twice as old as many of his fans.

Love his energy. He looks great.

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
:hmm: you may be on to something here...

:hmm: Those short compact legs do need some tanning.....

As does the rest of him... We'll tell him he can sunbathe in the buff and no paparazzi will bug him.... We'll give him a dream vacation :evil:

sweetie said:
Here's my 2 cents :p

Bono has a boyish face and an even boyish smile- as mentioned earlier, it lights up his face. Sometimes I want to toss the glasses down a deep hole because certain styles make him look years older than he is.

Sometimes he looks a bit tired and of course that ages any one of us. Sometimes his hair is a bit mussed or matted down and he can look a bit older then.

Bono is always in the spotlight and always in pictures. There are bound to be pix of him where he looks his age or aged. And, of course, he's not always in the best lighting.

Overall, I think Bono is aging very well. He is more beautiful up close than in pictures!! :drool: His skin is smooth and his freckles!! :drool:

It could be that I'm biased. He is an adorably sweet man. Charming and sexy. That, I'm sure, helps me overlook some of his more :crazy: days.

I hope he never does the face pull/lift!!! I want him to age. I can't stand those guys that have plastic surgery and they don't even look like themselves anymore.

good reply, sweetie {hello :D }

but i don't want him revealing his grayed hair, say, till he's 60........so call me shallow.....

and there's certain ways /angles he'as photographed at that can 'change' his age looking
also NOT ONLY that million watt smile.....in it's various ways slight, mediumj and big shiney........

AND Very important.....the sparkle in his eyes!!!
I figure when disscussing such weighty matters they may dim a bit.
or he could be smiling with his mouth, but not his eyes {because his mind is still on those daunting world issues}

remember it's somewhat easier to go gray/white when your hair IS on the ligher side like Adam. & Larry.........

But I think Adam even with the gray hair is " looking younger" in some ways and sexy- because as people have been remarking through the this tour, he's been looking happier, and participating with the audience MUCH more than before. ANd going out on the elispe alot!

So HIS eyes are sparkling more more and he's smiling much more. That gives ANYONE much more life & energy to themselves!

I didn't ake a full on pic of Bono when he passed by in the van after leaving MSG, becuase he had been in profile {when I took the first photo}, then turned full faced {before he turned in profile again--

because....
I was again stunned by his WITHOUT Sunglasses full on handsomeness/beauty upclose
AND perhaps because i wasn't more than ? five feet away {i've been closer} because i'd started reading sooooo much about how sensitive his eyes are to the flashed that I unconciously didn't take the pic {at night] > as my camera's flash would of been %RIGHT at his eyes.... yeah
I think I was stunned FIRST for a split second, ANd then in the NEXT split second thot about the camera flash... I hesisitated then he turned back to profile........

Last edited:
Bono Mot said:
I tried to find it once, but I was on my slow as molasses laptop and it was taking forever. Ahoy, captain, get on it with your mission!:wink: I'll be checking back! <rubs hands together in anticipation>

Ahoy there Bono Mot! Well so far no luck on my mission for the life size pic of your icon yet. :(

This is it so far...
bonopop.jpg

And ya know what? I cannot believe I didn't realize this before, but suddenly just today I went Oh DUH! That's the photo from the "Pop" album cover!!! :reject:

u2coverpopsm.jpg

ok well.... I shall continue with my quest!!
In the mean time... "Turn it up loud, Captain!"

U2Kitten said:

Come back and say that when you're older. Just because you are getting older doesn't mean you give up, stop dying your hair, and go, oh well I'm old now! I hope he never stops dyeing his hair. ADAM is the one who looks oldest, because of his gray hair. Look, how many stars 10 or 20 years older than U2 have gray hair? Nobody wants to get old, look old or feel old. Looking old makes you feel old. Come on.

And Larry looks younger and better with longer, dyed hair. The crewcut made him look harsh.

Edge? The beanie IS his look. I can't see him with hair, a bald head or a different hat. The beanie IS The Edge!

I think Adam is just very comfortable in his own skin. He's been dying his hair off and on for years, it's cool that he's just letting his natural hair color show. Adam's the eldest, he's been said to always look the oldest of the band, even when they were younger.

They're not pinup stars, not actors, they're musicians ye know. It's sad that rockstars would resort to facelifts, hair coloring, in order to be relevant or stay relevant.

Some people respond to the question with various answers, if you could be anyone past or present, who would you like to be? Adam said no one else, except maybe Larry, so he could have Larry's dog. :laugh:

There's a confidence in who he is, and that's an attractive quality,
silver hair or not. It's not about looking old, it's about feeling old. Adam looks like he's having a great time on stage. Not sure if it's ironic, but he's getting more attention now than he's ever gotten. Take a look at Pleba, some saying they didn't really pay much attention to Adam until this recent tour. (Not a slight on those who made those comments, just making a point)

I would hope I would have that kind of confidence or just not care what others think, when I'm 45, to be my natural self. Or at least be with someone who that wouldn't matter as much so I wouldn't have to dye my hair.

As long as Bono doesn't shave his head, it's all good.

Natural baldness is one thing, to purposely shave off your hair. :no:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom