MERGED ----> I got pics with Bono in LA yesterday! + I met bono in la yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SJ

Refugee
I got pics with Bono in LA yesterday!

For those of you who knew my San Jose story that I had met Bono in 2001 and the 2 pics we took together didnt come out, you can imagine how happy I am right now! I got a picture with Bono yesterday!!! I decided to try to meet Bono in West Hollywood at his hotel. I came with my mom to LA last Wednesday to stay with my Aunt and Uncle and this weekend I hung out at the hotel to see if I could see Bono again. Since 1987 this has been my dream and now it has come true twice! I can't even believe it! It was amazing!! :hyper: :happy: :hyper:
So I wrote out my story again its kinda long because the experience was thrilling to me.... It all began on Saturday, when my mom and I went to wait in front of the hotel, lol I must say my mom is a great sport and she came to wait with me to take pics, she is a great photographer and last time in San Jose she was so upset when she took the pics of me and Bono and neither one came out.... anyways, so we met dsmith (HI! :wave: I was so sad you weren't there on Sunday!) and her friends and we waited.... and waited.... we did get a bit of excitement when Larry all of a sudden appears driving down the ramp and then we also spotted Paul... so then we see Bono coming out in the front seat of the sedan, he waved to us and his security guard told us he was late and wouldnt be able to stop for now. After awhile he returned and waved again, and went straight into the hotel... We waited for about 7 hours but at about 9pm we finally left, hopeful to meet him on Sunday...
So Sunday we had planned to go around 1pm, but I woke up with some wierd feeling and decided to go at 10 am.... It was only me for about an hour, his securuty guard was there again and came up to chat with me, he was really cool.... 4 other girls showed up, and we chatted and they told me great stories of meeting him many times in the past, I think they were all from LA and anyways, so we had a nice time waiting and talking. When at around 11:30 amazing things start to happen.... Bono started to walk out of the hotel, and here he was coming out to greet us!!! He looked wonderful, wow he was looking so sexy. You will see from the pics when I get them all scanned tonite... As he was getting close to us I held out a bookmark and said "Bono I have a gift for you". (A few months ago, I had bought it for him it was green felt with "May happiness fill your days" with 2 green clovers embroidered on it. And on the back I had written "Bono thanks for 16 years and thanks to U2")
Bono walked right up to me and took the bookmark, he looked very pleased with it and thanked me for it. He was smiling, he looked amazing, the beard is very sexy in person!! So at this point I was trying really hard to remain calm, I cant believe he was right in front of me! So I start rambling how in San Jose the pics didnt come out and could I please have a pic with him. He said "ofcourse" and put his arm around me where he stood with me long enough for my mom to get a bunch of pics!!! And they came out this time! :hyper: So then I handed him my book to the page with my story from last time, he said "I think this book is really fantastic" and "I was so impressed with this book, isnt it great"...Then he started to draw on my pic in the book, a cowboy hat on my head and arms and an outfit, he was doodling and chatting for a long time! I ofcourse just kept saying thank you over and over completely awe struck. While he was almost done with the pic, someone pulled up and Bono gave me my book back and walked over to the car to talk with that person. Then he came back to me to finish the drawing and sign "Cowgirl with mo blues Bono 2003" It amazed me that he even came back to finish it! My legs were shaing this whole time, I swear it is so surreal and amazing. Wow! He gave me my book back and then chatted, took pics and signed for the other girls... At one point this girl ran up from working at the newstand across the street and told Bono "I love your music" and he said "I love your dress, we need to get a pic of that" so we all took some pics of him and this girl with a black dress on... He spent quite a long time with each of the other girls, and it seemed as he knew them and remembered them all from past visits! He was so chatty and smiling, it was all so amazing!
He was in front of me again so i got up the courage to ask him for one more hug and he ofcourse obliged, my mom got an amazing picture of this... He is so snuggly, I wanted to hug him forever!!! Then my mom even asked for a picture with him, he was like "sure" and so I snapped an amazing pic where Bono has his arm around her shoulders and girls all I need to say is rosary!!! You will see the pics asap! Wow. So it was all an unforgettable experience! After chatting with the other girls another few minutes he looked back to me and said "Thank you again for my gift" I said your welcome and then he said he was going to have to go, and he walked back up the driveway to the hotel...
The other girls and I hugged, they were all so nice and they seemed really happy for me that I had gotten my pics with Bono! My mom and I went to one hour photo and I danced and screamed in Rite Aid when I saw how amazing the pics came out.
This amazing Sunday morning blew my mind once again. Bono is just the most genuine, kind, generous and wonderful person. He spent like 15-20 minutes out there and he seemed to have a great time talking with his fans. He is all that you ever imagine.
After being a fan for so long, this is something I will never ever forget!!! THANK YOU BONO!!!!! :bono:
And as a grand finale, after watching the Oscars in Hollywood at a restaurant we went to Mortons, where Vanity Fair was having the after party.... where we got extremely lucky once again and were fist in line on the barrier across the street from where the limos were pulling in and letting the stars out. We saw Richard Gere, Nicholas Cage, Adrian Brody, Martin Scorsese, Meryl Streep and so many more, but about 11:30 pm there is Bono, Ali, Edge and Morleigh getting out of their sedans and walking in to the restaurant! They waved all the way down and the crowd went wild! I think I nearly lost my voice there! They got some of the biggest applause!!!
So here are my favorite 2 pics.... more to come soon, my picture cd will be ready in an hour or so!!!
Bono%20and%20Marisa!%203,23,2003.jpg

