MERGED --> In Memorium: Pics of Bono and the Pope + The Pope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
In Memorium: Pics of Bono and the Pope

Bonus points if they include JP II weaing Bono's shades. :wink:

RIP, JP II!

awww nice idea for a thread

bono_137.jpg

:shifty: I wonder if he left instructions saying he wanted to be buried with the fly shades. :reject:

BTW I mean no disrespect with the above comment.

Lil'Bono said:
Damn, the popes dead?:ohmy: :| :(

Yeah, he died around.....3ish? today.

this might sound ....bad...but I am worried about where those sunglasses end up.:huh: I'd hate for some person to just go...hmmmm...what are these old sunglasses doing here and toss them in the trash.:( Ok OK...I am not that worried, just random stupid thoughts that have run through my head:huh:

karmic_postmark said:
:shifty: I wonder if he left instructions saying he wanted to be buried with the fly shades. :reject:

BTW I mean no disrespect with the above comment.

I know, I just posted something saying I was worried about those shades. No offense taken here:wink:

No offense taken, I'm Catholic and I understand. I wonder about those glasses myself! I'm really sad and shaken up right now. It's a sad day for Catholics and many non-Catholics also, I'm sure Bono is really sad too. :sad: :sad:

I'm so glad this thread is here... I'm really upset about the Pope's death..... I always wished I would meet him. I did admire him...
Perpetual light.......... now he's with Jesus-- no reason to be sad about that.

Now back to my lovely Bono..............:drool: :drool:

I agree with I'mStillWaiting...I'm happy that John Paul II is with god now...at least he died in peace...and that i'm happy.

Yes...it is sad that he died...but we should honor his life...not his death.

(sorry if my comment is weird or disrespectfull..but it's the truth)

Pope John Paul II died at 21.37 (Italian time)
The Roman square of St. Pietro (were the church is) was full of boys and girls praying for him, and trying to let him know they were there, under his window, to pray.
A spokesman said the Pope heard the teens were there and he just was happy with that.
May he rest in peace and be an example for all of us.

Here is a beautiful little article regarding Bono's feelings at the passing of Pope John Paul II:

Bono cheers 'best frontman' Pope

Bono travelled widely as part of his anti-poverty campaigning

U2 lead singer Bono has paid tribute to Pope John Paul II, calling him the "best frontman the Roman Catholic Church ever had".

They met when they campaigned to end world debt and both were nominees for the Nobel peace prize.

Bono described the late pontiff - who died on Saturday - as "a great show man, a great communicator of ideas".

"Without John Paul II its hard to imagine the Drop the Debt campaign succeeding as it did," Bono added.

The Drop the Debt movement campaigns to convince wealthy nations to cancel the debts of the world's poorest countries.

The Pope met Bono, along with other pop stars, aid workers and economists, in 1999 as the movement pushed for rich nations to write off debt owed by developing countries by the year 2000.

"How could you turn this man down?", Bono said about the Pope at the time.

The Pope also strove to understand popular culture and reach out to the world's young people.

In this vein, he once invited Bob Dylan to perform for him at a church congress in Bologna and joined the Eurythmics, Alanis Morissette and Lou Reed at a concert in Rome in aid of debt reduction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4406191.stm

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

Bono could realize the Good in the Pope because that same Goodness lives within his Heart and Soul.

Tonight, we sing this for the Holy Father, a friend to the world's poor
(pause) and a great wearer of fly shades." -

Bono "40" Anaheim, during the
near last part of the song. :angel:

That is absolutely wonderful to read of that Jamila!! :wink:

Thank you so much for that! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

It was truly a great moment in Bonos' life when he had his meeting with the Pope! It just proved the sense of humour he had too, since he swapped shades with B!! :) Lovely :heart:

Back
Top Bottom