MERGED --> Family pictures of Bono!!!!!!!! + SORRY because of the family Bono Pics!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only recent pics of Bono's kids that I have seen are Jordan and Eve. (I'm super jealous of their clothes.)

I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of Bono's children. I'm I wrong here?

Anyway, why would someone post two threads with the same subject on the same day?

Last edited:
There were pics not a long time ago (sometime in Oct) when B was in Disney Land with John and Eli. :cute:

And they should not have been posted!!

Sorry but the bands families are nothing to do with any of the fans, and no one needs to know what they look like. We are fans of U2 not their nearest and dearest.

Threads ;like this make me very uncomfortable.

Yeah BUT John and Eli were pictured in US Magazine.

I would be protective over my children if I were Bono but there are limits to that, unfortunately. I already know what all the kids look like. Most other fans do already themselves.

I'll talk to the other mods to see what our stance is on this - I don't have a problem with postings pics that have already been published in magazines etc, but I'll see of I can get a consensus.

I have no interest in getting into any "argument" over this, but just to make clear that Kellyahern did NOT post the pictures of the kids at Disneyland for just that reason-she asked anyone who wanted to see them to e-mail her to get them privately.

Someone else posted a scan from US Magazine-once it's in a magazine, it's everywhere, and I don't think that person meant any harm. The large pic was Bono and Ali, w/ a very small one of two of the kids that you could barely see.

I don't have interest in the kids or what they look like, what they are doing.. my only interest is that their families are healthy and happy. I don't think anyone here feels any differently :)

Any pictures for me just reinforce what happy family men they are. That's the only reason I enjoy pictures like that.

I don't think there's a reason to post pictures of their kids. Edge and Bono bring their older kids on stage sometimes so maybe something like that would feel a little more appropriate since it's at a concert and they all know the kids will be in pictures. But otherwise I just don't think it's neccessary.

Don't think it's necessary? It's U2's family. You guys all feel a need to thoroughly examine every atom on Bono's body right down to the last electron, and having a glimpse at what their families look like is 'unnessesary.' :eyebrow:

AussieU2fanman said:
You guys all feel a need to thoroughly examine every atom on Bono's body right down to the last electron, and having a glimpse at what their families look like is 'unnessesary.' :eyebrow:

You're so wrong. Not all of us that come to Pleba are like that.

I don't see anything wrong with posting pics of their kids of they were already printed in a magazine or if they are obviously posed for the picture (i.e. they consented to the photographer photographing them).

maude said:
I don't see anything wrong with posting pics of their kids of they were already printed in a magazine or if they are obviously posed for the picture (i.e. they consented to the photographer photographing them).

I agree with this to an extent. If its published everywhere, in magazines, etc. I dont see a reason why they cant be posted here. It's all about how tactful you are when you post them. I dont like to see people 'oogling' their kids.. I dont think that's right. And apparently Bono doesnt like it either!

I agree w/Sicy completely! Pics of the kids should be handled tactfully. It's one thing that their dad signed on to be the Center of our universe - they clearly NEVER made that decision and should never be "oogled" (hee hee - funny little word!) by anyone. :mad:

As for thoroughly examing every atom of Bono...mmm - There's really nothing I can say about that that wouldn't just incriminate me!!! :drool:

I wasnt having a go at Kelly or anyone else for posting them, but I personally feel that there is no need to see the children they are not in U2!!!

Thats all I meant sorry if it offended anyone, and just a point that not ALL the photos of the younger children especially are taken with Bono's permission.

Last summer (2003) someone took closeup pictures of Bono, Ali and the 2 little boys on vacation in France. Within a day, they were gone, from here and the site that was hosting them. Someone high up asked that they be removed in fear kidnappers would see them, so apparently in some cases he DOES care. But once it has been in a major publication like US I don't see how he can blame any of us for it. Also if the big girls are at an outing with their parents and get taken, that's okay, they had to know the girls would be photographed when they took them. At the 2003 Grand Prix, Bono was quoted by one photographer who asked him to pose with the kids as saying "we don't like our children photographed." And, if you notice, every pic of the children has been candid and taken from distance, none are ever posed, or looking at the camera smiling. That's what makes me think he's not too keen on his kids' pics being taken and shown around. He's very rich and he does worry about kidnappers. If Bono has a problem with something we do here, I'm sure one of his people will say something as they did before. I like seeing pics of the kids, but sometimes I feel bad about it because of their privacy. The worst thing was that cute zoom in of Eli in the leather jacket that was taken at Bob Hewson's funeral. :(

SORRY, because of the Bono family pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all: SORRY!!!!

I'm a fan like everyone of you who respects the privacy of their families!
I think that U2 fans are very tactful and are not so cracy about knowing every private step they are doing! That is GREAT!!!
We're happy with them (birth of a child) and we're sad when something is happening (Death of Bob) but we know where the borders are and that's amacing!

So, I'm sorry for that (didn't expect such a reaction)! I know the same pictures as you and just wanted to know if there are some more I perheps don't know!

So, sorry once again! Won't ask anymore!

P.S. Did you realise how similar Elijah (at the funeral photo) looks to Bono when he was a child (the black and white picture of VH1)?????

P.P.S.: Will their be a 5th child? What do you think? :)

Hey, don't worry about it. It's not like you were asking for mp3s from Bob Hewson's funeral unlike other peope....:rolleyes:
You're fine!

Yes, Elijah definetly has the same little chubby baby cheeks that Smidgen Bono did.

I have no idea if there will be another lil' Hewson....the ones he has now are beatiful children that's for sure.

Thank you!!

And: you must be joking!!! mp3 of the funeral! Are they mad!

I didn't even store up the pictures where he's carrying the coffin, because I think that's very irreverent!
It's also a very private moment in Bono's live!
That should be respected!

BYE

I'm not being mean, but so what? It was at a private event....at a funeral. It wasn't a moment that had anything to do with U2 the band...it was a man expressing himself in the best way he knows how. Why would anyone want a recording of one of the most painful and heartwrenching moments of Bono's life for thier own listening collection? I can already hear plenty of enough pain in Bono's voice on the album version of this song.

Please keep your posts in the original thread EverlastingLove. (Hit reply instead of post).

I will merge these two threads.

Another baby? No, I don't think so. After Eli's birth Ali told at least one interviewer that she wouldn't be having any more babies. I'm one of four children myself, and that's enough for any hard-working parents.

Yeah Ali is almost 44 years old, that's pushing it. They have a nice family, 2 boys, 2 girls :) I remember in the 80's I was worried Bono wasn't going to have kids- he and Ali waited 7 years after marriage to have Jordan. What a waste of good genes it would have been if they didn't have any! But they sure made up for it.

Bono's Tart said:
I wasnt having a go at Kelly or anyone else for posting them, but I personally feel that there is no need to see the children they are not in U2!!!

Should this also apply to posting pics of U2's wives and girlfriends? They also are not in the band.

Back
Top Bottom