Bono%20and%20Marisa%203,23,2003%202.jpg

:D

Thanks for the congrats guys :) I am a very very happy girl right now....
Except I just picked up my picture cd and it won't work :( !!! We got about 25 amazing pics and I wanted to share them... Let me try to scan a few more, they just dont come out as good as the cd woud have!!!

Here are a couple of Bono signing my Elevate me Here book story
Bono%20signing%20my%20book%202.jpg

Bono%20signing%20my%20book.jpg

And the autograph!
Elevate%20me%20Here%20book%20Bono%20autograph.jpg

Last edited:
Bono and my mom! What was funny was the security told my mom the night before "It's you I am worried about, you're the slick one", lol, my mom in the car today was still in shock that he came out... I am still so :hyper: !!!
Bono%20with%20Mom!.jpg

Bono you can see the bookmark here! And my husband laughed at me when I said I am going to give this to Bono when I go to LA!
Bono4%20with%20my%20bookmark.jpg

Bono and fans ...
Bono%20and%20fan.jpg

Bono%20and%20fan2.jpg

WOW U2SJ! I'm so happy for you, I know what a good Bono girl you are :yes: you deserve it! :) Your pics are awesome, how could you stand it?! :hyper: If you want I can make you an avatar of you with Bono, or just Bono from the meeting and tell you how to put it in. Congratulations!! :wave: :bono:

U2kitten I can't stand it!!! :hyper::hyper: I am still on such a high, I am supposed to go to work now and deo overtime to make up for my time off, how I will function there is a mystery to me!!!
I would love for you to make me avatars of the 1st 2 pics, thank you!!! Tonight when I get home and can get back online maybe you can tell me how to put it in!!!
thanks!

Sweetie!!!! I am so, so, so, so, so happy for you and your mom!! We all knew he would come out, Bono's just such a doll like that! Despite my totally striking out Edge-wise, I am just so completely thrilled that you did get your Bono pic and that he got your present.

:hug:

Wow! U2sj! All i can say-is I am happy for you! thank you for sharing your pics-you make me feel like i am right there, too! And those pics, looks soo Hollywood! I spent my teen years hanging out in Hollywood with my friends-just like that! Meeting people outside hotels, rest., etc,..! it is All exciting! And, i am happy you Didn't listen to your husband-you would have been sorry you didn't go with your 'hunches'! Congrats! u deserve it!!

diamond said:
Ms. U2SJ

What resturant or hotel was this at?

Diamond

I really don't think this type of question should be answered on the internet.

Remember, there's some nutty people out there. no offense.

:|

Last edited:
oktobergirl said:

I really don't think this type of question should be answered on the internet.

Remember, there's some nutty people out there. no offense.

:|

Thank you for writing that, it's not like it's some big secret because there were like nearly 50 people there to see the guys off on Sunday, but it is kind of in bad form to tell everyone. :yes:

dsmith2904 said:
Sweetie!!!! I am so, so, so, so, so happy for you and your mom!! We all knew he would come out, Bono's just such a doll like that! Despite my totally striking out Edge-wise, I am just so completely thrilled that you did get your Bono pic and that he got your present.

:hug:

:hug::hug: Hi there d! It was great to meet you and hang out all day and thanks for all your positive energy!!!
I was so bummed you weren't there, we were thinking about you all Sunday! But I know you will meet Edge someday soon, I wish you the best of luck always!

And thanks for all the kind words everyone, I am still in shock! Can't stop looking at the pics, lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom